Campbell Co vs. Jefferson Co.

CougarTrav02

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think if Jeff. is going to be sucessful this year, they're gonna have to leave #10 in at QB. With the play calling I witnessed Friday night they need Michael Vick for a QB. Not only is #10 a much better athlete, I think he could make better decisions as well. The O-Line is horrendous. Not much push, and it's a good thing the tailback they have is so small because he is the only the could make it through the holes I saw. Super talented athletes at WR but no arm to get it there, well maybe there is an arm, but no protection for the arm to get it there. Well I wish the JCT well but if no better play calling, might be same result.

jeff co. 27

ccchs 18

thats my pic. no passing game in wet conditions. peeblee did u see that maryvile alcoa game? it was awesome seeing that game. the excitement was unbelievable.

didnt see any of it JKar...saw teh score and read the newspaper article...must have been quite a show...

believe it or not I havent seen any high school football at all this year...wait I take that back..i watched teh first two series of teh CC/lenoir city game on teh tape at WLAF/Channel 12 (where I work parttime)...thats all I have seen thus far...hope to catch the CC/clinton game next week though...

things seem kinda quiet intne halls of CCHS this season...see the players in their jerseys on game day but that is about it...

I think if Jeff. is going to be sucessful this year, they're gonna have to leave #10 in at QB. With the play calling I witnessed Friday night they need Michael Vick for a QB. Not only is #10 a much better athlete, I think he could make better decisions as well. The O-Line is horrendous. Not much push, and it's a good thing the tailback they have is so small because he is the only the could make it through the holes I saw. Super talented athletes at WR but no arm to get it there, well maybe there is an arm, but no protection for the arm to get it there. Well I wish the JCT well but if no better play calling, might be same result.

I don't think the key to having some success this year depends on which QB plays, but you are right, the O line has to play much better. They have good size and mobility, but just play timid and soft. I think our RBs do a pretty good job running the ball, just no holes to run through. I also think our LBs have to step up and start making some plays. Many of those runs that went the distance should have either been turned inside by a LB or he should have made the tackle. And my last comment is play calling - our coaches must be hard headed and just resist changing a game plan if it is not working. If you up 21 points going into 4th qtr then stick with your game plan. If your down 21 then some adjustments should have already happened, but we seem to finish the 4th quarter with the same philosophy we had for the first series. Not just offense - defense as well.

Jefferson County won 24-6, which was the score at halftime.

Christian McFall ran for 233 yards on 28 carries. Total yards was 340 to 179 jeff county.

Second half, JC got a little sloppy trying to run out the clock. Gave Campbell County a couple of scoring opportunities in the red zone. But the JC defense stepped up and came through with two big stops on fourth down.

Offensive line played well overall but McFall did a lot of work on his own, breaking tackles and getting to the outside. The sweep was there all night and JC took advantage.

Spencer is questionable for East game and probable for D-B according to coaches. He walked out to midfield with the captains before the game and didn't appear to have any problems putting weight on it.

As a Patriots fan I can only admire the Campbell County players for never giving up throughout the game. They played with 100% intensity for 4 full quarters even though they were well behind. Something I wish and hope Jefferson county will learn how to do.

Cougars, you may have lost the game Friday, but have better days ahead as long as you continue play with a "never give up" attitude for 4 quarters. Good luck to you and your coaches for the rest of the year.

I was also sad to see so many personal fouls on the Patriots. One incident for 30yds which cost us a promising scoring drive. Hopefully coach U will deal with that at the next practice. That type of incident doesn't need to happen again!

Goodluck to the Patriots against East. Ya (Patriots) better bring your "A" game boys.