ALCOA

pharmacist

Do you have any details on this game? The last score I saw was 17-15 Alcoa, then the final. Did McCallie ever take the lead after being down 17-9?

Yes, they did. They scored a touchdown which made the score 21-17, went for 2 but the pass into the end zone was intercepted.

This was definitely a nailbiter. McCallie attempted a field goal (with the score 24-21) with less than 10 seconds left, but it just barely curved to the right of the upright.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL i like how goodpasture still thinks they can beat alcoa...whats the all time record 3-1 Alcoa and the 1 loss was because of a blocked punt at the end of the game and everyone in the stadium knew that if the punt got off it would be 4-0 cause as soon as you jump on Goodpasture they lay down. At least thats what ive noticed in the 3 games of the David Martin era ive seen/played in. If Alcoa goes up 14-0 against goodpasture the game is over. Its that simple. History repeats itself! Ask anyone that goes to Alcoa Maryville games

I haven't looked at Alcoa's region, but it seems you have lots of open weeks to play good competition. If our region is down, as it is this year, we have to play teams that don't challenge us to get better for the big games in the play-offs. No slam to Alcoa; you're doing the right thing to get ready. I say another gold ball is inevitable.

I haven't looked at Alcoa's region, but it seems you have lots of open weeks to play good competition. If our region is down, as it is this year, we have to play teams that don't challenge us to get better for the big games in the play-offs. No slam to Alcoa; you're doing the right thing to get ready. I say another gold ball is inevitable.

There are 7 teams in Alcoa's region; 8 teams in Goodpasture's, so your theory about having a "lot of open weeks to play good competition" doesn't add up. Our region is down (again...same old song), and apparently Alcoa has trouble finding other 2A teams to play us that could give us some good competition, so we have to play up to get ready for the play-offs. Alcoa has always had to do this.

There are 7 teams in Alcoa's region; 8 teams in Goodpasture's, so your theory about having a "lot of open weeks to play good competition" doesn't add up. Our region is down (again...same old song), and apparently Alcoa has trouble finding other 2A teams to play us that could give us some good competition, so we have to play up to get ready for the play-offs. Alcoa has always had to do this.

Okay, I did say "seems like". Still, that extra open week helps. CPA tries to do the same (MBA, Riverdale). We also have trouble finding willing opponents.

I looked at their schedule....who do they play??? Alcoa's schedule is much tougher. If they meet again in the championship, Alcoa takes this one easily again.

Goodpasture hasn't just played nobody. They play Lipscomb and CPA (both top 10 mid-state) and JPII, who has the most dominate player in the state (Golden Tate). If GP and Alcoa's schedules were complete oppisite we would still be having the same conversation. IMO Alcoa has some what took a step back (the fulton game says it all) and Goodpasture has really stepped up. Last yr Alcoa was really good and Goodpasture was just good enough to make it to state. This yr I see something different, I saw goodpasture play and trust me they are loaded with runningbacks and If we see another Alcoa Goodpasture match up I see it being a tough matchup unlike last yr with GP's defense playing like they are(If Golden Tate by himself can't drop 55 on GP like last yr then Alcoa sure cant do it as a team again either). Good luck to both teams and hope to see you teams in the boro for 06.

Edited by thekid2000

Goodpasture hasn't just played nobody. They play Lipscomb and CPA (both top 10 mid-state) and JPII, who has the most dominate player in the state (Golden Tate). If GP and Alcoa's schedules were complete oppisite we would still be having the same conversation. IMO Alcoa has some what took a step back (the fulton game says it all) and Goodpasture has really stepped up. Last yr Alcoa was really good and Goodpasture was just good enough to make it to state. This yr I see something different, I saw goodpasture play and trust me they are loaded with runningbacks and If we see another Alcoa Goodpasture match up I see it being a tough matchup unlike last yr with GP's defense playing like they are(If Golden Tate by himself can't drop 55 on GP like last yr then Alcoa sure cant do it as a team again either). Good luck to both teams and hope to see you teams in the boro for 06.

I never thought losing the the future 3A and 4A state champions by a total combined score of 6 points and beating the future Div II 3A state champions by 3pts is considered "taking a step back" ....WOW, i hope goodpasture does make it. They do have a tough road ahead of them with teams liek Huntingdon and Milan in the playoffs. But hey when your top competition is 2A teams like Milan and Huntingdon (which you only see in the playoffs and you only get 1 of them) i guess you can compete with anyteam that plays future upper class State champions