Lincoln Co. @ Warren Co.

Heisman it sounds like you need to prove yourself in practice or something because obviously you dont stand out. Just because you are a senior doesnt give you the right to play. You have to earn it. Bouldin is a good tailback and obviously is the future tailback and gives this team the best shot to win. Dont blame your lack of playing time on the coaches, blame it on the effort you give in practice.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont blame losing on the coach, I know our team itself needs to step it up. I blame the coach for not putting in more capable players, who could have helped the line, the backfield even quarterback.

Reading along, I agree with alot of what is posted. A few things- the coach is responsible for the team and decisions made- like it or not this is not Jaycee ball- teams should try to win. This year there is enough talent on the WC team to win some games- questions- Is the coach(es) playing the right players at the right times in the right positions- 50/50 chance- Can't put players in positions and get results just 'cause you want them in those positions- they don't have that type of ability- Are too many players in too many positions who never leave the field- Yes-Will this hurt the overall results- Yes- A wise coach once said- "I would rather have a less than perfect player fresh in the game versus my best worn out"- You should have your best on the field at all times but the best player winded is no longer the best to be on the field and also has a higher risk of getting hurt. The coach also has the overall responsibility to make sure his assistant coaches provide the best preparation, best plays and guidance for the team he has- the Defense Coach is where he needs to be, by comparison there is no excuse for the play calling of the offense- we all see what's going on- WC makes it easy for the opponent's defense. A good head coach is a manager who insists on changes when things aren't working- whether it's the wrong player in the wrong position, the play calling, formations, etc. By comparison, could a coach take this team, make adjustments and win some games- Yes- So that is the difference. We'll see what happens-

Heisman it sounds like you need to prove yourself in practice or something because obviously you dont stand out. Just because you are a senior doesnt give you the right to play. You have to earn it. Bouldin is a good tailback and obviously is the future tailback and gives this team the best shot to win. Dont blame your lack of playing time on the coaches, blame it on the effort you give in practice.

I agree with you WC58 you do have to earn your position. Stay after practice and work on things that the coach says that you aren't good at. Big fish who are the players you would like to see in the game?

I agree with you WC58 you do have to earn your position. Stay after practice and work on things that the coach says that you aren't good at. Big fish who are the players you would like to see in the game?

I do think Rich and Wilcher are needed more in the offensive line up- both are proven RBs that can provide more muscle, maybe more yards while the O line is collapsing. Bouldin was good before but the O line will have to be stronger before he has a chance- the others have more size and strength to get out front. I think they should spread it out a little- and see if it doesn't help. Otherwise, just finding guys to relieve, rotations, might keep the team fresh..gotta have more conversions and fewer punts.

I do think Rich and Wilcher are needed more in the offensive line up- both are proven RBs that can provide more muscle, maybe more yards while the O line is collapsing. Bouldin was good before but the O line will have to be stronger before he has a chance- the others have more size and strength to get out front. I think they should spread it out a little- and see if it doesn't help. Otherwise, just finding guys to relieve, rotations, might keep the team fresh..gotta have more conversions and fewer punts.

"Formula to HELP fix Warren County's Offensive woes"

1. They need an O line that can give a play time to work; just a second or two; this goes for the run or the pass. GET #73 OFF OF THE LINE!; he is the poorest excuse for a lineman I've ever seen. The coach should create some competition for spots on the line and give the boys on the sidelines a chance to step up or quit belly aching.

2. Mullican is not a Josh Paz and will never be that type of QB. He must be taught to better execute handing off the ball and the pitch. He bumbled the pitch to Bouldin multiple times Friday night. Additionally, he does not have the time to wait on the slower developing pass routes that WC recievers run.To throw successfully, WC must do it quicker; whatever happened to the "hot pass".

3. Both the QB and the RB spend far too much effort running or should I say more accurately scrambling laterally on the field. I do agree with bigfish that more muscle is needed. But the fullback is not being given the ball but one or two times per game and he can get tough yards almost by himself. When you go to the same back all night long it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what is coming. Mix it up and watch the pressure ease up some on the RB. Put Rich behind Moran, get the line to lay some decent blocking down, and watch the sparks fly. Anyone who was at the fall scrimmages already know this. Also put Wilcher(#34) at pulling guard where he will best help the offense.

4. Finally, if I were in the head coach's shoes, I would think long and hard about calling my own offensive plays.