MCMINN ENTERS THE NEST

PRIMETIME OWL

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My take on the game tonight. First I will say McMinn is improved from last year. They will surprise some teams before the year is over. They are not in very good shape, IMO. Scored on two big plays, QB and RB are both quality players. Holland has to step up and set the tone for their defense, not sure he is capable of being that type of leader. Ooltewah's defense played very well. This was supposed to be The Owls first big test. I thought Ooltewah played better again tonight than in the previous two games. I do like seeing the gradual improvement. Marshall continues to run relentlessly. Jeremy Woods stepped up and played very good tonight in only his third varsity start. This is still a very young Ooltewah team they are not there yet. Central is next on the list, I hope they continue to take them one game at a time. Good Luck Cherokees, I think your in for a better season than last year from what I saw tonight. :rolleyes:

Both teams played great games last night! I thought Jeremy Woods stepped up big showing off his arm and legs. He is a better quarterback than what most people think. Offensive line looked better this week. Holes opened up and the running game looked good. 400 yards total offense... Defense looked good also. They held McDermott to under 100 yards rushing. He had one long run for 70+ yards so if you take that away the Owls stopped his running game. Basically the Cherokees offense came on 3 plays. I think they had 190 yards on 3 plays. Take them away and defense played outstanding. McMinn will be a contender this year for the play-offs. I actually think they will be either 3rd or 4th. Good luck to the Cherokees and win out!

Edited by ImaOWL

cooterhooter and ImaOWL, thanks for the respectful comments. McMinn came into this ball game to win not just earn respect. we played well enough to be in contention but not well enough to beat a better than expected ooltewah team. IMO the owls are, or at least will be, better than last year's team. very quick on D and many weapons on O. Mcminn's offense couldn't get anything consistently. the D played well most of the game. marshall had 159 but included a 70 yd TD. take that play away and Mcminn's D holds him to 89 yrds on 26 carries. not bad considering they had to focus on the pass as well. ooltewah got many yards themselves on busted assignments (ie the last TD pass). Woods made many plays, with arm or legs, after Mcminn's D was able to flush him from pocket. Mcminn's D got tired late. the owls had 61 offensive plays. sorry for the rambling.

good luck to the owls and maybe we'll see you in the playoffs.

http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_91999.asp

outstanding ball game by ooltewah, mcminn has a good team. mcminn will win many games this year. im beginning to think this owls team is better than people are giving them credit for, look what rhea county did to hixson. jeremy woods played a flawless game at qb, that a boy J wooooooooooooooooo! great job by the defense. go owls, beat the puds brains in.

Grade Card from TRIBEFAN:

Defense C-

Pass Rush C- (to mush time to throw)

Secondary C- (let reciever get behind defender several times)

Offense C

Pass Protection D

Passing D ( not enough throws and not enough catches)

Running C-

Special Teams B

Punting B

KO / PAT B

Overall C-

Ability to adjust during the game was costly this week on both sides of the ball.

This McMinn team should win 7/8 games this year but they must throw atleast 20 times to avoid other teams from stacking the box and keying on #2. I liked the option look they got into a few times and had success with but then did not utilize it alot throught the entire game. This will be a motivating game for this team and staff and I look for them to get back to their winning ways this week @ Cleveland.