Austin East at Knox Catholic

SliderSport

Catholic 30 (3-0, 1-0), A-E (0-3, 0-2) 19

A-E returned the opening kick-off to about the 30, and punched it in to go up 7-0.

Catholic answered with 10 points, making it 10-7 at the half.

After halftime, Catholic put up another 13 (2 TDs, 1/2 on PATs), to make their lead 23-7.

A-E came back with a TD, and went for 2 to try and make it a 2 point game, but didn't convert. 23-13. Catholic responded with a touchdown, making it 30-13. Late in the fourth quarter, A-E drove the ball in, using a hurry-up offense, to make it 30-19. For some reason I don't understand (Can someone explain this to me?) A-E went for two, instead of kicking the PAT. Once again they didn't convert.

A-E kicked the ball deep instead of doing an onside kick like I thought they would do. Catholic ran the clock out.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the game last night proved something to me and everyone that watched it. catholic has more than just harrison smith. the stars of the game last night were RB michael browder and FB brian hartmann. browder had some impressive runs and one very impressive punt return. hartmann rushed for over 100 yards and had 3 TDs. catholic's QB eric lindsey also added 47 yards and rushing and a rushing TD.

Smith Co. is good and will be a playoff team in 2A but they are far from being a great team that challenges for a state title. That was shown when White House destroyed them in a scrimmage. Since that time White House has been destroyed in a scrimmage by Hendersonville & lost their season opener to Page.

Smith Co. may wind up winning Region 4-2A, although my money would be on Westmoreland personally, but they don't get by or anywhere close to beating teams like Alcoa and Tyner in November.

12 carries for 140 yards is still impressive against a playoff team though OldCatFan I just wanted to make sure that we are on the same page about Smith Co. as a football team. They're good but not great :ph34r:

Yeah...those scrimmages are tough. Maybe WH is the "Scrimmage Team of the Fall". Like I've said time and time again...scrimmages mean absolutely nothing.

Harrison Smith got the bulk of those yards on 2 carries. He is explosive...and can fly. He will get a lot of yards against anyone.

We'll see what Westmoland has in a few weeks.

Your team couldn't beat Alcoa and Tyner either. Who is your team? Elm...Birch...Oak? I forget. :D

Edited by Antwan

the game last night proved something to me and everyone that watched it. catholic has more than just harrison smith.

i hate to say this but I agree with you. However to answer the gentleman question before your post. The fans were questioning those calls too. However that's why we're fans not coaches. But If they would've converted that 2 point conversion, that would've made the game an 8 point game so I understand where they were coming from... But My hat is off to the Irish they didn't give up when AE drove down and scored from the get go. AE will be ok, there's a lot of football left. But I told all of you that it won't be a BLOW OUT... AE had their chances just couldn't put it in..

Edited by Turtle

Yeah...those scrimmages are tough. Maybe WH is the "Scrimmage Team of the Fall". Like I've said time and time again...scrimmages mean absolutely nothing.

Harrison Smith got the bulk of those yards on 2 carries. He is explosive...and can fly. He will get a lot of yards against anyone.

We'll see what Westmoland has in a few weeks.

Your team couldn't beat Alcoa and Tyner either. Who is your team? Elm...Birch...Oak? I forget. :blink:

IDIOT!!!! B)