Gallatin(0-0) @ Lebanon(0-0)

Gtowner

Gtowner, I second that. I don't think it matters how good the kicker is, unless he can put it in the endzone EVERY time. But, they will still likely have to punt a couple times. That could be interesting. With this being the first game of the season, there are alot of question marks so I'm not going to make a score prediction yet. However, if one were to go by what's on paper, they would have to say Gallatin wins this one something like 38-7. Lebanon will be hard pressed to score at all in this one. What a defense..... Go Green Wave.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are some meaningless facts

Gallatin leads the series since 1930 having played 66 times which is more than any other team in Gallatin's history.

Gallatin owns a 42-19-5 record against the Blue Devils

Carlos Gaines returns for Lebanon having rushed for 1165 yards last year

Daley Sallis returns to direct the offense with over 700 yards passing

On the line are returners Tyler Walker 6-2 310lbs, John Mathis 5-11 245lbs, Dustin Allen 5-11 240lbs, and Travis White 5-8 285lbs.

Lebanon has a huge line and some experienced backs so they should provide a tough game. Especially after going 2-8 last year I bet they have something to prove.

Gtowner, the kicker returns as well as the punter. How well they kick I don't remember. But if it ain't in the endzone then it is trouble.

Where are the Lebanon faithful at? They all at the fair or what?

Hmm... I say

Gallatin 28

Lebanon 13

The Blue Devils are a year or two away from being very good. I expect something like 3-7 or 4-6 for them in year two of rebuilding mode. Gallatin is always tough.

Good luck Lebanon.

There we go....I knew there was a Blue Devil lurking out there!

Looking forward to going to Lebanon this Friday and getting this thing started. Always enjoy playing Lebanon. They have good fan support and usually are a quality team. Gallatin will be the first team to play at Nokes/Lassiter field since the tornado gave it a facelift.

One sad note is the, and I forget his name, former radio announcer for the Blue Devils passed away earlier this year. I always enjoyed listening to him after WHIN 1010 went off of football talk on Friday nights. I hope that 98 will keep the scoreboard show up and running.