ALCOA

pharmacist

I never thought losing the the future 3A and 4A state champions by a total combined score of 6 points and beating the future Div II 3A state champions by 3pts is considered "taking a step back" ....WOW, i hope goodpasture does make it. They do have a tough road ahead of them with teams liek Huntingdon and Milan in the playoffs. But hey when your top competition is 2A teams like Milan and Huntingdon (which you only see in the playoffs and you only get 1 of them) i guess you can compete with anyteam that plays future upper class State champions

...not to mention that one of those teams is nationally ranked in the top 25. We were THAT close to beating them! And, it was our first game of the season with our qb's first start in a varsity game.

And, not to mention that Fulton has drastically improved since last year.

I still say Alcoa's schedule is tougher.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JP II is about the same as last years team from a person who was at

the game when they played Goodpasture. And for as how good they are, they just beat MBA last night by 7 points and MBA is tops in Div. II every single year.

David Lipscomb has a really good football team and will probaly go to the 3A state championship this year or at least go far into the playoffs. Just like Aloca, Goodpasture has played 2 really good teams outside of 2A but only difference being that Goodpasture won there games and Alcoa did not.

I am not going to sit here and watch someone run Goodpasture in the ground because of one game played a year ago (THE bottom line is that until Goodpasture beats Alcoa they have no room to talk). As far as the penalty happening, that is just part of the game. A lot of penalties happen during the course of games so that is not an excuse to use. I could have said that about '00 at Goodpasture about several penalties in that game that would have had Goodpasture winning but that is just part of all games played and in '01 the punt was blocked leading Goodpasture to a victory at Alcoa.

Yes Alcoa did beat Goodpasture in the 70's when Goodpasture just started their school. That was before my time so I do not know much about the history back then(Goodpasture est. 1965). I do know there history in the more recent years and more importantly, I know about there history of Goodpasture playing Alcoa. They are two great teams that give all they have when they play each other. I love watching high school football especially when these two teams meet.

We disagree on the middle ground of their series. Alcoa are the defending Champions until proven otherwise this year. My opinion is that Goodpasture will beat Alcoa and prove otherwise.

Goodpasture may have played a couple of good teams outside of 2A, but in no way are they as good as Maryville, Fulton, and McCallie. Alcoa could have been 3-0 against those teams but end up 1-2. Goodpasture without question would be 0-3 against them.

Goodpasture hasn't just played nobody. They play Lipscomb and CPA (both top 10 mid-state) and JPII, who has the most dominate player in the state (Golden Tate). If GP and Alcoa's schedules were complete oppisite we would still be having the same conversation. IMO Alcoa has some what took a step back (the fulton game says it all) and Goodpasture has really stepped up. Last yr Alcoa was really good and Goodpasture was just good enough to make it to state. This yr I see something different, I saw goodpasture play and trust me they are loaded with runningbacks and If we see another Alcoa Goodpasture match up I see it being a tough matchup unlike last yr with GP's defense playing like they are(If Golden Tate by himself can't drop 55 on GP like last yr then Alcoa sure cant do it as a team again either). Good luck to both teams and hope to see you teams in the boro for 06.

Fulton would handle Goodpasture easily. Alcoa would be too much for Goodpasture because of Alcoa's speed. It was obvious last year and the argument could be made that Alcoa is even faster than a year ago. Too much discipline, too much speed, and too many athletes for Goodpasture to handle.

Goodpasture still wins this year!

You are only kidding yourself, maybe even dreaming. The only way Goodpasture wins is if Alcoa doesn't show up and plays their worse game of the year. Even if Alcoa plays their worse game more than likely it will be good enough to win. Too many athletes, too much speed, way too disciplined, too many skill players, and way too tested for Goodpasture.

You are only kidding yourself, maybe even dreaming. The only way Goodpasture wins is if Alcoa doesn't show up and plays their worse game of the year. Even if Alcoa plays their worse game more than likely it will be good enough to win. Too many athletes, too much speed, way too disciplined, too many skill players, and way too tested for Goodpasture.

No, Goodpasture will win the State this year, Period.

It seems that you have not watched Goodpasture play in person at all this year. They have no atheletes, no speed, no discipline and no skill players at all, never been tested by any team and yet Goodpasture will still will win the State this year. They have changed a lot since last year. After this year Goodpasture will drop off some. (But only in the line not the skilled positions.) They have a lot of starting seniors on the team this year.

No, Goodpasture will win the State this year, Period.

It seems that you have not watched Goodpasture play in person at all this year. They have no atheletes, no speed, no discipline and no skill players at all, never been tested by any team and yet Goodpasture will still will win the State this year. They have changed a lot since last year. After this year Goodpasture will drop off some. (But only in the line not the skilled positions.) They have a lot of starting seniors on the team this year.

I have not seen them play nor have I claimed to see them play. Plus I have never said that Goodpasture does not have any athletes, speed, or discipline. The difference between Alcoa and Goodpasture is that everything Alcoa has is better. You obviously have not seen Alcoa play this year. Anything Goodpasture has Alcoa can match it.

Apparently beating then #1 McCallie was not enough to put Alcoa in the top spot, even though their only losses came to Fulton (1st in 3a) by 3, and Maryville (1st in 4a, 23 in nation) by 3. Even though the rankings don't matter, I feel sorry for Alcoas remaining opponents, I am sure they will be used to show their superiority and dominance. I am still shocked they aren't #1. It should be an offensive show for the rest of the year. I though defeating once #3 Loudon would of gave them more credit. You would think the back to back 2a defending champs would get a little credit for playing up, even if they barely lost.

I have not seen them play nor have I claimed to see them play. Plus I have never said that Goodpasture does not have any athletes, speed, or discipline. The difference between Alcoa and Goodpasture is that everything Alcoa has is better. You obviously have not seen Alcoa play this year. Anything Goodpasture has Alcoa can match it.

Wow you really haven't seen Goodpasture play! I live in Nashville and was still able to catch an Alcoa game(definatley not the 2005 team). Trust me your dwelling too much off of last yr when goodpasture IMO was just an average team. It's a whole new yr. And to say Alcoa has everything better than goodpasture??? I say goodpasture's running game is top 5 in the state. Alcoa's line has absolutely nothing on GP's o-line and thats a fact! If you say you shut down the run last yr... Put it this way Lipsomb last yr, shut down GP to 60 yrds rushing and GP against Alcoa put up over 200 (didnt seem like it because of the score). This yr against Lipscomb Goodpasture put up a SEASON LOW!!! 293 yrds rushing on Lipscomb. Imagine how they would play againt Alcoa. Goodpasture has a whole new fresh batch of running backs. Alcoa has a better passing game IMO because Goodpasture plays smash-mouth. Both defenses are pretty good from what I saw.

Edited by thekid2000

Wow you really haven't seen Goodpasture play! I live in Nashville and was still able to catch an Alcoa game(definatley not the 2005 team). Trust me your dwelling too much off of last yr when goodpasture IMO was just an average team. It's a whole new yr. And to say Alcoa has everything better than goodpasture??? I say goodpasture's running game is top 5 in the state. Alcoa's line has absolutely nothing on GP's o-line and thats a fact! If you say you shut down the run last yr... Put it this way Lipsomb last yr, shut down GP to 60 yrds rushing and GP against Alcoa put up over 200 (didnt seem like it because of the score). This yr against Lipscomb Goodpasture put up a SEASON LOW!!! 293 yrds rushing on Lipscomb. Imagine how they would play againt Alcoa. Goodpasture has a whole new fresh batch of running backs. Alcoa has a better passing game IMO because Goodpasture plays smash-mouth. Both defenses are pretty good from what I saw.

Hey, I bet Lipscomb has a different team this year, too!

Sorry, until Goodpasture plays some #1's in different classes and beats them, I won't believe they're better than Alcoa. Look at the Strength in Schedule: Alcoa is #3, Goodpasture is #30. True, GP is #1 with Strength + Success and Alcoa is #3, but if Alcoa played GP's schedule, they'd be #1, too.

If Goodpasture makes it to the Blue Cross Bowl, guess we'll know who's better. Until then, it's all speculation.

Edited by tornadogold

Apparently beating then #1 McCallie was not enough to put Alcoa in the top spot, even though their only losses came to Fulton (1st in 3a) by 3, and Maryville (1st in 4a, 23 in nation) by 3. Even though the rankings don't matter, I feel sorry for Alcoas remaining opponents, I am sure they will be used to show their superiority and dominance. I am still shocked they aren't #1. It should be an offensive show for the rest of the year. I though defeating once #3 Loudon would of gave them more credit. You would think the back to back 2a defending champs would get a little credit for playing up, even if they barely lost.

It's okay that Alcoa isn't ranked #1 in some polls...I don't think rankings matter until Dec. 1. That's the night when the Alcoa boys will show the state who's been #1 in 2A all season!