Jackson Sun Kickoff 2006

JoshuaParrott

The Jackson Sun's Kickoff 2006 preseason football guide was included with Friday's newspaper.

It includes a cover story titled "Cream of the Crop" focusing on Huntingdon's Chris Donald, Haywood's Alex Watkins and JCM's Tavis Hogsett. The guide includes information on all 51 West Tennessee teams, a breakdown of each area region (including preseason coaches poll, top 10 players to watch, games of the week, school contact numbers) and a look at every area team with last year's results, this year's schedule, returning starters, key players, big shoes to fill, what to expect and by the numbers.

You'll find the area individual records for active coaches, preseason team rankings, a week-by-week schedule, two preseason all-area teams with superlative awards, last year's all-area teams, last year's results and a list of the all-time state champions and past Mr. Football winners.

If you missed picking one up today or need extra copies, call (731) 427-3333.

Thanks again to all area coaches and players for helping us complete this huge project.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Josh...I think your paper does a decent job during football season, but your baseball coverage...no wait, what baseball coverage. It`s simply hard to believe how bad your baseball coverage is. I mean it is virtually non-existent. What is it exactly that y`all do during the spring? Because y`all sure aren`t out working and covering baseball. Sitting at your desk and waiting for scores to be called in is not what they teach in journalism school. :thumb:

I'm just not believing that there was only a 20 word blog about the Camden / Huntingdon game....un-freakin-believable. But then again I guess it would mess up all the Donald articles to follow...not that Donald is not a great player but it might tarnish his image if the Sun were to say that he was shut-down by a team that was not supposed to beat the Mustangs. Donald deserves everything that is said about him, but what about the rest of the young men out there busting their collective butts trying to get noticed so they can get scholarship offers also? And the Sun wonders why they don't have a bigger subscription base in the Benton Co area. :thumb:

Edited by Lions4ever

I'm just not believing that there was only a 20 word blog about the Camden / Huntingdon game....un-freakin-believable. But then again I guess it would mess up all the Donald articles to follow...not that Donald is not a great player but it might tarnish his image if the Sun were to say that he was shut-down by a team that was not supposed to beat the Mustangs. Donald deserves everything that is said about him, but what about the rest of the young men out there busting their collective butts trying to get noticed so they can get scholarship offers also? And the Sun wonders why they don't have a bigger subscription base in the Benton Co area. :thumb:

Do you know Donald`s stats for the game?

Volunteer[/url]General' post='826112458' date='Aug 27 2006 - 08:55 AM']

Josh...I think your paper does a decent job during football season, but your baseball coverage...no wait, what baseball coverage. It`s simply hard to believe how bad your baseball coverage is. I mean it is virtually non-existent. What is it exactly that y`all do during the spring? Because y`all sure aren`t out working and covering baseball. Sitting at your desk and waiting for scores to be called in is not what they teach in journalism school. :lol:

In their defense...baseball is not the only spring sport, there is softball, soccer, and track that have to be covered also. Where as in the fall there is footall which gets the great majority of coverage. But, you also have to realize that volleyball and girls soccers are going on right now, too, and those sports want coverage and get really very little because football is so big. Personally, I would like to think the reason baseball gets so little coverage is that Josh needs some r & r after covering NS Lady Indian basketball...its quite a ride. :o

Volunteer[/url'>General' post='826112458' date='Aug 27 2006 - 07:55 AM']

Josh...I think your paper does a decent job during football season, but your baseball coverage...no wait, what baseball coverage. It`s simply hard to believe how bad your baseball coverage is. I mean it is virtually non-existent. What is it exactly that y`all do during the spring? Because y`all sure aren`t out working and covering baseball. Sitting at your desk and waiting for scores to be called in is not what they teach in journalism school. :blink:

Volunteer General,

I'd be more than happy to discuss with you what I learned in journalism school and do on a daily basis, but I'd rather not do it in a message board. Too impersonal. Feel free to give me a call at 425-9634 Monday afternoon and I'd be happy to talk with you for a few minutes.

Thanks,

JP

J. Parrott does a much better job of covering all the teams than Pepps did. I saw Parrott more times at the JCM practice feild lst year than i saw Peppas in my first three years of football. Parrott is alot more freindly too. The first time i talked to him at the begining of last years season we talked for a good 25 minutes. Plus he interveiwed me like four times after gams and even had an article about me in a way. Well the article was mostly about the fact that Rothrock stadium needed to be renivated. But he and the rest of the Jackson Sun staff do a good job for the most part.

P.S. JP please keep good articles about JCM comming. It is one of my few sources now that I am in school up here in Knoxville.

Volunteer General,

I'd be more than happy to discuss with you what I learned in journalism school and do on a daily basis, but I'd rather not do it in a message board. Too impersonal. Feel free to give me a call at 425-9634 Monday afternoon and I'd be happy to talk with you for a few minutes.

Thanks,

JP

JP..I will give you a call. I can`t today, but will sometime soon. We can discuss it all. I think my post was pretty correct so I don`t think I have posted any misinformation. I look forward to it. BTW..we have met before. I will reintroduce myself to you when I call.

VG