CYCLONES GO TO THE CASTLE

cyclone81

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How are the Eliz. coaches going to spell Smith. It has to happen. Ive heard that his backup at qb, anderson?, has potential to be a great qb. but hes just not as explosive running the ball as smith. Smiths backup at FS, #9, wouldnt come up on the run like smith. but i guess thats why smith is such a special player.

if the coaches give him a rest at either of these positions, he will be a much better player. even if the rest is a quarter.

but time for my pick. THS is too powerful up front for the 'Betsy D-Line.

THS - 21

EHS - 13

Yes the punts went 30 yards up in the air and landed 25 yards downfield. #30 is out for the year.

To be exact, VD.....

5-31.4yds and like I said, there were no returns. Very important. Great hang time. That's no return yards. This team will miss Hutch and all he did for the team.

How are the Eliz. coaches going to spell Smith. It has to happen. Ive heard that his backup at qb, anderson?, has potential to be a great qb. but hes just not as explosive running the ball as smith. Smiths backup at FS, #9, wouldnt come up on the run like smith. but i guess thats why smith is such a special player.

if the coaches give him a rest at either of these positions, he will be a much better player. even if the rest is a quarter.

THS - 21

EHS - 13

TN High's game plan is pretty simple. Run it down the opponents throat. Right at you.

THS - 21

EHS - 13

From what I've seen so far...Elizabethton would be much better served by Smith as a running back. Smith for sure has a big heart on the field but his feet are way too happy for an effective quarterback. By putting the Anderson kid in at quarterback (who seems much calmer and methodical) then Smith would be freed up to gain alot of yards as a back since running is what he seems to be best at. With Smith moving around so much out of the pocket, the offensive line can't do their job effectively because they don't know where Smith is going to be after the ball is snaped. Therefore, he ends up running about every other play. By the fourth quarter he is so tired that his passing game suffers due to his accuracy declining. :thumb:

I guess you'd have to be a fool not wanting Smith to touch the ball every play. QB is the way although I'm sure he'd be a great RB if that is where the team needed him. I figured out his passing % from DB & SH and it is 47% (without figuring drops). That's if the papers are right and I'm sure they are close. I don't think he'll see a better set of LB/DB and safeties to go against in his next 8 games. Yea, he got 3 ints. Friday but one was deflected off of his recievers hands and another his reciever was tripped and fell heading to the ball. The last was his. Smith does take off sometimes, but it is due to quick penetration of the defensive line. DUHHH...... Other times are roll outs for passing & runs. He is one of the top QBs in the area and you would be nuts to have him on a team and not have him touching and spreading the ball around. Seven different recievers caught the ball Friday night but somewhat of a running game is a must.

I guess that's enough, but the guy needs some credit for what he goes through. I guess I see your happy feet as being able to scramble because when he has been given time in the pocket he has sit back and struck his target. 47% ain't bad vs. DB and SH.

SportsTV, I think you're on your own on that one. :thumb:

I guess you'd have to be a fool not wanting Smith to touch the ball every play. QB is the way although I'm sure he'd be a great RB if that is where the team needed him. I figured out his passing % from DB & SH and it is 47% (without figuring drops). That's if the papers are right and I'm sure they are close. I don't think he'll see a better set of LB/DB and safeties to go against in his next 8 games. Yea, he got 3 ints. Friday but one was deflected off of his recievers hands and another his reciever was tripped and fell heading to the ball. The last was his. Smith does take off sometimes, but it is due to quick penetration of the defensive line. DUHHH...... Other times are roll outs for passing & runs. He is one of the top QBs in the area and you would be nuts to have him on a team and not have him touching and spreading the ball around. Seven different recievers caught the ball Friday night but somewhat of a running game is a must.

I guess that's enough, but the guy needs some credit for what he goes through. I guess I see your happy feet as being able to scramble because when he has been given time in the pocket he has sit back and struck his target. 47% ain't bad vs. DB and SH.

SportsTV, I think you're on your own on that one. :thumb:

Were you at Friday nights game against Science Hill? Elizabethton does need a running back. Why not Smith? He obviously runs better than he throws. 47% completions with 3 ints. is not good in any book. Whether it's called or not I don't know but, he rarely steps up into the pocket. Scrambling is a must and he his good at it but, when it's time to pass then step up and pass. Don't get me wrong. Smith is definitely a good athelete but, he would be better utilized as a running back. He has the speed and the moves. This would help to balance the offense. I also believe Smith doesn't need to be playing defense. This time would be better used in rest and preparation for the next series. As I stated before, by the fourth quarter he was worn out. It's just too much to ask of him.

Whomever the QB is will have to run because 2 seconds after the ball is snapped 2 or 3 guys are in your face trying to hammer you.

Yeah…I’ll have to agree with rvd. I didn’t see the EHS vs DB game, but I did see EHS play SHHS and defensive linemen and linebackers were in his face and on his heels all night.

Tennessee High vs. Elizabethton will be an interesting match-up for Science Hill to watch since the Hill travels to Tennessee High the following week (10/8).

Yeah…I’ll have to agree with rvd. I didn’t see the EHS vs DB game, but I did see EHS play SHHS and defensive linemen and linebackers were in his face and on his heels all night.

Tennessee High vs. Elizabethton will be an interesting match-up for Science Hill to watch since the Hill travels to Tennessee High

I agree with Powr, with that pressure on Smith, if he didn't scramble he's got 10-12 sacks. You've got a QB but your line has to do the run block and the pass block to get the job done. That was plain to see. Send Smith to SH!! This TV guy is a moron. :blink:

I have to disagree with SportsTV. Smith is a very good QB! I saw both the DB and the SHHS games and Smith with out a doubt has the potential to pick any defense in this conference apart if his line gives him time. I do agree that Elizabethton does need an effective RB to balance their offensive attack.