Greenbrier vs. Lipscomb

GreenbrierCat2

Fan Base wise I'd say Greenbrier is a much tougher place to play a game. If you are talking about fearing other things, which I will not elaborate on, then I'd go with Orange Mound.

:o Why do they call it 'Orange Mound?' Sounds kind of like Nashville's 'Dodge City.' :thumb:

;):o I was wondering how to reply to that one but you nailed it.......... ;)

The Cats have visited a couple of places in Jackson and Memphis that would fall into that category.

Yeah, what HE said...again!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:):) I was wondering how to reply to that one but you nailed it.......... :)

The Cats have visited a couple of places in Jackson and Memphis that would fall into that category.

I remember last year when Greenbrier had to go on the road and play Pearl Cohn and there were a lot of people who were worried about the fans. I told many that PC was actually a good place to go watch a high school football game. Sure there have been instances in the past there BUT which high school hasn't had something stupid happen in the parking lot after a game over the course of the last five years. I will say right now that the team Greenbrier played in the semis two years ago as well as the time White House went to Melrose in the semifinals were difficult places to play for both of those schools because of the elements surrounding the game.

Congrats to David Lipscomb. Your team definitely handed us our hats tonight. We just couldn't get anything going. I can honestly say that in all my years of being in Greenbrier, I've never seen us play like that. Your team was good and if you keep playing like that, you are on your way back to the playoffs again.

To the Cats, we can only hope it gets better from here. 0-2 is not impossible to turn around (I reflect on White House's start last year), but the combinations and schemes really need some work. Maybe even a little mixup in positions would help.

Okay guys, the losses needs to stop here if we plan to make a run this year. The non-region games are good experience, but the real deal is about to begin.

Go Green!

Congrats to David Lipscomb. Your team definitely handed us our hats tonight. We just couldn't get anything going. I can honestly say that in all my years of being in Greenbrier, I've never seen us play like that. Your team was good and if you keep playing like that, you are on your way back to the playoffs again.

To the Cats, we can only hope it gets better from here. 0-2 is not impossible to turn around (I reflect on White House's start last year), but the combinations and schemes really need some work. Maybe even a little mixup in positions would help.

Okay guys, the losses needs to stop here if we plan to make a run this year. The non-region games are good experience, but the real deal is about to begin.

Go Green!

-in my opinion tonight's game was no different than the Cheatham County game last year...I was trying to figure out who was wearing those green & white uniforms, it wasn't the same ones from last week, couldn't be...That is the same feeling I had after that game last year...The score was bad but it happens! Hope you are OK Justin :thumb: ! I liked those hits that were coming from Kyle & Jamie! Go Greenbrier!

-in my opinion tonight's game was no different than the Cheatham County game last year...I was trying to figure out who was wearing those green & white uniforms, it wasn't the same ones from last week, couldn't be...That is the same feeling I had after that game last year...The score was bad but it happens! Hope you are OK Justin :thumb: ! I liked those hits that were coming from Kyle & Jamie! Go Greenbrier!

actually srrange that you say that. The Cheatham County game came to mind on the way home tonight. I feel like it was a bad movie someone made me watch over again.

I saw Justin limping and wondered what happened...Ty gave the game a breath of fresh air and moved the ball in the 3rd, even with that thudding hit he took. Do ou know if Jody hurt his arm? He was holding his elbow.

Edited by GreenbrierCat2

Great bounceback win by the Mustangs tonight. It doesn't get any easier for Lipscomb next week with a trip to Page on the horizon. The Patriots won at White House tonight and probably have Region 5-3A's top quarterback in Blake Neel.

Greenbrier is 0-2 BUT PJPII and Lipscomb are two of the midstate's best. I'm sure the Bobcats will bounce back next week when they open region play with DeKalb Co.

Regarding last year's Greenbrier-Cheatham game:

If you Greenbrier fans remember correctly that loss was the wakeup call that helped the Bobcats out last year. Those following three weeks Greenbrier shutout Station Camp, Sycamore, and Pearl-Cohn. A region game followed by a home game with Marshall Co. for Greenbrier could make the Cats 2-2 overall (1-0 in region play) heading into the bye come week four.

Great bounceback win by the Mustangs tonight. It doesn't get any easier for Lipscomb next week with a trip to Page on the horizon. The Patriots won at White House tonight and probably have Region 5-3A's top quarterback in Blake Neel.

Greenbrier is 0-2 BUT PJPII and Lipscomb are two of the midstate's best. I'm sure the Bobcats will bounce back next week when they open region play with DeKalb Co.

Regarding last year's Greenbrier-Cheatham game:

If you Greenbrier fans remember correctly that loss was the wakeup call that helped the Bobcats out last year. Those following three weeks Greenbrier shutout Station Camp, Sycamore, and Pearl-Cohn. A region game followed by a home game with Marshall Co. for Greenbrier could make the Cats 2-2 overall (1-0 in region play) heading into the bye come week four.

Something like that was said after the game. These current sophomore and up players have not known a region loss in their high school years at all. Tonight they found out they'll have to work as hard as the Cats that have gone before them to take control of the game, because winning the region might be a legacy, but it is not a proverbial "birthright".

Edited by GreenbrierCat2

Something like that was said after the game. These current sophomore and up players have not known a region loss in their high school years at all. Tonight they found out they'll have to work as hard as the Cats that have gone before them to take control of the game, cause winning the region might be a legacy, but not an inheritance.

Good Luck to you guys. Can't wait to come to Bobcat Field in week five :thumb: