Ravenwood vs. Brentwood Academy

RaptorFan10

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm honestly curious: within the rules, could a BA football coach visit a Williamson County middle school and encourage kids to apply to BA?

Not only can they not go to a middle school and encourage kids to apply to BA (or any other private school), they are not even aloud to contact middle school kids who have already applied to BA . . .

:justwrestle: :D

From what I saw of that scrimmage Ryan gave the ball away too. They also seemed to tire in the second half. Did you see that from Ryan?

To be honest, I was not very impressed with either team that day. Ryan's tailback #3 had some nice runs but they did not throw the ball much(or well). And yes, Ryan looked tired in the second half and did not move the ball until the last 2 minutes. All in all, I hope both teams were able to take something from this scrimmage to work on. Ravenwood was without 4 key starters vs Ryan. They will have 3 of the 4 back this week vs BA (with the exception being their starting RB).

To be honest, I was not very impressed with either team that day. Ryan's tailback #3 had some nice runs but they did not throw the ball much(or well). And yes, Ryan looked tired in the second half and did not move the ball until the last 2 minutes. All in all, I hope both teams were able to take something from this scrimmage to work on. Ravenwood was without 4 key starters vs Ryan. They will have 3 of the 4 back this week vs BA (with the exception being their starting RB).

You play BA and we play Ryan...Good Luck to all. Sorry to say I think Ravenwood may have their hands full with BA but I know your season will be great. I look forward to seeing Ravenwood and BA in November playoffs.

You play BA and we play Ryan...Good Luck to all. Sorry to say I think Ravenwood may have their hands full with BA but I know your season will be great. I look forward to seeing Ravenwood and BA in November playoffs.

Thanks much and good luck to you all. My brother is friends with Jeff Brothers so we root for you guys. Ravenwood played JP two years ago when Golden was a Soph. He was a huge handful then!!

You would also think that contacting 8th graders who have already enrolled in your school wouldn't be called "recruiting" but it was . . .

If anyone thinks a sane family from TX or GA (both stronger high school football states than TN) would uproot and relocate to Williamson County just so thier son could play football at BA is nuts . . .

Then they've had a couple of nuts. Know from personal experience in dealing with one family several years ago that is exactly what they did and why, moving from GA to B'wood so the two boys could play at BA. The dad was extremely proud of the fact that he had done so. Had a chain of businesses in Atlanta area and said, "Money is not the object. Playing at BA is."

Now, having said that, understand two things that are critically important. One, BA had never heard of these kids until they applied for admission, so recruiting by the school was not an issue, it was more of a Dad "selling" his kids. Secondly, the kids were such great football players that one never got past second team and the other never got past practice squad and Dad and the family went back to GA two years later.

My point, however, may be mute. You did say "sane" family. Sorry, I'll read the posts better next time. :justwrestle:

VI

This match-up should hardly be considered a battle of 2 Williamson Co. teams. Why would anyone EVER think BA bends the rule??? I don't know, maybe because they now have 2 new starters in the backfield, 1 from Texas and 1 from Georgia. What does the polygraph say on this one?

Go Wilco!

Oh, it's good to be back! No championships since 1996, barely beat two D1 state champions in 2002 and 2005, legal victories over the TSSAA at every turn....Frankly, complaining about Brentwood Academy was really dropping off. Finally, complaining about BA is trendy, once again.

Did winning that regular season game even matter in the grand scheme of things?? I'll take a regular season loss or go 5-5(Livingstone Academy) and exchange it for a title all day long. Anyone want to claim otherwise and be undefeated in the regular season and lose in the playoffs? Any takers??

To answer you first question, no, it did not matter in the grand scheme of things. And yes, like you, I would most certainly take a regular season loss or go 5-5 (LA) in exchange for a state title. My post was not a knock on Ravenwood at all. I respect what they've been able to accomplish in a short period. I responded to another post about a couple of guys that left Brentwood Academy to go to Ravenwood. Sure, they won 5A, but they still couldn't beat their old team. Nothing personal....I'm not a BA supporter/grad/Williamson Co. resident, etc.....

Encouraging kids to attend the school that they are alread zoned for would hardly be considered recruiting. You are really reaching here, but if it makes you feel better about your school's recruiting then go with it.

What??? Reaching???? Try reading the link a few times and see if it clicks with you. If not, you're welcome to come back to planet earth any time.

Encouraging kids to attend the school that they are alread zoned for would hardly be considered recruiting. You are really reaching here, but if it makes you feel better about your school's recruiting then go with it.

recruit, recruiting - "to enroll or seek to enroll" - American Heritage Dictionary

Hmm, nothing about "zoning" in that definition. The Ravenwood coach is providing information that may be vital to the kid and his parents. He is selling his program and the benefits, just like Brentwood Academy, CPA, Ensworth, MBA or anyone should. There are many good options. Your "zoned" option maybe the best option. Bwood Moms should want all the information to make the best choice for their child.