Austin East at Knox Catholic

SliderSport

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, AE is 0-2 and everyone is expecting them to lose every game. What has this world came too...

But guess what I'm going to stand behind AE and watch them upset these teams that you're saying will cake walk them..

And to last years game, the final score doesn't reflect how the game was played.. Catholic only scored 1 offensive TD and the others ones came from 2 defensive interceptions. So tell me how did HS have his break out game if he didn't do anything on offense?

So what A-E didn't score and was held to like 68 yards of total offense. Smith had over 100 yds rushing in that game and had 3 picks. Against a team that, at that time was predicted to win by 3 touchdowns. You yourself made the quote that Catholic will be introduced to real high school football or something like that. Magic Johnson once said it doesn't matter if you win by 100 or 1 it's still a win.

Edited by ScottA11

I think Dennis Rogan has something to say about that now.

I would be shocked if AE did not come out and play with a chip on their shoulder after losing to two of the better teams in the state to start out the year. Practice will be tougher this week after the big loss to Fulton and the staff and players know that starting 0-2 in the region would all but eliminate any hopes of hosting come playoff time. AE knows that if they can get to 1-1 in the region and hold a potential tiebreaker with Catholic that they could host in the playoffs and even possibly win the region title if Fulton gets tripped up along the way (Fulton-Catholic being the biggest game). Anderson will improve on last week's lackluster performance and put on a great show this upcoming Friday night.

You keep comparing Rogan to Smith. They both went to the Nike camp and UT camp, Smith had a faster 40 time, obviously a higher vertical, Smith set the camp record in the shuttle time and he was MVP of the Nike Camp. Rogan got 212 yds vs. A-E which is impressive, but on 28 carries. Smith has 272 yards this season on something like 16 carries. Imagine what he'd do if he played a whole game with 28 carries per game.

You keep comparing Rogan to Smith. They both went to the Nike camp and UT camp, Smith had a faster 40 time, obviously a higher vertical, Smith set the camp record in the shuttle time and he was MVP of the Nike Camp. Rogan got 212 yds vs. A-E which is impressive, but on 28 carries. Smith has 272 yards this season on something like 16 carries. Imagine what he'd do if he played a whole game with 28 carries per game.

That has to be the most ridiculous statement I have ever read on CoachT. Smith's stats last week came against Sequoyah who is quite possibly one of the worst team's in the entire state. Catholic won big against them (51-6) but that's what they were supposed to do. Rogan's numbers came against Austin East. AE is one of the best Class 3A teams in the state. Fulton beating them was just proof that they are the favorites in 3A. Catholic still has to do that this upcoming Friday night. If Smith rushes for nearly 280 yards on 28 carries (almost 10 yards per carry average) against AE & his team wins the game by 3TD's then like Rogan I'll give him major props and like Fulton I'll call Knoxville Catholic a favorite to win it all in 3A this year. Putting up big numbers and points against Sequoyah, who quite frankly is horrible, does not automatically make you the best player in the state. Do it against Fulton, Webb, Austin East, and Livingston Academy then I'll sing a different song on this subject :thumb: