Jackson Sun Kickoff 2006

JoshuaParrott

VG,

I disagree and agree,The Sun's coverage of baseball is pretty bad,but you must remember JP is a Preps Writer,its not his job,also the things I have noticed is that the Sun's sports page has lost some good writers as of late,Peppas did a good job and so did Booher,I can't get into Morris,because I could compliment him all day.One complaint is the poor Diamond Jaxx coverage,I hate to stray from football,but do you care?I mean I realize people aren't coming out,but something you could do to help would be put more than a small paragraph,even for a home game,but I guess that goes back to the lack of sports writers.One more JP,I'm not from Gibson Co.,actually I'm an Adamsville fan,and nice job on the Coach Gray article,but look into Antone Cunningham and not just him,some more under radar players.I like to keep up with Donald and the rest of the "Cream of the crop" but tell us about our hidden talents.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys have to realize that The Jackson Sun is the only coverage the Jackson teams get. And that there are seven high schools in town that all split coverage with one local paper. All of these small towns that complain about Sun coverage already have their own local paper. I'm from Jackson, and when I open up the Sun I don't want to read about Obion Co., Camden, Lake Co., etc., etc. just like the majority of other people in Jackson. If I want to know about those teams I'll get on coacht. That being said, I think the Sun does a great job during football and basketball season. As a USJ fan, I would love to see more baseball coverage, but I also realize that isn't a "money" sport.

By the way, that article about Hardegree this morning was great and quite a change from traditional coverage. It's worth noting that all USJ starting QB's have had the same extra film and practice schedule as Hardegree does now. Hardegree is a great kid and a super hard worker, and it's good to see some good things coming his way.

You guys have to realize that The Jackson Sun is the only coverage the Jackson teams get. And that there are seven high schools in town that all split coverage with one local paper. All of these small towns that complain about Sun coverage already have their own local paper. I'm from Jackson, and when I open up the Sun I don't want to read about Obion Co., Camden, Lake Co., etc., etc. just like the majority of other people in Jackson. If I want to know about those teams I'll get on coacht.

You may not want to read about the surrounding counties, but I'm sure that all the people in the surrounding counties that have subscriptions and buy a paper everyday do. The money that we pay to get The Sun helps pay for the coverage. So, we should be included too. Do you actually think the paper would be able to give you the coverage it has been in any area without our support?