CYCLONES GO TO THE CASTLE

cyclone81

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Cap, I chatted with several of the guys at the team dinner tonight and they are as upbeat as if they had Ws in those first two games. It was good to see. They even let me eat a little BBQ with them. I also took in practice and it was very upbeat. Now that doesn't win games but it is all good.

As far as your comments, I'll have to say I agree with quite a bit. Of course, you know me, I disagree with a few also, but it was a good read. I think there are more problems with mommys & daddys than anything and it is very minor. No one likes being 0-2 regardless of who they've played. The fact that it was two quality teams makes it easier to swallow, but the taste is bad. Especially to your Toppers. It's been a long and storied rivalry for quite awhile against a well respected opponent. Anyway, it's all good because it hasn't spilled over onto the field. The guys were having alot of fun today. You guys are off this week so come up to Bristol. I think it will be a very entertaining game for both teams and a good one to scout for SH. Good luck.......

Glee I knew you (and maybe one other) would be the only one to step up and answer my post. I, like others on here am prone to jump up on the soap box every now and then…we all have opinions…right or wrong. By the way I’m a Viking fan. My son graduated last year a Viking and is now a Tornado. I love football and would have liked to see him play at the next level but he chose basketball with legendary coach Pitts. Never the less…I’m very proud of his accomplishments as a Viking. I still have a couple coming up threw the ranks so look out! :huh:

As a Viking I can’t help but be very concerned about our secondary. Smith will eat us alive unless we are able to get to him as DB and SHHS did. On the other hand…contrary to what some believe the Vikings do still have speed in the backfield. One returning HB had a breakout game against you guys last year and looks like he’s up to the challenge again this year. But we have another back that’s faster and much quicker than him, but nobody has seen him play this year so the jury is still out. Elizabethton has size so I don’t think they will be easily pushed around by the Vikings this year up front. They have two receivers (one of which I know led the Betsy track team) that have breakaway speed. The Vikings can’t give up the big play to these guys #88 and I think #29. This game comes down to execution, discipline, and heart…and that could go either way. But I have to give the edge to the Vikings because Betsy is so one dimensional… kinda like East a couple years ago with Matt Eads (as Preston goes, so goes the team). The Vikings coaching staff is working real hard to prepare for Smith! We’ll be ready.

Vikings 21

Cyclones 14

Cool Cap. It is a very good rivalry.

Pitts is a good place to be for a basketball player. I had a run in with Pitts just a few days ago. Now he has a new gas furnace and air conditioner. :huh: Great coach of the game and life.

Back to the game.......I know that you guys have descent speed. What people alude to is that they aren't the speed everyone had to battle the last couple of years. Those were some really quick guys. I look for a very explosive game from both teams and also look for TN High to be sneaky with thier passing game while being brutal with the ground game. I believe you hit it on the nail by saying "the game comes down to execution, disipline and heart." Heart being a true key for Elizabethton as they work on thier 'dimensions'. Take care....

GO CLYCLONES!!!!

True. Cow Town circle up. TV came on here and got everyone stirred up with his moronic trouble making BS and no one has come to his rescue. You better get your kids together and you parents need to stop the useless bickering. The Cyclones are better than what you might think and your QB is tops. Leave him alone. He is a warrior and a QB not to mention one of the top QBs around this area. He also happens to be one of the top FS. GOSH! You people should be thrilled.

My intention was not to stir everybody up. After all, the only ones who got stirred up were you and Glee. Believe it or not...my opinions count as much as yours. You can take both of our opinions and 50 cents and get a cup of coffee. I'm not a parent. I don't even have a kid who plays football. Maybe you need to have some respect for other's "moronic" opinions. Another thing, I don't need anyone to "come to my rescue". I'm a big boy and can stand on my own. And lastly, The cyclones are in Elizabethton. Maybe "Cow Town" is easier to spell for you.

I don’t think I agree with that way of thinking anymore. Confidence in your team, in your coaches, and in yourself has a lot to do with the success of a good team. Getting crushed two weeks in a row regardless of what size school it was doesn’t do much for the confidence of a team. And then you get all of these speculations of: “Smith shouldn’t be the quarterback, we need a productive RB, someone needs to call some coaches and players out, and Smith is a ball hog and has happy feet”. And then players start quitting the team, your star player starts pointing fingers in the media, and you start questioning the credentials of coaches…ALL of these things are BIG distractions for a high school football team, and keeps them from being focused on the task at hand (and the bottom line of it all)….WINNING GAMES!!!! Can you honestly say that any of the issues that have been brought up on this thread would be issues if the Cyclones were 2-0 or 1-1 verses winless? And you opened the season last year with the same two teams…did It really help or hurt the team…you still loss to THS 21-7 in your conference opener and later on to South…the two teams you were expected to loose to. DB AND SHHS are two tall trees to climb for any of MLC teams at this point in the rotation (if you know what I mean) and what exactly are they preparing you for…East, Central, or maybe Unicoi???

Just face it you don’t see the Jason Whitten or the Vince Redd caliber players cycling through our schools right now and to be quite honest…I think we sometime expect too much from these kids when you compare their overall talent level and size to that of the rest of the state. And before you comment on my last statement…tell me…how many football players has this area put in major D1 schools sense Redd and Whitten…or even before???

High school Football is a competitive recreational sport…and for 90% of these kids that’s all it will ever be. Don’t expect them to fight the battles YOU loss in high school or to make up for your shortcomings or chase your shattered dreams. Why not give them something to tell their kids and grandkids besides “when I was in school son, we didn’t win many games but we sure did play some good 5A teams”!!

I would put the bigger stronger teams on the schedule for preparation for the post season, but they wouldn’t be the first two games out the box!!!

Very nice commentary. Well taken!

These Cyclones have been winners for years. All the way. That is what they know.

I don't believe they are ready to settle for mediocracy. I don't believe a couple of set backs have put them on thier heels. I do believe that they do believe in each other. I do believe they know that they are showing well in preparation for the SHOW!. They believe. I BELIEVE!

Showtime: Friday, 7:30P at the Stone Castle, Bristol TN

GO CYCLONES!!!

I still look for a great game by the Cyclones. This team is good and maybe we could support them all instead of being deadheads at the game. Why not drop it SportsTV. Seems like no one thought too much of your idea :thumb:

Let's "Tell The Truth"...

(Quote)

"I agree that right now Smith is better at QB than Anderson, but if no one else will step up and be a capable RB, they might want to consider alittle moving around in the backfield. If no one will step up and be a good RB, they might HAVE to make a move... But I'm not the coach, so..."

This post has been edited by Rangerbook06: Aug 28 2006 - 08:58 PM

I still look for a great game by the Cyclones. This team is good and maybe we could support them all instead of being deadheads at the game. Why not drop it SportsTV. Seems like no one thought too much of your idea :)

Time to move on now.