Centennial @ Independence

zoosee12

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, Finney is still there, and unfortunately for all of CHS, so is Gregory!

With that said, INDY WINS!

The Lavergne/CHS game cannot be used to determine the win here, nor can the Indy wins. Lavergne is very OVER-RATED and Page and Hillwood would be no match for any of the teams mentioned in this thread!

Rock, what is going on with the offense? Bring in a Wing-T coach and most of the Lavergne game featured Gregory's "Bone". He just can't let go can he?

I did not see the game, so I am going by hearsay, but I also heard your "Twin Peaks" that you call receivers were ineffective! Drops, non-aggresive going for the ball, etc. Not much of a threat out there if that is how they play! I do know that Indy has some very athletic Cb's, so would not expect much from them this week either!! :thumb:

The outcome of this game will be determined by the Oline and Dline for each team. (Which applies to most games!) I give the edge to Indy. They do have some big and also talented kids up front to play with..on both sides of the ball. Rock, you can probably fill us all in regarding the lines at CHS this year.

Good Luck to both teams...one thing is for sure, one team will leave that night 1-0 in region play, the other 0-1 and in a deep hole to dig themselves out of!

[/qu

So who is not over reated? You have said lavergn, franklin, and probably some others are over rated, tell whos not. hmmm, maybe indy's over rated. what do you think?

I'm sticking with the Independence theme for one more week. This will be their toughest test to this point, but I just like the Eagles ability to do it more than one way. They can run it pretty well out of the spread, they can throw it with the best of them, and Shephard is a difference maker in Special Teams for Independence. I just have a suspicion that if Centennial ever gets two scores down in this game, they can't recover with their offensive philosophy. With that said, I do not believe that the game will play out that way. I think Centennial will hang tight and maybe jump out early on Indy's so-so D, but I believe in Independence's ability to match scores and eventually pull it out late on Cordell's arm.

Independence 34

Centennial 27

umrebel21

well i think this is justin

just a guess tho

i would say that lavergne was a bit overrated

ravenwood isnt overrated; they're just stupid (like goin for 2 in OT)

i would say franklin was overrated but their d is amazing right now

i guess we can all agree that clarksvill northeast isnt overrated

and as for centennial being down by 2 scores and not being able to come back...

did u see the La Vergne game???

Independence Receivers vs. Centennial's DBs...gotta give the edge to the Eagles. Especially with Ryan Burns covering Darnell, Baugh, Veres, or Reese. I can't wait for Ben Parker to come back from his leg injury...that'll give the Eagles five solid receivers.

I think the offensive lines for both teams will be fairly effective because it seems to be stressed more at each school. The linebackers will make a huge difference in this game: early momentum and blitz packages could sway the game.

Centennial has two things that worry me a lot: Frashod Barlow and Wayne Coffee. Speedy, elusive backs are a problem for the Indy defense.

If CHS' receivers are as soft as people are saying, they're in some trouble. Darnell and Baugh are both physical corners and Dominic DiLoreto will absolutely bring the wood to anyone who comes across the middle.

I just think that IF Zach can get some time, he could have a lights out game. I still see this being a very close contest between two relatively inexperienced teams, so the age factor may not decide this one.

I can guarantee you one thing: the game will NOT be played at Heritage Middle. :ph34r:

Do I think IHS should pull this one out? Absolutely. I think they're strong where CHS is weak. However, this is the first real big game for them and we've yet to see how they react being down in the fourth quarter. I can say that I've watched/played with Chris Darnell since the 7th grade and he's very dependable in clutch situations, as is Isaac Baugh.

There's a lot of pressure on Zach Cordell. Let's hope he thrives on it.

Independence 31, Centennial 30.

i dont know who said that my boy ryan burns was starting DB

but i really dont think he is

last i remember our secondary was scales, mcclemore, dixon, and harris

burns is pretty much on special teams

so your point about burns coverin your big recievers doesnt really apply

and i think that if independence wants to move the ball they'll have to do it through quick slants or 2 yard hitches because with harris and dixon in the deep secondary dont count on gettin much going

i just found out that this is channel 3's game of the week so i dont have to commentate for centennial so i'm gonna be on the stands going crazy

this i'll be fun

i dont know who said that my boy ryan burns was starting DB

but i really dont think he is

last i remember our secondary was scales, mcclemore, dixon, and harris

burns is pretty much on special teams

so your point about burns coverin your big recievers doesnt really apply

and i think that if independence wants to move the ball they'll have to do it through quick slants or 2 yard hitches because with harris and dixon in the deep secondary dont count on gettin much going

i just found out that this is channel 3's game of the week so i dont have to commentate for centennial so i'm gonna be on the stands going crazy

this i'll be fun

Hey Rock,

Be consistent. If you're going to complain about Hit's grammar, then you should complain about zoosee's. Be consistent...lol.

I didn't want it to seem like I was picking on Hit. He is very informative, and I enjoy his posts. I did put a disclaimer that the grammar part of that post was for everyone. After all, the easier your post is to read, the better your point gets accross to the reader.

I'm glad Coffee will be back soon. Will he be replacing Scales or McLemore as one of the featured backs?

Edited by ambiguousrock

We'll see zoo.

I think you'll be surprised about Independence's passing attack. Coach Smith has been gameplanning since Saturday and I guarantee he'll be ready. The IHS passing game has been phenomenal thus far...supposedly Cordell is leading the state in yards and TDs, grant it that some teams have only played one game to his two. IHS will throw the deep ball some in this game, especially because Harris hasn't played in a few years and this type of attack may be entirely new to him.

Now, that being said, CHS does have some good DBs and the deep ball will NOT be the focus.

Zoosee, I got that Burns was starting from one of the publications. I think it was OTB. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

This is going to be a great game. At least it should be. Both teams should be very excited as they have an great opportunity to get a leg up in region play.

This is a huge game. Biggest in the brief history of IHS.