Crockett vs Obion

cavfan67

Should be a tough battle for both squads. Don't assume that Crockett County is all about athletes who can run, however. The offensive line averages well over 260 lbs. The defensive line is big, quick, and a number of players rotate in both tackle and end positions. I didn't keep exact count Friday night, but I would guestimate that 9-10 players saw a significant number of snaps on the D-line.

Also, remember that the Cavaliers had zero first downs (or maybe it was one) if I remember corectly in the first half against Milan. The guys played a very good game, but it was by no means a case of Milan having an off night and Crockett County clicking on all cylinders. Milan certainly did not play their best, but the Cavaliers were capable of playing better. gave up too many easy yards, but a nice iverall effort. :thumb:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The way that Crockett Beat up on Milan Im scared for Obion Centrel. uhhhhhh very scared for Obion. I thought that it was a misprint when i saw the score of the Crockett and milan game but it was right. And if i was a obion centrel player i might get sick on friday and my excuse will be i've got "cav disease".

When you are a football player,and I mean a football player,you don't get intimidated by anyone....These players are 16-18 year old kids,not 25-30 year old pro players....Believe me,Obion Central's players respect Crockett Co.'s players..They respect their program....They are not in awe of them..My bet is that Central's players won't be getting any kind of Cav disease...Funny post though...

oc will be a pushover cause crocketts lineman and defense is gonna run them over on the field and dominate them and tear them up like a pitbull on a poodle and trust me it won't be pretty when oc goes to there fieldhouse with a loss and crockett back on the bus with a win!!!

Pretty much betting this is not George Morin posting either. Looks like someone (or more than someone) has waaaaay too much time on their hands. Just today, I've seen three different "Crockett County" players and coaches trash talking on the forums, plus another last week. Having known all of the supposed posters, pretty sure they are all fakes. If not, I'm sorely disappointed in some folks.

Pretty much betting this is not George Morin posting either. Looks like someone (or more than someone) has waaaaay too much time on their hands. Just today, I've seen three different "Crockett County" players and coaches trash talking on the forums, plus another last week. Having known all of the supposed posters, pretty sure they are all fakes. If not, I'm sorely disappointed in some folks.

crockettfan you are very wise.. do you think that the trash talking could be insperation to a team who everyone thinks will get beat badl.. obion has alot of returning players and this team beat covington last season and gave dyersburg all they wonted.... could these crockett players be throwing gas on a flame with all the trash talking. there screene names tell who they are as well i cant believe their coach aproves

crockettfan you are very wise.. do you think that the trash talking could be insperation to a team who everyone thinks will get beat badl.. obion has alot of returning players and this team beat covington last season and gave dyersburg all they wonted.... could these crockett players be throwing gas on a flame with all the trash talking. there screene names tell who they are as well i cant believe their coach aproves

huh?

Like Crockettfan said... it ain't them. I highly doubt that papratt has been posting. Someone is trying to stir things up and your taking the bait.

Sorry our players don't get intimidated that easily. And if you are a player and are intimidated that easily, you might want to find a different sport. The Rebels won't lay down! :D

I'm not a player and i dont get intimidated that easily. But what yall are going to have to watchout for is an intimidating Cav. squad that just beat a very good milan squad and just not beat but manhanded in the second quarter on. So i prodict that the game will be interesting the first quarter but the offence will get tired of the speed of the cav defence. So the score will be 35 to 14 cavs.

With nine starters back on offense and eight on defense, this might not be the year but it has the look of a great one!

:unsure: Yall might be beter than last year. i seen yall and the biggest problem is the second half collaps. I dont think that yall can hang with the best team in the state in 3a. If i were yall i just hope to make the playoffs. That will be major improvement than resent past.

Edited by lakecountyfan007

:lol: Yall might be beter than last year. i seen yall and the biggest problem is the second half collaps. I dont think that yall can hang with the best team in the state in 3a. If i were yall i just hope to make the playoffs. That will be major improvement than resent past.

If I were you I would worrey about 1A football and not us big boys in 3A. We can handle ourselves just fine against any 3A team in the state.

First off...Congrats to the Crockett County players,fans,the whole bunch...You guys have a really good team...That was about as good a first half of football as I have seen....Not the best,because I watched Maryville-Tennessee High in a playoff game a couple years ago where Maryville dominated to the tune of 42-0 in the first half of a 49-0 win.....Good Luck the rest of the year.....

My view of the game goes like this....The Rebels opened the game in a no huddle offense...I think that was a mistake...OC's strength is in the line..Their strength is in ball control...They have to control the clock because they are prone to give up big plays to a fast, athletic team....Three and outs and running no time off the clock played into Crockett's hands....I know coaches spend a great deal of time breaking game film down and trying to scheme and game plan,but sometimes coaches out think themselves...Next you can't give the ball to a team the caliber of Crockett Co....The Rebels did that again this year,twice in the first half and was down 21-0 in the first quarter on their way to a 35-0 deficit going into the half....The Rebels inability to stop Crockett Co on third down was huge on the Cavs first drive of the night....

The Rebels controlled the clock in the second half and did so by running their offense..Crockett's only score of the second half came off another Rebel turnover..I know some will try to say Crockett had the game in hand and didn't try in the second half,but there were still alot of starters in for both teams on into the fourth quarter...

There were some injuries in the game..For Crockett,and I'm not going to speculate on the name of the player because I didn't see the young man go down,but I heard from a fan in the stands that he had a pretty bad leg injury....Justin Ogden for OC has a collar bone or shoulder injury....Then there were some leg cramps.....

Again congrats to the Cavs you guys are good...real good....and big...and fast....and big...oh wait I said that already....

Final was CC-42 OC-7