Brentwood, LaVergne, Siegel Faceoff

PHargis

I have talked to Josh Beasley and Steve Heath at the DNJ and they will be there for sure. I have to return a call today to Jeff Lockridge at the Tennessean today and I will ask them to come as well. Hopefully, with some prodding from coaches and fans alike, we can get some press for our sport. The more positive press we get, more our sport grows.

Really good. The Tennessean has gotten some calls from others also and i am sure Siegel is contacting DNJ also. Those two newspapers do a great job of coverage for Siegel it appears.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really good. The Tennessean has gotten some calls from others also and i am sure Siegel is contacting DNJ also. Those two newspapers do a great job of coverage for Siegel it appears.

I can't remember a better match-up this early in the season. Siegel had better bring their A game. If they play like they did yesterday, it could get ugly early for the Stars. Good luck to the girls of Brentwood, LaVergne and Siegel!!

What were the scores of the matches?

Driving into the campus of Siegel High School at 3:15 in the afternoon, the thought came in my mind Why would an athletic event such as this be scheduled this early especially one that could have the attraction to the Mid-State and Fans have really not even gotten off from work and students are just now getting out of school. Six hours later I reconsidered my question as the matches between Brentwood High School, Lavergne High School and Siegel had just finished. It probably was a night that had as much drama as could be had in a Volleyball matchup. Anticipation was added by Mid State Newspapers and Photographer being there to chronical the meeting of heavyweights in Mid State play. Yes, it was best of 5 and two matches went the limit. There were calls that were questioned and were heatedly discussed with one of the heads of Volleyball Officials of Tennessee. The Siegel Nation was twice warned for making excessive noise at a match. Coaches were extremely active in all three matches and players were having discussions with the umpire on calls of disagreement. it was a great night for Tennessee Volleyball and especially District 7, 9, and 11 which these three teams represented.

Oh yes, the scores. I don't have with me the last match but they went something like this. Siegel won a hard fought match in 5 games against laVergne 17-25, 17-25, 25-19, 25-23, 15-13. Lavergne Lost to Brentwood 25-16, 25-16, 25-10 and the scores were not indicitive of the match. Siegel then lost in 5 the last game being 15-9. Pageman will have the game scores and the stats of all three matches but not sure what time tonite or tomorrow.

There was a good crowd but it should have been one that filled the Siegel arena. The games should have been filmed but I'm not sure they were. Catherine Hall made a believer out of a lot of people and the Brentwood team of kangeroos made everybody realize why they again are one of the top teams if not the top team in Tennessee. Lavergne was disappointed at their showing but they are one of the top teams in the State. Siegel, after having been beaten by both of these teams in playdays before the season twice, showed a lot of character to come back against Lavergne and to hang with Brentwood the whole match. Siegel's inconsistancies were manageable in this match. There were some players that played up to their potential on this night as well as the team. A very stingy defense was a hallmark of their play along with some steady play..Pageman will post the stats. They will tell the story. This has been a great night for these great teams and its also been a great night for Volleyball here in Middle Tennessee and it would appear to me in the State of Tennessee.

The scores of all three matches are posted in the sub-forum "Game Info and Results" I am just starting to eat supper now, but will post details of each match separately in that sub-forum later tonight into tomorrow morning probably. It will take a little time to look at each point for 13 games. Sorry for the delay

The scores of all three matches are posted in the sub-forum "Game Info and Results" I am just starting to eat supper now, but will post details of each match separately in that sub-forum later tonight into tomorrow morning probably. It will take a little time to look at each point for 13 games. Sorry for the delay

While the Pageman is tabbing up the results, those of you who may work with VB stats realize the grueling task it is to bring the info together especially for 3 teams with extended matches and games that had the excitement and drama associated with them. It made one ooh and ahh at times with the extended points and play at many times of these three teams. You would not expect anything different when you consider these three coaches haven't gotten where they are just by chance. It was obvious the work they have done and is only an extension of the work great coaches are doing thruout the State. The high level of competitiveness of the teams were an extension of these coaches. The Schools and the Districts they are in can be proud of their performance. Now after this match, today is another day when I believe all three play again tonite. While I am unsure of the Brentwood Schedule, Lavergne travels to Page for a very tough match against another top team and Siegel stays in the Boro with a match against a very fine team from Riverdale. There are no easy teams in District 7 for on a given night most anyone is capable of knocking off any other team. Coaches Campbell of Brentwood Hign, Coach Davis of Lavergne and Coach Paulk/ Slaughter of Siegel now go to the next venue trying to keep these fine teams playing at this high level.

I just couldn't stay up last night, PHargis, so I will start my point analysis this morning with the Siegel/Brentwood match. Please check the "Game Info and Results" sub-forum as I will enter each game of this match as I complete them. I will edit in each game under the topic title "Brentwood 3, Siegel 2".

I have finally completed the point analysis for this match as shown in the "Game Info and Results" sub-forum. Don't expect this for every match as it really takes too long to do. I'll try to get the Siegel/LaVergne and Brentwood/LaVergne matches up sometime today, but don't hold your breath.

Well PH, I ALMOST got it right with a 5 game match. siegel is Going to have a great year!

Brat, from your perch up there in ET, I acknowledge you are the all knowing, allseeing but some of us closer to the situation that we can't see the forest for the trees were surprised. One who I think was not surprised was Coach Slaughter and the players as they seemed to know it all of time, in fact, they thought they had a chance to win the other match. Now this is over with, the heavy lifting begins.

Announcements