overton V.S. Hillsboro

Footballfan15

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Overtons wins this one 28-10. Overton's offense looks much improved. Scoring twice in a jamboree against Whites Creek is impressive. Plus they could have scored a third time but they let the clock run out with the ball on the three yard line. Overtons defense is always one of the best. Hillsboro's offense will take time to develop. Going from the wing to spread is going to be a learning process. Overton has great coaching and Hillsboro's head coach seems a little arrogant. Ron was a bit arrogant as well be he could back it up. Blade has earned the right to be cocky just yet. I see him making some risky calls in his first game. Against a sub par defense he would probably look pretty smart, but against Overton I think he will just look too big for his britches.

Coach Blade has the team filled with energy and those boys understand football like they never did before. After being let down by the former coaches they won't let anyone get between them and the state championship...all because of Blade.

How were they let down by the coaches. None of the coaches left were even considered by the principal. If anyone let them down it was him.

I see it a couple of ways. One if the other coaches did apply for the job and someone else got it, especially someone from out of state, I think it would be hard to stay. Would you want to stay if you got turned down for a person who is in your opinion a lesser guy? I wouldnt support a coach if I felt that he wouldnt be able to help the kids. On the other hand if the guy coming in is a stand up guy and knows his football then its time to put your pride behind you and stay for the kids. I have a feeling the coaches left because they felt like they werent getting any support. When the time came for the principal to show that he/she actually did support the coaches what did he/she do? Go out and get someone from California. I hope Blade does well. Metro can always use good coaches. Its good for competition.

It sounds like they probably arent HC material-when they up and quit it showed who they are. Since they aren't around anymore to influence the team all sorts of things have come out about the way they dealt with the team and that along with more kids playing, the teams attitudes, and playing of the team have convinced most everyone that the old staff was doing more for themselves than the program and them leaving-- Coach A and the rest was a win in itself. All yall that think the old Hillsboro was good need to pay attention because things are gettin better.