CYCLONES GO TO THE CASTLE

cyclone81

RVD, The new QB coach is Ron Calcagni - QB for Arkansas, Edmonton & Ottawa of the CFL. You can look him up on the net. Has great creditials and surely a benefit to the team.

There was some whining today about Smith's words in Sunday's paper. They couln't have been more true. "We didn't go at 100% at all times." "we play hard three plays and take two off." Go gettem little man. :thumb:

Edited by TellTheTruth2004

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that right now Smith is better at QB than Anderson, but if no one else will step up and be a capable RB, they might want to consider alittle moving around in the backfield. If no one will step up and be a good RB, they might HAVE to make a move... But I'm not the coach, so...

Edited by Rangerbook06

Harmon is still rounding into football shape but due to Hutch's injury is going to be pressed to step up, on both sides of the ball. He has the ability to run the ball effectively, and I look for him to have a breakout game real real soon. How bout his friday Justin!?!?!?!

Time for all Cyclones to circle the wagons.

True. Cow Town circle up. TV came on here and got everyone stirred up with his moronic trouble making BS and no one has come to his rescue. You better get your kids together and you parents need to stop the useless bickering. The Cyclones are better than what you might think and your QB is tops. Leave him alone. He is a warrior and a QB not to mention one of the top QBs around this area. He also happens to be one of the top FS. GOSH! You people should be thrilled.

This papa is a little angry tonight. Embarassed by the way my kid did tonight. We got it laid to us.

JVs got alot of work to do also. Plus, I heard that Jake Peters quit because he was too good for the JV?

At least you got to see you kid play tonight, I wasn't informed that my kid would be playing until I got to looking for him around 7pm. Care to give an report of how the game went?

Calm down papa. If you'll read my post...I never said Smith should be benched or something. I'm only suggesting what might be a good move for the TEAM (no "I"), not for an individual.

There is no more of a TEAM player than Preston Smith. He'd do anything for the TEAM as has been the case in the first two games. 'For his team'....that's why he is in Elizabethton. He has only amased 400 yards running and passing in the first two games aginst two of the premiere 5A teams in this area including the #3 5A team in the State. Now if we can get some help......

Anderson is a very fine QB but he would have suffered in either of the first two games. It is not a bad idea to 'spell' Preston with Wes, but to take Preston from under center this year would be a tragedy and a loss for the team. The ideal place to 'spell' him is on defense. He does too much at QB and it has been pretty clear to any unbiased observer. Maybe check with DB/SH fans as several posts attest to this.

You stated that Preston would not stay in the pocket? And something to do with "happy feet"? In both games, the 'pocket time' has been extemely limited, hense the need for someone who can move as he does. Someone else may have been too slow and panicked in that situation. If a change is needed, I think the coaches should address that situation and we don't need to 'stir' up a mess on here. If P falters, do him. Does that make any sense TV?

Preston took a bold move by 'calling out' his team-mates in Sunday's paper but someone had to do it in a forum that puts them on the spot. It takes 100% every play from everyone as has been a former trademark of this senior class. I totally stand behind him in these statements. Sometimes a leader has to do these things. The ones who do give themselves to the TEAM took no offense. The ones who are mad, maybe are the ones who don't give.

You have to love the game and the competition!

Sincerely, THE DADDY

Edited by GLee

I agree GLEE, if Smith is to spell it should be on defense. The backup does not look to give the offense the same dynamics as #8 does and it is a lot easier to protect an "weaker" player on defense. As an opposing fan I would have loved to see Smith stay in the pocket or in that case, Anderson to stay int the pocket because it would have made our defense's job alot easier. The problem with the offense seems to be an lack of running game that would keep the defense honest. If Science Hil had to respect the running game instead of pinning the ears back and coming after him every down it would have been an whole different game. Watch the game on tv tonight and notice how the defensive ends were pushing the tackles up field and the only place was to step up into the pocket and there were no open receivers. I'm sure that every is looking how Science Hill and DB played Betsy and they will see alot of the same thing the rest of the season. Draws and screens could be effective but no one seems capable of toting the mail with consistency. I'll be at the Castle with mixed emotions because I'm now an fan of #8 but I kind of want the Vikings to win so the Toppers can give them their first loss.