Blount County Champs Unimportant

LordInfamous

In this post last year (link), you deemed national polls "silly" (and made your typical potshot at private schools).

Are we now to believe that you find national polls not "silly" and instead "respected"? Does the presence (or absence) of any certain team(s) in the national polls change your opinions about the polls?

Just curious.

Excellent work RRR.....well done indeed. Finding Maryville in a national poll finally fits his agenda. BTW, congrats to Maryville. A very fine program in Tennessee I might add.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In this post last year (link), you deemed national polls "silly" (and made your typical potshot at private schools).

Are we now to believe that you find national polls not "silly" and instead "respected"? Does the presence (or absence) of any certain team(s) in the national polls change your opinions about the polls?

Just curious.

:) CLASSIC MARYVILLE!!! :thumb:

Just curious.

FBE, I'm still curious about your apparent change of heart on national rankings. Please let us know what has happened, in your opinion, for the national rankings to evolve from "silly" to "respected".

Gee Rollred , do we need to add you to the Maryville haters club too now ? hehe ... I can assure you , we could care less about polls , and I find these threads hilarious in that all the Maryville haters always come running .

No, I do not need to be added to the haters’ club, but while I do find that the grief Maryville fans get is mostly unwarranted, there are also some instances where a fan puts himself out there with a statement that brings on a valid question. That happened here. Why are tough, on-the-spot questions always seen as a form of "hate"?

Read the post from last year and this year’s post. Don’t you find it even remotely hypocritical? I’m sure this year’s post was posted with at least some form of backdrop that polls/rankings don’t mean much, but last year’s post certainly had a little condescension behind it, and was certainly a polar opposite of this year's opinion of polls.

Just as Maryville fans don’t like unwarranted potshots, some other fans don’t like them either when their school(s) are called out. It goes both ways, doesn't it? Asking a valid question about two conflicting posts does not mean one is a member of a hater’s club; it’s a case of trying to understand rationale. Nothing more, nothing less.

Edited by rollredroll

No, I do not need to be added to the haters’ club, but while I do find that the grief Maryville fans get is mostly unwarranted, there are also some instances where a fan puts himself out there with a statement that brings on a valid question. That happened here. Why are tough, on-the-spot questions always seen as a form of "hate"?

Read the post from last year and this year’s post. Don’t you find it even remotely hypocritical? I’m sure this year’s post was posted with at least some form of backdrop that polls/rankings don’t mean much, but last year’s post certainly had a little condescension behind it, and was certainly a polar opposite of this year's opinion of polls.

Just as Maryville fans don’t like unwarranted potshots, some other fans don’t like them either when their school(s) are called out. It goes both ways, doesn't it? Asking a valid question about two conflicting posts does not mean one is a member of a hater’s club; it’s a case of trying to understand rationale. Nothing more, nothing less.

I can't answer for FBE , but I think we all have the same opinion about national polls .. there's no way to rank teams nationally , so it becomes a popularity contest that may be a year or 2 behind . Maryville is apparently being rewarded for the past few years .... but it has nothing to do with the now . I've seen some posters who are from the private schools be awfully critical of Maryville , I won't let a few bad apples change my high opinion of MBA , BA , and their classy posters .

I can't answer for FBE , but I think we all have the same opinion about national polls .. there's no way to rank teams nationally , so it becomes a popularity contest that may be a year or 2 behind . Maryville is apparently being rewarded for the past few years .... but it has nothing to do with the now . I've seen some posters who are from the private schools be awfully critical of Maryville, I won't let a few bad apples change my high opinion of MBA, BA, and their classy posters .

Fair enough.

I'm all for Tennessee schools being recognized in national rankings, no matter how "silly" or "respected" they may actually be. Whether it's Maryville or MBA or Manassas or MUS or anyone else, if a TN team's presence in national publciations helps promote Tennessee football, I'm all for it.

However, the issue at hand is not so much how valid national rankings are as it is a show of consistency and equity. I was just doing my part to try to understand if others are only going to acknowledge only their own teams' accomplishments, or if they're also going to give credit where credit is due to others. The posts at issue led me to believe the former; I'm open to having my opinion changed, however.