Grace(2-0) @ Silverdale(1-1)

cwoodsboy

Is Josh Blake a junior or sophmore?

IOWNYOU, I remember people making the same kinds of statements, myself included, about Temple in the early days of their football program. They are good against weak competition and no one else. Did they turn out to actually be good? Calm down.

let me give grace a little credit. i did NOT expect them to beat silverdale. honestly, i expected them to be last in the region. its now looking like 5th is more realistic. they have improved over last year and that quarterback did have a good game. however, grace cannot get TOO excited because it was just Silverdale. If they beat LV or Whitwell and their qb runs all over them, then they can get excited. And oh yeah...............this is Grace's third year of football right? Temple has only had football one year longer than Grace has, and we started making noise 2 years ago (our second year), competing with the whitwell, LV, and copper basin. thats what Grace lacks. this is now their third year, and so far they have yet to compete with whitwell or LV. If they can play 48 mins with one of those teams, and have a chance to win it, then they have arrived. Until then, its too early to say there's hype.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He can flat out play??? are you serious..... they played silverdale- silverdale is terrible....awful.... pathetic..... I don't know why I waste my breath -just wait until grace plays a region oponent other than the green string beans at silverdale

that article is a joke- beleive the hype??? what hype is he talking about.... the fact that grace plays teams so bad......anyways i'm done...

Silverdale is bad, I agree. I am not saying Grace is good. But Josh Blake is a good football player. He is a only a sophmore, and he threw perfect ball after perfect ball. I'm not gonna argue with you about this, time will tell.

Oh, and about strenght of schedule, I'll talk to the Grace AD about not scheduling the region oppents that arent up to par... :ph34r:

let me give grace a little credit. i did NOT expect them to beat silverdale. honestly, i expected them to be last in the region. its now looking like 5th is more realistic. they have improved over last year and that quarterback did have a good game. however, grace cannot get TOO excited because it was just Silverdale. If they beat LV or Whitwell and their qb runs all over them, then they can get excited. And oh yeah...............this is Grace's third year of football right? Temple has only had football one year longer than Grace has, and we started making noise 2 years ago (our second year), competing with the whitwell, LV, and copper basin. thats what Grace lacks. this is now their third year, and so far they have yet to compete with whitwell or LV. If they can play 48 mins with one of those teams, and have a chance to win it, then they have arrived. Until then, its too early to say there's hype.

I agree, there shouldnt be any hype. Grace really hasnt proved anything. The article that mentioned "hype" was about Grace's qb. And comparing Graces first few years to Temple's does nothing... I agree Temple had better atheletes at the start of their program. And I imagine you dont wanna compare the next few years of the programs. But I agree, until Grace beats Whitwell, Valley, or Temple they are on the outside looking in.

Slim Jimmy guesses that Grace is the best team now that they have beaten Unaka and David Brainerd. Wait until they play a real football team.

Is that what I said hillbilly? No, for starters, Grace hasn't played Unaka. I said you made some pretty stupid comments and directed most of them at Grace. You know stuff like, "Grace is going to get baked by 18." No one said Grace is winning state this year, making it to the playoffs, or competing with South Pitt. Don't act like Grace is the one stuffing sand in your shorts. The only reason you hate Grace is because you called on "The Rackballers" to "take the ball to the rack", "show Grace how rackball is meant to be played", and "play some rackball", but your team didn't deliever.

Is that what I said hillbilly? No, for starters, Grace hasn't played Unaka. I said you made some pretty stupid comments and directed most of them at Grace. You know stuff like, "Grace is going to get baked by 18." No one said Grace is winning state this year, making it to the playoffs, or competing with South Pitt. Don't act like Grace is the one stuffing sand in your shorts. The only reason you hate Grace is because you called on "The Rackballers" to "take the ball to the rack", "show Grace how rackball is meant to be played", and "play some rackball", but your team didn't deliever.

Slim Jimmy is not a hillbilly. Slim Jimmy says wait until October when South Pitt comes to Grace and cracks them. What is rackball?