Dobyns-Bennett vs Knox Bearden

ArtVandalay

I think Bearden is much improved. Coach Wilson is a very good coach and motivator. Beating Knoxville West is saying a lot more than beating Sullivan South. They were way overrated. Having said all that, I think DB will win a game that is much closer than people would think. My guess is DB by 7. Good luck to both teams.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Bearden is much improved. Coach Wilson is a very good coach and motivator. Beating Knoxville West is saying a lot more than beating Sullivan South. They were way overrated. Having said all that, I think DB will win a game that is much closer than people would think. My guess is DB by 7. Good luck to both teams.

Yeah... Knox West goes 4-6 last season...in 4A and no Playoffs. Sullivan South is in the Qtr. Finals of 4A in '05, and returns a Pre-Season All-State QB. Sounds like the Bearden squeaker was a much bigger win.

The Indians are ready for a Knoxville Road Trip...and to play 5A Opponents.

Good To Great

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

Thanks Rigger...

The DB vs Sullivan South game had the largest crowd I have ever seen in Kingsport.. I am guessing 13,000-14,000. The Baseball Stadium was almost full!

Who are the players for this 2-0 Bearden Team?

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

I've read some good things on their QB and traditionally they have always had great punters. With Great soccer players in the school their kicking game should be good. I wouldn't think they are as deep as DB.

They are not a traditional football power house but from what I have seen over the last 5 years their kids play with heart.

They would love to be 3-0 going into the Farragut game. Bearden getting beat up trying to beat DB may be to Farragut's advantage since they have an easier game next week.

I will be pulling for the underdog but my head say's the Tribe. To much tradition and weapons for the dogs to over come.

I see DB going on to 3-0 after this game. Anyone can say that South was overrated but if you watched them pound Happy Valley two friday's ago, they arent that bad....anyway back on the subject DB LOVES going to knoxville and winning it's a great feeling to go into someone elses house after all the talk and "This year is our year" I see DB winning this one 42-10...:thumb: Roll that beautiful bean footage

Real quick additional post...the only way Bearden has a pray is on the ground and not just on the ground it would be a waste of time to go to the sidelines....right up the gut. DB has some heavy hitters on the roster but coach Clark insist on putting in the small quick guys even at the D-lineman position I still got DB over Bearden big but the game will be a bit more exciting if Bearden can a establish a good strong run game first

Edited by Contender

Real quick additional post...the only way Bearden has a pray is on the ground and not just on the ground it would be a waste of time to go to the sidelines....right up the gut. DB has some heavy hitters on the roster but coach Clark insist on putting in the small quick guys even at the D-lineman position I still got DB over Bearden big but the game will be a bit more exciting if Bearden can a establish a good strong run game first

Contender there's always a chance,

Did U even play HS Football? :o

DB is on the road against a young and hungry team with a new coach and a new pride in their program.

I been in the situation of Beardens team. New Coach, new pride! :o

When I played every team was going to kill us because we had only won 1 game in ten years. Everyone had us scheduled for home coming. The little team I was on beat every team we faced at their homecoming's.

That's why they suite up on Friday nights! For that chance to shine :lol:

Edited by rigger101

You guys are crazy. D-B big? I dont think so. Bearden played with DB for 3 quarters last year and anybody at the game will tell you Bearden had them on the ropes, we just couldnt get it in the endzone. This year's team is different. They are alot like DB. Good QB, big-play capability and speed on both sides of the ball.

One the ropes? I was at the game, and I never thought that Bearden had DB 'on the ropes.' :thumb: As a matter of fact, I was surprised at how easily DB took care of Bearden last year. Remember, DB was 'down' a bit last year.

At any rate, I expect a tough, fire-up Bearden team this year. I look for a close game.

Rigger101,

Are you former SF or 101 Abn? My wife's great uncle was 101st. He was killed at Carentan by German arty.

ROLL TRIBE ROLL

Edited by rolltriberoll

One the ropes? I was at the game, and I never thought that Bearden had DB 'on the ropes.' :thumb: As a matter of fact, I was surprised at how easily DB took care of Bearden last year. Remember, DB was 'down' a bit last year.

At any rate, I expect a tough, fire-up Bearden team this year. I look for a close game.

Rigger101,

Are you former SF or 101 Abn? My wife's great uncle was 101st. He was killed at Carentan by German arty.

ROLL TRIBE ROLL

Yep, I was lucky enough to serve with 101st during DSI 327th INF and 5th SF during Somila and a few other adventures. Great units.

Band of Brothers is my fav series to watch. Lot's of good men died at Carateen. I'm 3rd generation to have the honor to serve with the 101st.

Keep the young men serving now in all of our prayers!praying%20hands.jpg

Yeah... Knox West goes 4-6 last season...in 4A and no Playoffs. Sullivan South is in the Qtr. Finals of 4A in '05, and returns a Pre-Season All-State QB. Sounds like the Bearden squeaker was a much bigger win.

The Indians are ready for a Knoxville Road Trip...and to play 5A Opponents.

Good To Great

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

3 of those losses were to Maryville, Central and Powell. They play in a killer region. West is a good team and is well-coached.

Rigger101,

ROLL TRIBE ROLL

So when we pulled the game to 10-7 DB in the 3rd quarter that wasnt on the ropes?