Maryville vs Clinton

coonhunter291

Just because Clinton doesnt have a good JV or Freshmen team, doesnt mean that Clinton wont be good in the future, at Clinton, it is VARSITY Football, and Basketball season, and that is ALL that we worry about, and have you seen Clinton's JV schedule? why would you practice a lot to be good, when the only team our JV and Freshmen play is Oak Ridge????

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coon, you don't get it. The JV IS next years varsity, you better worry about it, if you ever want to be any good. If JV and freshmen only play one game, then thats why the varsity isn't any good. what do expect them to go out on the field as varsity players with no experience? No wonder Clinton has won 2 games in 3 years.

The only game that the Clinton JV plays is against OR, Clinton doesnt have a JV team, they just put young bad players out to play, that is what I meant, Oak Ridge does have a bright future, but I seen it, and OR started some of the players that he started Fri. night!!!! Clinton started 4 freshmen in the game Friday night, and Played A LOT more, one of them, Westin Hazlehurst, had the most tackles for the whole game, for any team, and he is a Freshmen, Clinton has A VERY bright future ahead of them, and even this year.

Edited by coonhunter291

Yeah, our whole team is young and they need to get out there and play. If you are not a senior or junior, you play JV football if you need the reps. Our varsity plays a number of sophomores. I know it gets old losing year after year, week after week, but you need to take your frustrations out on somebody besides Oak Ridge. The two programs are night and day. Can't wait to play Clinton at Blankenship next year for yet another whippin'.

I think you said it best yourself, Coon, "They just put young bad players out to play". What are you saving the good ones, what kind of thinking is that. That's like a guy at Jeff County told me last year, "We have a lot big fast players, but coach will only play the small slow ones" Get real, Coon

Catback, and all other Clinton downers,

Oak Ridge played poorly in the second quarter, and that is ALL!! Clinton played really good, and if they had of scored before halftime, they got ball back after half, Clinton would of have been in the lead, and there is no telling what could of have happened, Oak Ridge is NOT down, Clinton is just MUCH better this year, still not as good as they should be, but sure are good enough to be in the playoffs! Oak Ridge is one of my favorite High School football teams, but if you dont watch yourself, you will turn me, and A LOT more people against them! Clinton has more heart in the football team, as far as the players go, around, and Clinton can do it, I aint saying beat Maryville, but Clinton can Surprise everyone, if the fans, and the players BELIEVE! I am just having faith in my football team, but when someone gets on downing Clinton players like you do, that just show that you have a COLD heart, Clinton players wake up just like Oak Ridge or Maryville, they put their pants on the same old way that Maryville and Oak Ridge do, they fuss at their mama, the same way that Oak Ridge or Maryville players do, and there is NO reason why that Clinton cannot do the Same thing that Maryville and Oak Ridge do!! You might not think that they can, but I KNOW that they can beat Maryville, If they play at their hardest potential!!!! :lol:

Sorry Coony, but, my post was a response to Orangehead, I'm not a "downer" on Clinton or a basher, you need to reel in Orangehead, as long as he continues to 'bash" Oak Ridge, I will defend them! My problem is not with you, nor vice versa.

The Rebels play no competition till state semi's

I guess that Alcoa,Central and Powell stink?

Alcoa is a 7 time state champ. They will win state again this year.

Besides Maryville. Central has been the best 4A team in East Tennessee the last 2 years.

When Powell plays up to their potential they are hard to beat.

the jv team has like 7 games this year. when you have people like oak ridge that play some starters on friday night in a jv game then u should expect them to beat a clinton team who doesn't play the friday night starters nor people who get in a contribute on friday night. i can understand maybe playing some of the people that play varsity but dont start and are looking to become starters on monday night but people who do start, your just asking for an injury.

That's exactly what we did Orange, we played some Friday nighters, but no starters. We have sophomores all over the field on Friday night, and sophomores play JV, that's how high school football works. Now I'm outta here cause this is a Maryville thread, but like Catback, I will also defend the Wildcats against your nonsense. We're just asking for an injury, please! Why are you still trying to poor mouth Oak Ridge, I know it gets frustrating losing all the time, but you better worry about Maryville and get over it.

Now boys, lets play nice. Tonights game is just this, State Super Power vs. Improving Dragons team. What can the Dragon fans hope for in this one? Hopefully the same intensity that they brought to the Oak Ridge game. A win isn't expected but if the Dragons continue to improve and play hard, this is the kind of game that will make them better and increase their belief in themselves that they can compete at this level. They need to at least compete and I think that they will do just that. When we finally get to some of the other teams in the district, we fully expect to win.

Go Dragons and boys, lets leave Oak Ridge out of this.

Orange Crush you are what brings out the best in Clinton bashers. Oak Ridge played 0 starters in the JV game. Find another message board because you don't have a clue. Let your hate for Oak Ridge go because it will only make you old before your time. Same with you Coon. Name the starters that played Friday night. Sorry. I respect your posts a little more. I will just say you are mistaken. Crush you hate.

Coffey, for one