Who's the best TEAM in the state?

Commander Salamander

How bout siegel. They took down cookville in district and riverdale in regions. they could be a sleeper team with their knowledge of the course.

I hope so, but I don't know. I'm a big supporter of District 7AAA and Region 4AAA, but I don't know if the best teamfrom our region is represented in the state. Siegel played well Monday in the Region Tournament, and was the best that day, and I hope they play well in the State Tournament, but I wouldn't call them a sleeper team to win the state title. Clarksville is good enough that I just don't think a "sleeper" team could beat them. It's going to take a great couple of days to beat them, and I don't know if Siegel has two "great" days in them. Hopefully they can have a good tournament and represent our region well. Good luck Stars!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope so, but I don't know. I'm a big supporter of District 7AAA and Region 4AAA, but I don't know if the best teamfrom our region is represented in the state. Siegel played well Monday in the Region Tournament, and was the best that day, and I hope they play well in the State Tournament, but I wouldn't call them a sleeper team to win the state title. Clarksville is good enough that I just don't think a "sleeper" team could beat them. It's going to take a great couple of days to beat them, and I don't know if Siegel has two "great" days in them. Hopefully they can have a good tournament and represent our region well. Good luck Stars!

Well...we appreciate the support. If u look at that technically, the best team from the region is in state. U said that siegel was the best THAT DAY, but if u think about it "THAT DAY" was the only day that mattered. Therefore they are the best right now. Good Luck Siegel. All others better luck next year. :D

The Bruins from University School of Jackson are very stout this year returning all top 5 members and 3 very good alternates. The bruins fell short in region last year but they were young, these kids have been playing togeather for 6 years starting in middle school. This is a veteran team that knows how to win tournaments and should win A-AA state this year if they get passed Chatanooga Christian, another young but experianced team.

I would propose that the Milan Bulldog golf team in A-AA is a possibility to give

USJ a run for their money in the regional. I am told that their five shoot 39 or less. From the different messages read, the state tournament this year in A-AA must be fielding a strong group. Looks to be very interesting.

I would say a team that recruits the best athletes to come to their school on scholarship would normally be pretty good. What are they shooting as a team?

Even though we all know that the whole golf team is on a free ride plus getting a monthly stipend and a car, do we agree that Baylor has the best team in the state by a long shot?

The Bruins from University School of Jackson are very stout this year returning all top 5 members and 3 very good alternates. The bruins fell short in region last year but they were young, these kids have been playing togeather for 6 years starting in middle school. This is a veteran team that knows how to win tournaments and should win A-AA state this year if they get passed Chatanooga Christian, another young but experianced team.

It will be a toss up whether CCS even makes it back this year, don't forget about Hixson. And I would have to say, even though they do recruit, Baylor has the best golf team, but they dont get a car.