ALCOA

pharmacist

first of all you can't even compare GP and fulton because you haven't seen goodpasture play and your still basing your facts off of 05. But yea hats off you killed GP last yr and beat them by 42 points just like you beat fulton by 42 points last yr too. i just wanted to say new season, teams dont stay the same they either get worse or better. i'm not gonna lie I'd have a big head too if i was back to back state champs. good luck to both teams.

You can say what ever you want to say we are not cocky were confident. And we know who ever plays us in state will get beat.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, you're real sensitive. Plus you keep distorting what I have said. Number 1, I never said that you don't have a right to back Goodpasture. I said that until you beat Alcoa, you don't have a right to spout off how Goodpasture is better than Alcoa.

Second, I never said that the same thing would happen this year. Instead of a 6 TD difference, it might only be 3 or 4.

Third, I never said that Goodpasture does not have any speed. It's just that Alcoa is alot faster. Don't get depressed or upset over that comment but it's just that traditionally Alcoa is one of the top 2-3 fastest teams in Tennessee.

Fourth, you have said several times that I have not watched Goodpasture play. How many times do I have to tell you that I have not watched them play????

What I do know is this. The 5 teams that Alcoa has played have a combined record of 22-5. Goodpasture's opponents have a combined record of 13-13. Pope John Paul II is 3-3. Lipscomb is 4-1 (good record) but Alcoa would beat Lipscomb.

Goodpasture also has had a couple of games in which they have fumbled more than 5 times in the game. Guarantee you this: if you lay the ball down against Alcoa more than twice,you are in for a long night.

And finally, Goodpasture has had a couple of games in which they have completed 1 pass or 3 passes. To beat Alcoa, you need about 250-300 yards passing and you better not have any interceptions.

Let's see how well your statistics are about Alcoa.

I still say Goodpasture will best Alcoa this year.

Second, I think Goodpasture wins by 10 or more this year.

Third, No Alcoa is not fast than Goodpasture this year.

Lineman maybe but not RB's by no means and not DB's or LB's, it just won't happen.

Fourth The reason I keep asking you that question is that if you had seen them play this year, you would not be coming up with these crazy notions on how Aloca is going to roll over Goodpasture because you they did it last year and if they did last year, they can do it again but teams change.

The other thing is that you give the breakdown of the teams both have played and you forget rather quickly, Alcoa is 3-2.....That is two losses! That is 0 for Goodpasture!

Pretty good with the stats on Goodpasture fumbles but what you failed to research is that it was the second, third and fourth strings that came in after the game was completly out of reach. Any fumbles that have been made on the first string usually end up with the opposing team going backwards and punting the ball aftet they get the ball. The Defense is very good as you can tell by only giving up very few points this year. JP points were all by Golden Tate, say no more. Lipscomb scored 13 but the last touchdown was scored with 7 seconds left in the game and Goodpasture was in prevent. Fairview scored 19 points. 6 points were scored on the first string after is was 21-0. The third and forth stings gave up the other 13

points but final score being 62-19. They also gave up 7 to BGA and 0 to FRA. Pretty strong I would say.

Finally, Goodpasture is primarly a running team (They average 365 yards a game, they have 3 running backs with over 250 yards and two more with over 200 yards for this year. Most of these running baks have these number on very few carries.) and they will run a lot on Alcoa I don't care how good you say the defense is. Also, Goodpasture has a QB that they will use if they need to start passing and beleive me, he will put up the numbers.

I have seen Alcoa's scores to Region teams (Cannot find any stats on any websites but have seen the scores) and I know they have no competition in their region so I expect to see high scores from them in those games. The Tyner game should give them a test but I don't expect them to lose that one either but they will not win the State this year.

Goodpasture is on a mission. Last year they were just happy to be there and it showed. This year they are taking it to a new level and will not stop till they get past Alcoa in the State Championship.

I still say Goodpasture will best Alcoa this year.

Second, I think Goodpasture wins by 10 or more this year.

Third, No Alcoa is not fast than Goodpasture this year.

Lineman maybe but not RB's by no means and not DB's or LB's, it just won't happen.

Fourth The reason I keep asking you that question is that if you had seen them play this year, you would not be coming up with these crazy notions on how Aloca is going to roll over Goodpasture because you they did it last year and if they did last year, they can do it again but teams change.

The other thing is that you give the breakdown of the teams both have played and you forget rather quickly, Alcoa is 3-2.....That is two losses! That is 0 for Goodpasture!

Pretty good with the stats on Goodpasture fumbles but what you failed to research is that it was the second, third and fourth strings that came in after the game was completly out of reach. Any fumbles that have been made on the first string usually end up with the opposing team going backwards and punting the ball aftet they get the ball. The Defense is very good as you can tell by only giving up very few points this year. JP points were all by Golden Tate, say no more. Lipscomb scored 13 but the last touchdown was scored with 7 seconds left in the game and Goodpasture was in prevent. Fairview scored 19 points. 6 points were scored on the first string after is was 21-0. The third and forth stings gave up the other 13

points but final score being 62-19. They also gave up 7 to BGA and 0 to FRA. Pretty strong I would say.

Finally, Goodpasture is primarly a running team (They average 365 yards a game, they have 3 running backs with over 250 yards and two more with over 200 yards for this year. Most of these running baks have these number on very few carries.) and they will run a lot on Alcoa I don't care how good you say the defense is. Also, Goodpasture has a QB that they will use if they need to start passing and beleive me, he will put up the numbers.

I have seen Alcoa's scores to Region teams (Cannot find any stats on any websites but have seen the scores) and I know they have no competition in their region so I expect to see high scores from them in those games. The Tyner game should give them a test but I don't expect them to lose that one either but they will not win the State this year.

Goodpasture is on a mission. Last year they were just happy to be there and it showed. This year they are taking it to a new level and will not stop till they get past Alcoa in the State Championship.

The 2 region games have been over in the first quarter. Loudon, ranked #3 at the time couldn't even give Alcoa a game. With the exception of CPA who does Goodpasture play??? The statistic about the records I quoted tells a good story. Alcoa has been tested a whole lot more than Goodpasture this year.

Alcoa has played 3 #1 ranked teams and even though they have lost to 2 of those teams, the games have been toss ups. Like I have said, if Alcoa can almost beat Maryville (ranked #23 in the US) and if they can come a few yards from beating Fulton (#1 in 3A), and if they can beat McCallie (ranked #1 in D-II 3A at the time, who has beaten Riverdale and Brentwood Academy this year) then beating Goodpasture will not be as difficult a task.

Remember I said that Alcoa's opponents are 22-5 this year. Of the 5 losses, 3 have come by Alcoa. Which means, that of the first 5 opponents Alcoa has played this year, only 2 other teams have beaten their competition.

Alcoa is overall better than last year, despite losing 3 very very good starters. New coach, new QB; they are beginning to gel. Not to mention that there are probably 3-6 players who will play D-I football

The beasts are still in the east

Yeah, I understand what you are saying but have you seen Golden Tate play?? Just to be brief the guy is simply amazing. All I was trying to say was that Goodpasture won't see another back like him by far. Rae Sykes great player but Goodpasture has some lineman that might not be able to hang with him speed wise but strenghth wise definately. If Bart Hicks was the defensive MVP from last year I'm pretty sure he had 9 tackles last yr. We all have are opinions, yes Alcoa will always be the champs until someone beats them. But until someone beats them we will all have our opinions. I do understand why still look at Goodpasture as a joke...Hey you beat them 55-13 last year, why not think that? But I've seen Goodpasture play and are far from a joke.

Golden Tate is a good back but it's not like Alcoa has backs that are slow and clumsy. Chris Shiverdecker is as good a back that you can find in Tennessee. He is especially good when Randall Cobb completes 9 of 10 passes for almost 300 yards, like he did against Loudon. Alcoa is just as explosive in the pass as the run. Goodpasture has not seen an offense like Alcoa's.

I don't think Goodpasture is a joke. For a 2A school they are very good, but Alcoa has just been on another level than the other 2A school for over 3 years now.

first of all you can't even compare GP and fulton because you haven't seen goodpasture play and your still basing your facts off of 05. But yea hats off you killed GP last yr and beat them by 42 points just like you beat fulton by 42 points last yr too. i just wanted to say new season, teams dont stay the same they either get worse or better. i'm not gonna lie I'd have a big head too if i was back to back state champs. good luck to both teams.

I'm basing my opinion on what I saw Fulton do. They are tremendously fast and athletic on defense. Goodpasture may have size, but I can promise that Alcoa is faster in just about every position. Also, over the last 3 years, Alcoa has developed strength that has enabled them to play smash mouth ball when the need to.

Again, Fulton is way and beyond Goodpasture as is Maryville. Do you thnk Goodpasture could beat Maryville or Fulton??????

The 2 region games have been over in the first quarter. Loudon, ranked #3 at the time couldn't even give Alcoa a game. With the exception of CPA who does Goodpasture play??? The statistic about the records I quoted tells a good story. Alcoa has been tested a whole lot more than Goodpasture this year.

Alcoa has played 3 #1 ranked teams and even though they have lost to 2 of those teams, the games have been toss ups. Like I have said, if Alcoa can almost beat Maryville (ranked #23 in the US) and if they can come a few yards from beating Fulton (#1 in 3A), and if they can beat McCallie (ranked #1 in D-II 3A at the time, who has beaten Riverdale and Brentwood Academy this year) then beating Goodpasture will not be as difficult a task.

Remember I said that Alcoa's opponents are 22-5 this year. Of the 5 losses, 3 have come by Alcoa. Which means, that of the first 5 opponents Alcoa has played this year, only 2 other teams have beaten their competition.

Alcoa is overall better than last year, despite losing 3 very very good starters. New coach, new QB; they are beginning to gel. Not to mention that there are probably 3-6 players who will play D-I football

If you think beating Goodpasture is not going to be a difficult task you have another thing coming. As I said before, Goodpasture will beat the tornadoes in the east. Alcoa has played a tough schedule in 3 games, the rest of the schedule I fully expect to see them ring up 60 on their opponents. The same goes for Goodpasture except for CPA which has a great QB that will keep them honest.

Both teams will have one really tough opponent (Who are the top 2 opponents that Alcoa will face, Tyner and who?) to get by in the playoffs. If both come out of all of those games with no serious injuries, it will be a great game at the Championship. A lot can happen between now and then but one thing that will not happen is me changing my mind about how Goodpasture is going to beat Aloca this year in the State Championship. The Gold Ball is coming back to Goodpasture where it belongs.

If you think beating Goodpasture is not going to be a difficult task you have another thing coming. As I said before, Goodpasture will beat the tornadoes in the east. Alcoa has played a tough schedule in 3 games, the rest of the schedule I fully expect to see them ring up 60 on their opponents. The same goes for Goodpasture except for CPA which has a great QB that will keep them honest.

Both teams will have one really tough opponent (Who are the top 2 opponents that Alcoa will face, Tyner and who?) to get by in the playoffs. If both come out of all of those games with no serious injuries, it will be a great game at the Championship. A lot can happen between now and then but one thing that will not happen is me changing my mind about how Goodpasture is going to beat Aloca this year in the State Championship. The Gold Ball is coming back to Goodpasture where it belongs.

It doesn't belong in Goodpasture, you've only won 3. We have more than you do. Alcoa will probably have to go through Tyner, Loudon, and Gatlinburg-Pittman. Tyner should be the toughest of those 3. They also play Booker T Washington out of Memphis (who is undefeated).

And I am not going to change my mind that Alcoa is on another level than the rest of 2A

if it belongs in Goodpasture(which it never will) then you would have more chapionships then us which you dont. that is fact. Alsoo goodpasture will be lucky to stay with in 21 of Alcoa this year if, and that is a big if, they make it to state.

Edited by Bigboy99

It doesn't belong in Goodpasture, you've only won 3. We have more than you do. Alcoa will probably have to go through Tyner, Loudon, and Gatlinburg-Pittman. Tyner should be the toughest of those 3. They also play Booker T Washington out of Memphis (who is undefeated).

And I am not going to change my mind that Alcoa is on another level than the rest of 2A

At least we agree on something. That is going to be an easy task for Alcoa except for Tyner. I do not know much about Booker T except that they are undefeated. Goodpasture will have to play either Lewis Co., Camden and or Huntingdon. I know they will have to play 2 of the 3 unless CPA beats one of them. Last year they had to go to Camden and Huntingdon came up to Goodpasture. It will be just the opposite this year. I have seen Camden and Huntingdon but I do not know much about Lewis Co. Whoever it is Goodpasture will play will be the last stumbling block to get to the State to face Alcoa. Looking forward to watching 2 great teams play each other. Good luck with the season and that Alcoa being on another level thing and if it all works out, we will find out on the field who takes the Gold ball back to (Goodpasture) there school.

At least we agree on something. That is going to be an easy task for Alcoa except for Tyner. I do not know much about Booker T except that they are undefeated. Goodpasture will have to play either Lewis Co., Camden and or Huntingdon. I know they will have to play 2 of the 3 unless CPA beats one of them. Last year they had to go to Camden and Huntingdon came up to Goodpasture. It will be just the opposite this year. I have seen Camden and Huntingdon but I do not know much about Lewis Co. Whoever it is Goodpasture will play will be the last stumbling block to get to the State to face Alcoa. Looking forward to watching 2 great teams play each other. Good luck with the season and that Alcoa being on another level thing and if it all works out, we will find out on the field who takes the Gold ball back to (Goodpasture) there school.

You really dont relize what youall are gettng in to, do you? This is not CPA or any other west tennessee high school this is EAST tennessee football were the #1 1A, 2A, 3A, 4A, 5A and DivsionII 3A teams lie. and we have beat one of them and lost to the other two we played by a combine score of 6. we scrimaged oak ridge and beat them by more than 40( not counting are qauterback break aways). This is tradition in are city not hope.

Edited by Bigboy99

As an Alcoa fan, I fear Huntingdon more than Goodpasture. Anyway, I never have heard what you all think Goodpasture would do against Maryville or Fulton???

Also, Gatlinburg-Pittman is undefeated as well. Although, since Alcoa beat them last year 91-7 I'm not sure what to think about their record.

Edited by UTKCLASSOF2002