JCS vs TCA

tha contender

That`s a good question. I`m not necessarily a TCA fan, but I`d love to see Coach Hodum and the Lions have some success.

Does anyone know if the Crenshaw on TCA`s team is the son of Dr. James Crenshaw? I know his kids attend TCA but didn`t know if that was one of his.

TCA will be good this year if they avoid injury. Their offensive and defensive lines have 3 prospects 1 senior and two juniors being recruited by ole miss to play college ball. and yes thats the same Crenshaw.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TCA will be good this year if they avoid injury. Their offensive and defensive lines have 3 prospects 1 senior and two juniors being recruited by ole miss to play college ball. and yes thats the same Crenshaw.

I saw the game tonight and there is not any kid on Trinity big enough or good enough to go to Ole Miss.

Quick question for anyone with inside knowledge on Trinity, everybody keeps talking about this years team and how it is one of the best they have ever had...what about next year? I remember in 2003 watching these kids play middle school ball and just pounding the ball down everybodys throat...so is this year their year, or will it be next year?

ya man i went there for 8 years and transfered to Liberty but im still close to all of them over there at TCA! I was on the 2003 middleschool football team that went 8-0. We are all Juniors now and i belive that next year will be the best team TCA has ever seen! TCA has lost the MONSTER 350lb lineman that was a prospect(junior also). He doesnt play anymore, because of issues. Hewitt Tomlin lives a block away from me and I belive one of the reasons he is becoming a great QB is his dad. He pushes him and works with him often and has coached with multiple teams in the county. If anyone has ?s about TCA, let me know I am the TCA connection haha

TCA got alot of big breaks tonight, but probably gave JCS a good scare. A few observations: Tomlin came out slow(2 picks in the first half) but finished with a decent game. When TCA scored, it seemed like it was always a break away play. They would get stuffed again and again but then break a long one. Melton ran the ball hard, but #21 for JCS really pounded it tonight. JCS's passing game was decent, 1 td 1 int. TCA looks like they have some talent coming up.

What happened to Matt Hudson? He was on the sidelines with crutches and I heard he is sceduled to have surgery. Details anyone?

'Fraid not, even if he does get a clean bill of health he's not going to be playing in any JV games this season. The coaches want to keep him healthy for next year. On a different note I'm afraid I sorely underestimated TCA. JCS is still better but TCA I think can beat Fayette Academy if they try hard enough.

How soon we forget ... The TCA Football squad 2003 went very far in playoffs. Eliminated USJ in playoffs that year. This team was loaded.. This years TCA team could very well beat JCS, but I do not think it's the best team they've ever had.

This TCA team is young and when they are seniors then they very well could be the best team TCA has ever had.

Bored Guy Thanks for all you do for high school sports in West Tn..

Can a subscription be ordered for out of area folks that like to keep up with local sports.. I hope you will be covering college football, Lambuth, Bethel, Lane . West Tn has many local boys on these squads . Thanks again

Actaully Trinity was eliminated by Fayette Academy that year. Who won the game 44-13. Trinity beat USJ in the second round of the state playoffs.

I went to the game firday and i was somewhat impressed by trinity. They kept on fighting they didnt give JCS any breathing room.I hate to see Shaw get hurt again he could be a great back but he just cant stay away from injuries. The two early picks by JCS are what i think hurt them in this one it looked as though the JCS dbs were goin for the pick instead of playing the man there were huge lapses by them. Tomlin wasnt as good as hyped just threw alot of stuff up and it was caught because of what i said earlier. Melton is just not looking like the melton from last year he looks good running side to side but no where else. Taggart really pounded the ball when it needed to be pounded. fowler and the center seem to have some serious issues. but all in all great game