Maryville vs Clinton

coonhunter291

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Rebels play no competition till state semi's

boy, is that a dumb statement. Region 3 is always listed as the toughest 4a region in the state and not much has changed this year. If you are talking about MoWest, I think MoWest is a good team, but probably no better than number 3 if they played in this region.

As far as this game goes, Maryville can name the score.

Edited by medman

You guys say that there is plenty of comp. and then contradict yourself and say Maryville will go undefeated again for no telling how many times in the last so many years.

Maryville definitely has a run going. But nobody has beaten them lately, regardless of classification. They have had several tight games with Alcoa, Central and Powell, though. If it weren't for Maryville being in the way, Central would have played in some of the championship games that Maryville played in. And I know rankings don't always mean much, but look at which school is rated 2nd in 4a.

well clinton sure did force a few punts on oak ridge didnt they. since ur an oak ridge fan why dont u go talk about how oak ridge football and how their program is on a down fall.

Orange,

For a team who you think is in a down fall, OR beat your Clinton Dragons by 26 points, what does that say about your program? Your creditability as a poster, is what is in a down fall! Oak Ridge played poorly, and you still can't beat us! :P

Catback, and all other Clinton downers,

Oak Ridge played poorly in the second quarter, and that is ALL!! Clinton played really good, and if they had of scored before halftime, they got ball back after half, Clinton would of have been in the lead, and there is no telling what could of have happened, Oak Ridge is NOT down, Clinton is just MUCH better this year, still not as good as they should be, but sure are good enough to be in the playoffs! Oak Ridge is one of my favorite High School football teams, but if you dont watch yourself, you will turn me, and A LOT more people against them! Clinton has more heart in the football team, as far as the players go, around, and Clinton can do it, I aint saying beat Maryville, but Clinton can Surprise everyone, if the fans, and the players BELIEVE! I am just having faith in my football team, but when someone gets on downing Clinton players like you do, that just show that you have a COLD heart, Clinton players wake up just like Oak Ridge or Maryville, they put their pants on the same old way that Maryville and Oak Ridge do, they fuss at their mama, the same way that Oak Ridge or Maryville players do, and there is NO reason why that Clinton cannot do the Same thing that Maryville and Oak Ridge do!! You might not think that they can, but I KNOW that they can beat Maryville, If they play at their hardest potential!!!! :P

Edited by coonhunter291

Rebel, those 7/8 graders are going to get their chance to play Oak Ridge in '09. Can't wait for that one. What would it draw, 12,000?-15,000?

I hope that we could draw 15,000. Lets see 15,000 x $5.00 = $75,000 gate. I am sure that starting in 09, there will be some GREAT GAMES between Oak Ridge and Maryville. That is why we like to send our 7th and 8th grade teams to play good teams now.

You guys say that there is plenty of comp. and then contradict yourself and say Maryville will go undefeated again for no telling how many times in the last so many years.

Why don't you try reading a little more and flapping your lips a little less. We did not contradict ourselves and we did not say that Maryville will go undefeated. All we said was that your statement of "The Rebels play no competition till state semi's" was ignorant since they play in the toughest Region in 4A ball. We also said that Maryville has the POTENTIAL to win it all again- not that they definitely would. If you truly are what your screen name says, then you would understand the difference.

Orange, if you call being ranked #1 in the state "on the downfall" then I guess we're on the downfall. Apparently you didn't see the freshmen and JV games. Actually, we are in the process of reloading big time. This team is getting better by the day, and the future is super bright. I really haven't seen anybody "downing" Clinton players. Some people on here don't think Clinton is any good, but that's just their opinion. Get over it.