Whitehaven vs. Germantown

kwc

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Germantown 39

Whitehaven 19

Can anyone offer some details about the game...can't say i thought Germantown would nearly hit 40 points against a Whitehaven squad that held Melrose to 10. Germantown most have found some offense or Whitehaven made a ton of mistakes.

gtown kicked off, big return 2 plays later w/h scored. looked bad for gtwn. gtwns 1st O pos same as w/h. a long run and 2 plays later , t/d. gtwn had several big plays for long yardage. typical smash mouth football, scored with 1st team ands second team o/line (gtwn 1st team ol/ only has one senior) oline opened large holes for r/bs to take advantage of. very few penalties really. .gtwns q/b connected for several long passes one resulting in a t/d. the q/b didnt take the punishment that he went through last week at jcm.

defense was very strong with very hard hitting by both teams. defensive front shut down the run and presured the q/b all night. most of w/h rushing seemed to come from the w/h q/b scrambling away from the sack. defensive secondary stepped up and pretty much shut down the long pass. W/h didnt have the big linebackers that jcm had. that was a ball game!. If jcm can gets some discipline they arer going to be very hard to beat.

I think thats about it.

Edited by dp6fan

gtown kicked off, big return 2 plays later w/h scored. looked bad for gtwn. gtwns 1st O pos same as w/h. a long run and 2 plays later , t/d. gtwn had several big plays for long yardage. typical smash mouth football, scored with 1st team ands second team o/line (gtwn 1st team ol/ only has one senior) oline opened large holes for r/bs to take advantage of. very few penalties really. .gtwns q/b connected for several long passes one resulting in a t/d. the q/b didnt take the punishment that he went through last week at jcm.

defense was very strong with very hard hitting by both teams. defensive front shut down the run and presured the q/b all night. most of w/h rushing seemed to come from the w/h q/b scrambling away from the sack. defensive secondary stepped up and pretty much shut down the long pass. W/h didnt have the big linebackers that jcm had. that was a ball game!. If jcm can gets some discipline they arer going to be very hard to beat.

I think thats about it.

Thanks for the recap :unsure:

I am a Whitehaven fan and I would like to give props for germantown, their team as improved very much from last year's team. Germantown played a good and solid game. Offensively, whitehaven could not get it going. However, I knew it was going to be a long, long, night when I saw that the starting QB (#6) out with an injury. The back up QB (# 7) can not throw and makes the worst decisions while in the game as he demonstrated in friday's game. But that is not an excuse because our defense totally broke down and could not get the option in check. Hopefully we will be more prepared next time. I think this was a testimony of the sec-like competition in 8-5a where anyone can beat anyone if you are prepared. Good luck vs. THE UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH PANOLA, cause you will need it, lol. We have a special group of athletes on this team we will bouce back and still compete in this tough region we call the SEC of prep football.

I am a Whitehaven fan and I would like to give props for germantown, their team as improved very much from last year's team. Germantown played a good and solid game. Offensively, whitehaven could not get it going. However, I knew it was going to be a long, long, night when I saw that the starting QB (#6) out with an injury. The back up QB (# 7) can not throw and makes the worst decisions while in the game as he demonstrated in friday's game. But that is not an excuse because our defense totally broke down and could not get the option in check. Hopefully we will be more prepared next time. I think this was a testimony of the sec-like competition in 8-5a where anyone can beat anyone if you are prepared. Good luck vs. THE UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH PANOLA, cause you will need it, lol. We have a special group of athletes on this team we will bouce back and still compete in this tough region we call the SEC of prep football.

I was not sure of a win by gtwn untill the clock showed 0:00. w/h has beaten gtwn many times before in the last 5 minutes or less. i.e. 3 t/d,s in 4 minutes for an incredible come from behind win. both teams should have very good seasons from the looks of things. w/h coaches and players showed a tremendous amount of class. w/h coaches demanded respect and got it. good luck for the rest of the season.

What happened with the Whitehaven starting QB?

The commentator said he was out because of a SINUS INFECTION, I may be wrong but that don't sound serious enough to miss one the most important games of the season if you ask me.

Wow, that's tough. A bad sinus infection is a monster, especially for something as physically demanding on the respiratory system as football. I hope he gets well soon. There is a lot of football to be played.

Edited by orangemoundwest

The commentator said he was out because of a SINUS INFECTION, I may be wrong but that don't sound serious enough to miss one the most important games of the season if you ask me.

Lasal2000:

That was my first game of the season and I wasn't aware thet #7 wasn't the starting QB. I thought he looked good back there, you mean there is another guy better then him? I was impressed with his mobility and his ability to throw the quick out pattern with a hard laser-like throw. Is #8 a senior or what? He is definately the fastest guy on the team. I like him at RB to be honest. Yes ... we are a passing team, even with the 2nd string QB, we moved the ball whenever we go to shotgun formation. That should be our formation of choice. Go to it and don't come out until the opposing team adjust their 'D'.

I was sick watching our team trying to stop the run. G-town consistantly got the corners ... all night long. I felt like vomiting! It will be a long season if the 'D' continues to be that soft. The 'O' is fine. But you can't win the tough ones if you can't stop the run. Period!

Lasal2000:

That was my first game of the season and I wasn't aware thet #7 wasn't the starting QB. I thought he looked good back there, you mean there is another guy better then him? I was impressed with his mobility and his ability to throw the quick out pattern with a hard laser-like throw. Is #8 a senior or what? He is definately the fastest guy on the team. I like him at RB to be honest. Yes ... we are a passing team, even with the 2nd string QB, we moved the ball whenever we go to shotgun formation. That should be our formation of choice. Go to it and don't come out until the opposing team adjust their 'D'.

I was sick watching our team trying to stop the run. G-town consistantly got the corners ... all night long. I felt like vomiting! It will be a long season if the 'D' continues to be that soft. The 'O' is fine. But you can't win the tough ones if you can't stop the run. Period!

Yes the starting QB #6 is much better. The starting QB from what I saw at the Melrose game is more accurate and makes better decisions.

Like you and everybody else (exept the whitehaven coaches) also believe that we need to have a pass first mentality so it can open up the run. We seem to be more successful with the pass. I also think that # 8 should utilized more as a running back or whatever, just as long as we get in his hands. The good news is #8 and the starting QB are JUNIORS!! We definately have potential to be very, very good however realizing that potential is a different story.Also, I was very surprised that we could not stop the run vs. g-town. G-town did a good job pounding it and then surprise us with a homerun pass for a TD. I think we will be recover and be ready to go vs. Trezavent-I HOPE.