Clinton Fans, what do you think?

Dragoons

Just wanting to talk a little Clinton Football. Maybe I'm dreaming but one or two key plays and the Dragons might of had something for Oak Ridge. Reality is that we are lacking some team speed but overall, very gutsy team effort. Quarterback looked great to me. Running game not bad but didn't look like there was a lot of holes to run in. Receivers made some hard catches but misses some of the routine ones. Overall, loved what I saw on the field. That freshmen Hazelhurst will stick it to you. Go Dragons and welcome back to competetive football.

Dream on. Oak Ridge played terrible and still won by 26 points. Tonight the Oak Ridge beat the Clinton Freshman 41-18 and the Clinton JV 39-0. Same old story for years to come. I don't think the future looks to bright after tonights games. Shattuck ran the clock in the JV after Oak Ridge started pounding them.. Sorry to say.. Your dream is just that.

I do think that the freshmen game would have been different had Hazelhurst and Sharpe played. They both start varsity for the Dragons. Oak Ridge's JV, WOW, where were those type of athletes Friday night? Are they just trying to keep the group together or what? The QB has a strong arm and has extremely athletic weapons in Rogers and Coffey. I would have put Oak Ridge's JV against their varsity Friday night. Stephens needs to get the ball to the two aforementioned young men under the lights on Friday nights. They are both extremely special. What happened to the Witherspoon kid?

This is CLINTON thread, not Oak Ridge. So as far as Clinton goes, I was impressed by the spirit and potential of the team. If they hang in there and support one another, they have the talent to win games. Give them a chance. Although that chance against Maryville doesn't look too strong, they will know that Clinton was there for the fight! :unsure:

i saw the jv game monday night and it looked like oak ridge was playing some of there starters on friday nights. they were very fast. they couldnt run the ball between the tackles. they threw screens and sweeps and with clinton not very deep at the secondary postions they just couldnt stop them. anyways oak ridge did have a bad game but clinton didnt play all the way to their potential either. i look for oak ridge to shake off that rough start and bounce back with a big win in week 2. as for the dragons im lookin for them to just compete. i dont really think they will have a chance aginst the rebels but i certainly dont look for the dragons to lay down!