Open-Zoned Schools

dsl

Could someone explain to my why the open-zone school do not have to deal with the same 1.8 multiplier the DI privates do? Both open-zoned and private schools can recruit (even if they shouldn't, it COULD happen) and can accept students from just about anywhere. Additionally, neither types of schools can provide scholarships or financial aid to their players (remember, we're talking about DI, not DII). If anything, open-zone schools have an advantage over DI privates, since their students do not have to pay tuition! So can someone explain to me why they aren't assessed the same penalty?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could someone explain to my why the open-zone school do not have to deal with the same 1.8 multiplier the DI privates do? Both open-zoned and private schools can recruit (even if they shouldn't, it COULD happen) and can accept students from just about anywhere. Additionally, neither types of schools can provide scholarships or financial aid to their players (remember, we're talking about DI, not DII). If anything, open-zone schools have an advantage over DI privates, since their students do not have to pay tuition! So can someone explain to me why they aren't assessed the same penalty?

I actually have wondered that thing since the multiplier came into affect. Also, while the students in those open zoned schools do not have to pay "tuition", I believe they do have to pay a "fee" in order to attend there. Correct me, if I am wrong.

I actually have wondered that thing since the multiplier came into affect. Also, while the students in those open zoned schools do not have to pay "tuition", I believe they do have to pay a "fee" in order to attend there. Correct me, if I am wrong.

I asked this over and over during the "lynch the privates" frenzy of the last couple of years that led up to the multiplier. It seems that the major "we hate the small privates" posters never really answered...

And I'm not sure but I believe the Chattanooga magnets are no fee. But I don't attend or teach at one so I can't guarrantee it.

And I'm not sure but I believe the Chattanooga magnets are no fee. But I don't attend or teach at one so I can't guarrantee it.

The thing is, that Maryville and some others near Knoxville are not "magnets", so doesn't that put them in a different "category" of open zoned schools?

Magnets and open zoned schools within the same school district are free - like Hillsboro. The open zoned schools that require a fee are those that bring kids in from other "districts". For example, Maryville and Alcoa both have special city school districts. They allow kids from the Blount County school district and others to attend by paying the tuition fees.

It is not a penalty, they like to refer to it as an equalizer. :blink:

"open zone" schools might win so many games for the same reason that schools with telephones win so many games... it is an all-inclusive set.

who are the public schools that are NOT open zone?

are there any public schools with absolutely no students that would qualify as out of zone?

it all made so much sense until i started trying to think of schools that dont have any allowance for out of zone students... and could not think of even one.

maybe they exist, but who are they?

That's literally the worst analogy ever. Are you retarded or something? Open-zoned school allow anyone in. All you have to do is apply. Normal public schools require you to provide a reason for going to a school, other than the one your are zoned for, such as divorce (one of your parentals lives in a different zone) or other such circumstances. It is not by any means common for this to occur. Comprehend yet? Now shoo, take your idiocy elsewhere.

dsl...Laz is far from retarded. Please tone it down and just discuss your opinion. Calling people names does not enhance your thoughts.

VG

Edited by VolunteerGeneral