CYCLONES GO TO THE CASTLE

cyclone81

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Betsy has three first hard games. They could squeek this one out, I am unsure of who plays for TN High at all now, but if they can contain their run game they may be alright because I never knew of a TN High team that passed much... Smith is a good player and they NEED a run game. If E-Town wins.. they will run the table unless South SHOWS UP in their game with them..

I KNOW ONE THING FOR SURE IF I WERE A PLAYER AND HAD SOME GUYS THAT COULD LED ME TO THE SHIP I'D DO WHATEVER I COULD TO MAKE DARN SURE NOBODY LAID A HAND ON THEM.WE GET WIPED OUT ON OUR OWN SIDELINE LAST NIGHT AND NOBODY IS GETTING PEOPLE OF HIM,SORRY.GET SOME NASTINESS ABOUT YOU AND QUIT LETTING PEOPLE PUSH YOU AROUND.STAND UP FOR ONE ANOTHER,BESIDES WHO ELSE YOU GOT.SOMETHING WAS MENTIONED TO ME LAST NIGHT BY A FORMER COACH AT EHS ABOUT HOW THE CROWD REACTS TO THE TEAM,HE SAID I CANT BELIEVE HOW UNINSPIRING THE CROWD IS AT GAMES.BEEN THIS WAY FOR YEARS,I'D RATHER PLAY ON THE ROAD.WE HAVE A GREAT BUNCH OF GUYS DOWN THERE THAT ARE GIVING EVERYTHING THEY HAVE.WE NEED THIS GAME THIS WEEK.GO CYCLONES! GOOD LUCK HUTCH GET BETTER SOON.

Who is the back up punter? Since EHS has lost a running back who will take his place? SHHS took more out of EHS than DB because they knocked out their punter/RB. I hope he gets better because head injuries are nothing to take lightly but that is a risk when playing football. Hopefully he will be healthy and reved up for baseball.

After the Indians hammering of South, I believe one of these two teams may have a real shot at the conference title. (I'm still not counting South out) I saw Tennessee High play VA High. The game was much closer than the score indicates. I watched the Cyclones play DB tough on television. This is a hard game to predict. First, the Tennessee coaches do a good job preparing for the wide open gun offense ( ask East 2004 ), but the best I remember the Viking defense was much stronger in 2004. The news reports claim Tennesse will have a top notch defense, but in my opinion they are not there yet. Elizabethton has a real playmaker in P. Smith, but they to seem to make mistakes in crucial situations. I was also told by a Tennessee fan that Elizabethton was the last team to win in the castle during the regular season. Both programs have great tradition, and I really have enjoyed watching both teams play the past few years. I did not live here when the Cyclones had their power houses of the late 90's, but I did see several Viking games in 2004. Who wins?

Elizabethton Cyclones 38

Tennessee Vikings 21

Good luck to both

After the Indians hammering of South, I believe one of these two teams may have a real shot at the conference title. (I'm still not counting South out) I saw Tennessee High play VA High. The game was much closer than the score indicates. I watched the Cyclones play DB tough on television. This is a hard game to predict. First, the Tennessee coaches do a good job preparing for the wide open gun offense ( ask East 2004 ), but the best I remember the Viking defense was much stronger in 2004. The news reports claim Tennesse will have a top notch defense, but in my opinion they are not there yet. Elizabethton has a real playmaker in P. Smith, but they to seem to make mistakes in crucial situations. I was also told by a Tennessee fan that Elizabethton was the last team to win in the castle during the regular season. Both programs have great tradition, and I really have enjoyed watching both teams play the past few years. I did not live here when the Cyclones had their power houses of the late 90's, but I did see several Viking games in 2004. Who wins?

Elizabethton Cyclones 38

Tennessee Vikings 21

Good luck to both

How was the game closer than the score indicated? I guess the South and DB was close too? Tennessee dominated in every aspect on Thursday. The only exception was in the penalties category. They knew they had the game won or they wouldn't have had 2nd and 3rd stringers in during the 4th quarter, including a freshman at quarterback.

I don't see either team scoring 38 in this one.

Edited by THSVikings2004

Two totally different teams going at it this coming Friday. TN High is yet to be tested. Elizabethton has played the best and faltered. Good match up of speed vs power.

From what I hear, Hutchins is out for the season. Hope not, but it might be so. Hutch is tough and will be terribly missed. :thumb: Hang in there......

VD, The back up punter did quite well Friday night. No punt was returnable. Good air.