huntingdon and camden

blue50

If you want to talk linebackers then Tavis Hogsett needs to be in there. I saw both Willis and Brooks several times in high school. For my money I`d take Hogsett. He just plays at an intensity level rarely seen in high school and he plays all over the field. I haven`t seen Donald play, but no doubt he is good. But it would be hard to convince me he was better than Hogsett. I hope to get to see Donald play this year. I love watching good players. If you haven`t seen Hogsett play you are missing out on an opportunity to see one of the best. West TN has been blessed with some good ones from Earnest Feids, Tyrone Hines, Al Wilson, Brooks, Willis, and now Donald and Hogsett.

I still can figure out how Hogsett is not getting a lot of pub. He deserves a good offer, JCM is basically LB high and its unusual for a LB from there not to get the hype.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone is giving Moose all the credit which is well deserved, but don't forget about Garret Golden who I may be mistaken but i believe he blocked the punt, and he also made two huge deflections against donald on third and fourth down on the mustangs final drive. And by the way I don't believe Donald is the NFL prospect everyone believes he is, he's a big hitter when he gets to the ball but he's not there every play, If anyone saw Patrick willis in high school you can tell a world of difference in the two, patrick was in on every single play, and that was with virtually no other help on defense.

It's not Donalds or Crockers fault at all....there was nothing either one of them could do...i did not see any blocking all night...there has to be some changes made on tha o-line....Huntingdon's defense did great....they never gave up a touchdown....but serious changes need to be made on the offensive line

I have never put anything on here before but reading some of the entries on here i fell compelled to. looks like a bunch of so called huntingdon fans think it is constructive to get on here and bash the players. huntingdon will work things out like they always do but these negative entries about the kids aint gonna help. anyone ever heard of ENCOURAGEMENT. most if not all people on here know nothing about coaching, they dont see the kids every day at practice. i suggest that if you want to run the kids down, spend all year in the weight room, sign up for 2 a days in 100 degree weather, feel the pressure on friday nights after reading some of this b---s--- on here , coach for about 20+ years. but with the mentality i see on some of these posts, alot of the people on here wouldnt have near the character these kids have and couldnt do it. just my opinion. htown5 out. GO MUSTANGS, WE LOVE YOU AND HAVE ALL THE CONFIDENCE IN THE WORLD IN YOU :thumb:

I have never put anything on here before but reading some of the entries on here i fell compelled to. looks like a bunch of so called huntingdon fans think it is constructive to get on here and bash the players. huntingdon will work things out like they always do but these negative entries about the kids aint gonna help. anyone ever heard of ENCOURAGEMENT. most if not all people on here know nothing about coaching, they dont see the kids every day at practice. i suggest that if you want to run the kids down, spend all year in the weight room, sign up for 2 a days in 100 degree weather, feel the pressure on friday nights after reading some of this b---s--- on here , coach for about 20+ years. but with the mentality i see on some of these posts, alot of the people on here wouldnt have near the character these kids have and couldnt do it. just my opinion. htown5 out. GO MUSTANGS, WE LOVE YOU AND HAVE ALL THE CONFIDENCE IN THE WORLD IN YOU :thumb:

Right on!

Donald is the real deal. I seem to remember a LB that wasn't in every play as a senior because of various blocking schemes, but he looked pretty good in the pro bowl last year.

I don't doubt that Donald is getting alot of attention from the opposing offense, and i'm not saying its out of the question that he'll be a big time prospect, but what i am saying is that I saw willis play with nowhere near the talent Donald has around him, recieving double and triple teams every play, and still was in on every play, Like I said before Donald is a good high school player, but nowhere near comparable to willis.

And maybe someone misunderstood, but in no way did i blame Donald for the loss, but i give all the credit to the Camden Defense and special teams.