Waverly

ihoop3s

Please excuse my friend jason counts sometimes he gets confused and excited at the same time but for the game friday night-This game will be played in the trenches and I did not like Richlands line play last friday night.Im not saying that they cant get it done but they didnt play to their full potential vs. Forrest.I look foward to going up to Waverly friday night and I hope both teams play hard and are injury free.

Go Raiders

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok last week is over, and enuf w/ bashin tha radio guys...they do a terrific job over here goin to all the tiger games and makin sure they r on the air as much as possible....i mean wouldnt u b upset if u team got shutout like we did last week...all right...now on to 2mar night!!

waverly and richland might as well b playin as it is for a spot in the playoffs...because basically its almost tha same...this game will decide alot for both teams...both teams have potential in this game and i look to see a long, hard faught game....this could actually end up being a good one 2 say may go into overtime...which waverly had many of last year.....but i say waverly bein on our home field will pull it out....21-24 waverly in 2/OT jus my opinion.....lets git em tigers!!

also..srry bout last week, i went to the game and it lookd to me that they werent playin as hard as iv seen them play before, but iv talkd 2 many of them this week and found out they did jus git tired, cramps, and soar...so actually not prepared is kinda the word...mayb we can b prepared to play the full game this week....

ITS ABOUT TIME GUYS!!! im so ready, peprally 2day, went great!!! me and nwtf had front roll and we got our whole class goin!!! alrite, lets see if our school carries that momentum over 2 tha field 2night...its game day, time for sum good ol fashioned, hard faught 2A football....and richland.....yas beatin will start at 7...so dont b late...

GO TIGERS!!!!

ok..im so pumped for this game. It will come down to keeping Corey in the pocket. If Waverly can do that, we are in good shape. Richland's defense had a tough time last week with Forrest's RB, but he was very good. I look to see a good game for JT Blue tonight, be prepared. Home field advantage means a lot in this game. It's a long ride from Richland to Waverly. Richland and Waverly tonight, come out and see some good ol' 2-A football tonight...

Lets Go Tigers....!!!!!

Game started off with Waverly kicking an onside kick. Waverly recovered. What a suprise, what a way to start off region games. Well, it was all defense..back and forth football as expected by most. Richland got the ball down inside the 15, but fumbled. Waverly didn't do much offensively the 1st half either.

2nd Half

The first score was on a FG kicked by Corbin Jones from about 25-30 yards out. Waverly Central didn't get the TD because of a toss that corrupted on the outside and an offensive lineman jumping. After the FG it was of course 3-0. Richland drove the ball down inside the 20 once again, but once they got there, it all fell apart. It was 3rd and about 8, and Corey Pickett got pushed outside the pocket, he was about to get sacked and threw it out of bounds. There was no flag, but there should have been as soon as the ball didn't go past the line of scrimmage. The refs discussed it, and they threw in the flag. Which resulted in a loss of down. That made it 4th and goal from the 20. Once again, Corey was rushed outside of the pocket, he was hit by Critter Howell as soon as he threw it up, to about 5 Blue Jerseys and 1 white one. Wavo knocked the ball down and took over on their own 22. I cant remember if it was the first play or second, but they handed the ball off to Jake Scurlock, and he went about 77 and a half yards. Richland was then penalized..(half the distance to the goal) for a kid throwing a helmet. The next play JT Blue punched it in for the score. After the PAT the score was 10-0. With about 42 tics left Richlad got the ball back. They couldnt do much with it, ran two plays, and it was awful, didn't get the third off though.

Tigers Win and are 1-0 in Region play after a 10-0 Victory over Richland..

Overall, I was pleased very much so with the Tigers Heightened agression and physical play. The defense did great for the most part. But the 2nd half was much better for Waverly on both sides of the ball. The line was much improved the second half as well. I can't say enough about the LB's tonight, great job boys. Coaching staff, great job Coach Cash, Coach Graves, Coach Neblett, Coach McCloud, Coach Nolan up in the booth, if i left anyone out i apologize.

Ok, injury report..Alex Green had cramps tonight, but that will be worked out of course. Jesse Brown for the Tigers messed up his knee pretty bad so i hear. Best of Luck to Ole Number 57. As for the Raiders, the only one i know of is Corey Pickett, he got banged up pretty bad, i dont the extent, he could just be sore or something, but he seemed pretty banged up anyways. Best of Luck to Cor..

Woo Hoo!! The game was great tonight, thats the most people I've seen standing up in a long time for the Tiger Team. Thanks to everyone that came out and supported, and to all those that listened to it on the radio if you couldnt make it out. Thanks To Ricky Lee and Derrick Lewis doing the Broadcasting for us, it does a lot. We even sold every single program there, thats exciting. The band was great too!! woo what a night

Have a Great Labor Day weekend and be safe... :D

Just got back from this game....I was very impressed with Waverly's toughness on defense. The Tigers were popping the Raiders hard. I was not impressed with Pickett tonite. You can tell he misses Diaz...the option that was so effective last season was non-existent tonite...instead of stepping back and throwing he was scrambling all over when it wasn't necessary and the Tigers made him pay. I mean throw the ball out instead of taking a 20 yard loss. Waverly's offense was able to move the ball in the 2nd half better and was able to sustain some good looking drives. Congrats to the Tigers...we look forward to seeing you down the road :D

awsome game...thought it was goina stay 0-0 most of it tho....but thanks 2 our great kicker corbin jones...who im guessin is still 1 of the top n tha state...1st and 2nd quarters kinda made me nervous..kinda reminded me of last weeks game, but great job on dfense on both sides......congrats to everyone on a wonderful victory, this game will b brought up alot in the end of the season i know.....well lets keep it rollin...homecomin next week guys...against houston co....lets do some stompin and not let mcewne look like the better team in the county...speakin of mcewen, great game over there....21-20 in ot against a good forest team....mcewen went for the 2pt conversion but fell 1 yard short...sure woulda like 2 see them win that one...but neways...go tigers!

Game started off with Waverly kicking an onside kick. Waverly recovered. What a suprise, what a way to start off region games. Well, it was all defense..back and forth football as expected by most. Richland got the ball down inside the 15, but fumbled. Waverly didn't do much offensively the 1st half either.

2nd Half

The first score was on a FG kicked by Corbin Jones from about 25-30 yards out. Waverly Central didn't get the TD because of a toss that corrupted on the outside and an offensive lineman jumping. After the FG it was of course 3-0. Richland drove the ball down inside the 20 once again, but once they got there, it all fell apart. It was 3rd and about 8, and Corey Pickett got pushed outside the pocket, he was about to get sacked and threw it out of bounds. There was no flag, but there should have been as soon as the ball didn't go past the line of scrimmage. The refs discussed it, and they threw in the flag. Which resulted in a loss of down. That made it 4th and goal from the 20. Once again, Corey was rushed outside of the pocket, he was hit by Critter Howell as soon as he threw it up, to about 5 Blue Jerseys and 1 white one. Wavo knocked the ball down and took over on their own 22. I cant remember if it was the first play or second, but they handed the ball off to Jake Scurlock, and he went about 77 and a half yards. Richland was then penalized..(half the distance to the goal) for a kid throwing a helmet. The next play JT Blue punched it in for the score. After the PAT the score was 10-0. With about 42 tics left Richlad got the ball back. They couldnt do much with it, ran two plays, and it was awful, didn't get the third off though.

Tigers Win and are 1-0 in Region play after a 10-0 Victory over Richland..

Overall, I was pleased very much so with the Tigers Heightened agression and physical play. The defense did great for the most part. But the 2nd half was much better for Waverly on both sides of the ball. The line was much improved the second half as well. I can't say enough about the LB's tonight, great job boys. Coaching staff, great job Coach Cash, Coach Graves, Coach Neblett, Coach McCloud, Coach Nolan up in the booth, if i left anyone out i apologize.

Ok, injury report..Alex Green had cramps tonight, but that will be worked out of course. Jesse Brown for the Tigers messed up his knee pretty bad so i hear. Best of Luck to Ole Number 57. As for the Raiders, the only one i know of is Corey Pickett, he got banged up pretty bad, i dont the extent, he could just be sore or something, but he seemed pretty banged up anyways. Best of Luck to Cor..

Woo Hoo!! The game was great tonight, thats the most people I've seen standing up in a long time for the Tiger Team. Thanks to everyone that came out and supported, and to all those that listened to it on the radio if you couldnt make it out. Thanks To Ricky Lee and Derrick Lewis doing the Broadcasting for us, it does a lot. We even sold every single program there, thats exciting. The band was great too!! woo what a night

Have a Great Labor Day weekend and be safe... :thumb: