Ohio vs. USA

FlyBy

I have been away for a while, but it is nice to get back into HS sports. First and foremost, congrats to BA, Ravenwood, McCallie, and Riverdale for playing the kind of games that we all want to see. I hate the fact that these match-ups are not the norm.

Speaking of match-ups, I am curious to know if there has been a thread already established on the Herbstreit Challenge of the best Ohio schools against top tier talent from around the USA over one weekend in September. Here is the link....

http://www.ohiovsusa.com

The teams include names like De La Salle, Moeller, Elder, Don Bosco, and Byrnes (I am sure MBA is still having nightmares about those guys from last year; possibly the best HS team I have ever seen).

These match-ups are fantastic, and I would ultimately like to see MBA, Riverdale, BA, Oak Ridge, Maryville, etc... join them in a year or so. It says there are still slots available for next year, and next year's list include teams like Evangel, Dematha, Hoover, etc...

Play hard tomorrow, Big Red!

Don't count on the Ohio team to make the return trip to your place, even if they promise :(

I have been away for a while, but it is nice to get back into HS sports. First and foremost, congrats to BA, Ravenwood, McCallie, and Riverdale for playing the kind of games that we all want to see. I hate the fact that these match-ups are not the norm.

Speaking of match-ups, I am curious to know if there has been a thread already established on the Herbstreit Challenge of the best Ohio schools against top tier talent from around the USA over one weekend in September. Here is the link....

http://www.ohiovsusa.com

The teams include names like De La Salle, Moeller, Elder, Don Bosco, and Byrnes (I am sure MBA is still having nightmares about those guys from last year; possibly the best HS team I have ever seen).

These match-ups are fantastic, and I would ultimately like to see MBA, Riverdale, BA, Oak Ridge, Maryville, etc... join them in a year or so. It says there are still slots available for next year, and next year's list include teams like Evangel, Dematha, Hoover, etc...

Play hard tomorrow, Big Red!

Riverdale had what was to be a home-and-home with Worthington Kilbourne out of Ohio. RHS beat 'em up in Ohio last year 26-7. Kilbourne decided to cancel the return appearance to Tennessee this year, leaving Riverdale to find a new opponent (which ended up being McCallie).

Thanks. I do not think they intend this to be a home/home series. It is simply a weekend of great match ups.

The Moeller of old would do well; the current version of Moeller is in serious trouble, in my opinion. A Byrnes win by 4+ TDs wouldn't surprise me in the least.

I agree, Moeller hasn't been the Moeller of old in quite a while. This team hasn't really competed with Ohio's elite teams in over 10 years. I'd rather see Canton McKinley play instead, not just because its a better program, but because they've got the nicest high school football stadium in the country.