JCS vs TCA

tha contender

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How soon we forget ... The TCA Football squad 2003 went very far in playoffs. Eliminated USJ in playoffs that year. This team was loaded.. This years TCA team could very well beat JCS, but I do not think it's the best team they've ever had.

This TCA team is young and when they are seniors then they very well could be the best team TCA has ever had.

Bored Guy Thanks for all you do for high school sports in West Tn..

Can a subscription be ordered for out of area folks that like to keep up with local sports.. I hope you will be covering college football, Lambuth, Bethel, Lane . West Tn has many local boys on these squads . Thanks again

JCS will step it up i think these first 2 weeks have just been getting use to time and i think theyll play like they need to to get the job done. TCA wont have the same passing game the had against west carroll, JCS DBs will over match the WRs. Rashad Rayner Will be brilliant on offense and Defense and i expect Fowler to come out of his shell here soon. Many say tomlin will be all region pick but fowler is also a great choice because of his weapons. but only time will tell my friends

How soon we forget ... The TCA Football squad 2003 went very far in playoffs. Eliminated USJ in playoffs that year. This team was loaded.. This years TCA team could very well beat JCS, but I do not think it's the best team they've ever had.

This TCA team is young and when they are seniors then they very well could be the best team TCA has ever had.

Bored Guy Thanks for all you do for high school sports in West Tn..

Can a subscription be ordered for out of area folks that like to keep up with local sports.. I hope you will be covering college football, Lambuth, Bethel, Lane . West Tn has many local boys on these squads . Thanks again

I didn't forget TCA's 2003 team. I saw them play a couple of times. They did go far in the playoffs, but I do not think they were better than this year's Lion team. Remember they caught USJ in a down year when they beat them in the 2nd round and got handled by Fayette in the quarters.

We don't normally offer subscriptions, but I'm sure something can be worked out. Send an email with your name/address to info@ontheballmag.com.

I didn't forget TCA's 2003 team. I saw them play a couple of times. They did go far in the playoffs, but I do not think they were better than this year's Lion team. Remember they caught USJ in a down year when they beat them in the 2nd round and got handled by Fayette in the quarters.

We don't normally offer subscriptions, but I'm sure something can be worked out. Send an email with your name/address to info@ontheballmag.com.

That is very good point. The 2003 TCA team was not very good at all, but that was the same year that all the public schools in the Region were awful and it ended up with the two best teams (JCS and Fayette) in one second round game, which was a classic. In the other second round game Trinity slipped by USJ (probably the worst USJ team in the history of the school after all the injuries they suffered). In the quarterfinal game I think Fayette had their starters off the field in the 3rd quarter; JCS was the second best team that year and should have been playing in the quarterfinals.

This game will not be the 53-6 blowout that it was last year. Remember, when these two teams played last year, TCA was racked with injuries and discipline issues. I saw TCA play against West Carroll and they were impressive as they moved up and down the field at will. The quarterback for TCA is impressive. He is very accurate and has a very quick release. He has good skill people to work with as well. However, we must remember, TCA was playing down West Carroll team. As always, depth is a major issue for TCA. A key injury or two and TCA will have a long year.

TCA does not have an answer for Rashad Raynor. He can, and will, make a big play at any time from either side of the ball and on special teams. If he touches the football he is a legit threat to score. Nick Melton will get his yards. The Johnson kid is gaining experience and confidence by the play. He will be a good one. Fowler is more than serviceable at the QB position.

Ultimately, this game will be decided by the strength of the offensive and defensive lines of both teams. With that said, I will go with JCS by the score of 31-14.