Ravenwood vs. Brentwood Academy

RaptorFan10

Tennessean picking BA 24-17. Said Ravenwood is #3 in state behind Riverdale and Oak Ridge?

Unless Ravenwood has really improved from last week, I don't see the score that close. I say more like 35-14. With that Caffey kid throwing the rock around and running some too and BA's other offensive weapons, I am not sure Ravenwood will be able to hang with BA. I may be wrong but I think the loss of Jennings puts alot of pressure on Ravenwood.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless Ravenwood has really improved from last week, I don't see the score that close. I say more like 35-14. With that Caffey kid throwing the rock around and running some too and BA's other offensive weapons, I am not sure Ravenwood will be able to hang with BA. I may be wrong but I think the loss of Jennings puts alot of pressure on Ravenwood.

I think that any team that is coming off a state title feels the pressure. I do think you will see an "improved" Ravenwood team this week. If they get their all-state middle LB back in action, I don't see BA putting up 35 pts. on them. Lots of people forget that this team still returns a lot of talent and has virtually the same coaching staff (lost Woodward to Antioch, added Herzog from Hillsboro via Vandy).

I think that any team that is coming off a state title feels the pressure. I do think you will see an "improved" Ravenwood team this week. If they get their all-state middle LB back in action, I don't see BA putting up 35 pts. on them. Lots of people forget that this team still returns a lot of talent and has virtually the same coaching staff (lost Woodward to Antioch, added Herzog from Hillsboro via Vandy).

Why DID Ravenwood lose to Father Ryan? I would have thought you guys would put them away fairly easy? Are they that good this year? :D

i guess no one is taking into account the firepower that BA has. At QB, they have Caffey, a stud from Texas. Their running backs include Ryan White, Tyree Ford, and a transfer from Georgia. Their Offensive line is one of the best seen in years. On the other side of the ball, they have a killer defense that did a pretty good job of containing TC Jennings last year. They should have no trouble in this game, and in fact, I would be suprised if this one wasnt a blowout. Brings back memories of a BA game several years ago when Flatt decided to send his starters home at half time. These factors coupled with the reports of Ravenwood defeats in several scrimmages against the like of Father Ryan and BGA do not provide a good out look for the Raptors.

Edited by bobafett903

i guess no one is taking into account the firepower that BA has. At QB, they have Caffey, a stud from Texas. Their running backs include Ryan White, Tyree Ford, and a transfer from Georgia. Their Offensive line is one of the best seen in years. On the other side of the ball, they have a killer defense that did a pretty good job of containing TC Jennings last year. They should have no trouble in this game, and in fact, I would be suprised if this one wasnt a blowout. Brings back memories of a BA game several years ago when Flatt decided to send his starters home at half time. These factors coupled with the reports of Ravenwood defeats in several scrimmages against the like of Father Ryan and BGA do not provide a good out look for the Raptors.

I remember a few years ago against Ryan The BA starters came out after halftime in sweats. That is what I would call a slap in the face. Of course I believe the halftime score was 35 or 42-0, I guess that would be a bigger slap upside the head.

Jennings and Marshall did indeed attend BA.

I think the rings that read "5A STATE CHAMPS" prove that they made the right decision.

Oh, by the way.

BA by two touchdowns. Flatt has amassed (somehow) a nice load of talent from around the nation. This BA team looks to be one of the better ones in recent memory, while Ravenwood lost a lot. Rector will have his troops ready and they'll play a great game, I just see BA as being too strong overall.

Edited by donathan5507

I think the rings that read "5A STATE CHAMPS" prove that they made the right decision.

Oh, by the way.

BA by two touchdowns. Flatt has amassed (somehow) a nice load of talent from around the nation. This BA team looks to be one of the better ones in recent memory, while Ravenwood lost a lot. Rector will have his troops ready and they'll play a great game, I just see BA as being too strong overall.

Yep, you're right...5A state champs........................still couldn't beat BA!

Oh, by the way.

You are ranked #3 in the state in 5a, not time to be throwing out excuses about losing a lot. But then again Ryan beat ya so you probably do have a point.

Holy Rat Droppings Batman. JP and I agree on something. BA will win by 24 points and it will be ugly. Flatt is loaded and Ravenwood is disarmed.

Ole Dad

This match-up should hardly be considered a battle of 2 Williamson Co. teams. Why would anyone EVER think BA bends the rule??? I don't know, maybe because they now have 2 new starters in the backfield, 1 from Texas and 1 from Georgia. What does the polygraph say on this one?

Go Wilco!