ALCOA

pharmacist

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After seeing the Alcoa Maryville game Fri I really don't see any 2A team getting in their way on this years quest to 3peat. I know that Mcallie beat Riverdale-but I just see this year's Alcoa team as more focused, more team oriented, more disciplined and I dare say more talented(more than just a few skill players). I see them bringing that Gold Ball back home and I see more of them in (Rankin's) Alcoa future...

Alcoa's first five games this year are by far the toughest stretch of the regular season. At Maryville, at CAK, then at home with Fulton, Loudon, and McCallie. I don't look for any of the remaining four games in that group to be easy. CAK is determined to regain some respect after losing twice to Alcoa last year. Plus, they have us on their home field. Fulton is on a quest for a return trip to State. Losing at home to Alcoa last year still stings. Loudon is definitely eager for another opportunity to face Alcoa after two shutouts last year. It has been said by a few Alcoa players that McCallie's QB is the best they have faced in three years.

These will all be very exciting games!

McCallie and Fulton will be Alcoa's only challenge until semis and or the championship game. Loudon is not even close to the firepower to compete with Alcoa this year. Next year Alcoa will more resemble a 2A team, at least for one year.

McCallie is Division II and Fulton is AAA. Even if Alcoa loses both of those games, all they have to do is get by CAK and then beat up on a few outmatched AA schools. Rankin shouldn't have any problem doing that with the talent he has.

Alcoa has a good chance at winning the remainder of their games. CAK should not provide too much of a challenge. Fulton should be more competitive than they were last year but I'm not sure they can throw the ball well enough to win. Rogan is a great back but I don't believe he will run for 200+ yards on Alcoa like he did against A-E.

Loudon has 1 great player. They lost too many starters from last year's team to beat Alcoa. Although I do think that they might actually score this year though.

The game that will give Alcoa the most trouble is McCallie. If you want to see an offense that can move the ball, McCallie is it. The QB play at McCallie is the best in Tennessee. He is very efficient and accurate. Alcoa's D will definitely need to be at the top of their game or it might be a shootout (like last year). It would not surprise me to see Alcoa win all these games.

Having said that, Fulton and McCallie are not in Alcoa's division. It is unlikely that anyone in 2A can stop Alcoa

Don't count Goodpasture out. Physically, they are big, strong and athletic on the line. I'm sure some would think, "just look at last year's Blue Cross Bowl. Alcoa blew out Goodpasture."

That was last year. Alcoa fans should remember that in 2003, they lost big to Lipscomb in the semi-finals and then came back with a team that was a year older the next year and beat Lipscomb by several touchdowns. Goodpasture returns a lot of starters from last year.

It would be fun to see a rematch of last year's 2A title game. Alcoa may very well repeat as champs-the Maryville score means that they are still very good-but a rematch would be a much better game than last year.

Edited by tackle

Don't count Goodpasture out. Physically, they are big, strong and athletic on the line. I'm sure some would think, "just look at last year's Blue Cross Bowl. Alcoa blew out Goodpasture."

That was last year. Alcoa fans should remember that in 2003, they lost big to Lipscomb in the semi-finals and then came back with a team that was a year older the next year and beat Lipscomb by several touchdowns. Goodpasture returns a lot of starters from last year.

It would be fun to see a rematch of last year's 2A title game. Alcoa may very well repeat as champs-the Maryville score means that they are still very good-but a rematch would be a much better game than last year.

The difference is that Alcoa is better than last year. Their line is more physical and faster. They are quicker in the backfield. The defense is alot better than a year ago. I do not doubt that Goodpasture is better. But, so is Alcoa. As for the Lipscomb matches, Alcoa did improve between 03 and 04 but I'm not sure about Lipscomb.

I am stunned that this is even a question. Alcoa will win the 2A title easily.

Alcoa should win the championship. But things often don't turn out like they should. In '03 Milan had the best team in the state and got beat in the semi's. Just never know.

this shouldn't even be a topic everyone knows that Alcoa will have know problem in winning state this year. the line is way better than last year and the deffense is a lot better without reid getting in the way of Nix and Cambell this year.

You could definately benefit by the addition of spellcheck. :thumb: