Waverly @ Hickman Co.

rednecktiger

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my opinion this week is a huge one for HC, this game can get the Dawgs back on track for the Season to come. I think LC and Coach Sharp did a great job Friday against HC...but we all have to remember that both teams had their share of first game mistakes...I cant wait for HC to get reclassified and that be a game that takes place in Week 9 or 10. Coach Swenson will have the Bulldogs ready for Waverly and if things go well it could get ugly for the Tigers...then again if HC doesnt capitalize on opportunities it could be a long night and season. I want to thank all those out there that are Bulldog fans for being supportive and coming to the game Friday night...I just hope that this will continue and the fire will stay lit in HC for many years to come.

Obviously, those outside of Humphreys County know very little about the Waverly Tigers. But those who were in Hornwald last week do know something about Hickman County.

Mean Jean's opinion: Hickman County is better than last year. Thye have some speed and ability. I hate to say anything good about Hornwald but their defense was impressive. Coach Shawp has a lot of depth and their team doesn't wear out too quickly. If you are overlooking Hickman County, you are making a very serious mistake.

Don't tell anyone I said this but they got beat by a potential powerhouse team.

Ditto.....Lewis County has the potential to be very good, they are much better than last year at this time. Hickman County is alot, and I mean alot better on both sides of the ball than we've been in years. And after looking over the roster, we are starting a ton of sophmores and juniors, almost the entire defense is made up of sophomores and juniors and the backfield too. The punter is a soph. as is the snapper and we are pretty much two platooning. It appears to me we are preparing for the upcoming battles in 07 and 08 when reclassification occurs. Getting the young pups a year under their belt in the trenches. If we go 2A, like I believe we will, their is going to be a border war that will definitely bring back memories of the old days when Hickman County football was dominant. I counted 50+young men on the sideline for us and the freshman didn't dress. Thats over 80 kids playing football at a school who just 2 years ago couldn't even have a freshman schedule. I don't know what Waverly has, i'm sure they'll be tough but after seeing us against a very good Lewis Co. team I think we can play with them. :lol:

28-0 wow...thats a big win for hickman co...congrats, ya did play good and smart....waverly wasnt ready at all....i could tell by watchin them that almost all of them werent ready 2 play no highschool football...the only 1s that seemed close 2 ready were alex green#1 and scurlock #20....i never could tell if #7 corey stephens was ready 2 play or not because the most i saw the offensive line do is shout run corey....id sure hate to be at the practices this week....lot of work needed if u ask me...the refs were actually pretty good, i cant complain.....its not that hickman co was that good..i mean come on now, they ran like 2 plays the whole game, and i figured that out n the 2nd quarter....they do have a pretty good back, hes little but really quick and agile....but we really need 2 wake up and realize, football season has started!!!! so come on waverly lets do better this week, we are hosting richland..a have 2 win game!!!!

28-0 wow...thats a big win for hickman co...congrats, ya did play good and smart....waverly wasnt ready at all....i could tell by watchin them that almost all of them werent ready 2 play no highschool football...the only 1s that seemed close 2 ready were alex green#1 and scurlock #20....i never could tell if #7 corey stephens was ready 2 play or not because the most i saw the offensive line do is shout run corey....id sure hate to be at the practices this week....lot of work needed if u ask me...the refs were actually pretty good, i cant complain.....its not that hickman co was that good..i mean come on now, they ran like 2 plays the whole game, and i figured that out n the 2nd quarter....they do have a pretty good back, hes little but really quick and agile....but we really need 2 wake up and realize, football season has started!!!! so come on waverly lets do better this week, we are hosting richland..a have 2 win game!!!!

WAVERLY COULD HAVE PLAYED BETTER, BUT YOU HAVE TO REALIZE THAT HICKMAN HAS OVER 75 PLAYERS AND THAT THEIR LINES ONLY PLAYED PN O OR D AND NOT BOTH AS WAVERLY DOES. THEY WERE THE BETTER TEAM AND WORE WAVERLY DOWN BECAUSE THEY HAD FRESH BODIES TO SUB IN. SOME WAVERLY UNDRCLASSMEN ARE GOING TO HAVE TO STEP UP AND GIVE THE STARTERS A LITTLE BREAK.

WAVERLY COULD HAVE PLAYED BETTER, BUT YOU HAVE TO REALIZE THAT HICKMAN HAS OVER 75 PLAYERS AND THAT THEIR LINES ONLY PLAYED PN O OR D AND NOT BOTH AS WAVERLY DOES. THEY WERE THE BETTER TEAM AND WORE WAVERLY DOWN BECAUSE THEY HAD FRESH BODIES TO SUB IN. SOME WAVERLY UNDRCLASSMEN ARE GOING TO HAVE TO STEP UP AND GIVE THE STARTERS A LITTLE BREAK.

that is mostly true, waverly does basically have one line that plays tha whole game....it does make it rougher on the players but that isnt to blame for last night's loss....the loss came from the team not being ready to play....because i know that they arent goina git wore out so early n the first quarter....we needed to git sum momentium early and it didnt happen...the only little momentum we got was shut down bcuz of penalties....the point is we need to b ready to play...we have the talent and capability but if u arent ready then it does no good....

that is mostly true, waverly does basically have one line that plays tha whole game....it does make it rougher on the players but that isnt to blame for last night's loss....the loss came from the team not being ready to play....because i know that they arent goina git wore out so early n the first quarter....we needed to git sum momentium early and it didnt happen...the only little momentum we got was shut down bcuz of penalties....the point is we need to b ready to play...we have the talent and capability but if u arent ready then it does no good....

Hey, Vince Lombardi, how did you become such an expert on who is and who isn't ready to play?! Explain that to me, please.