ALCOA

pharmacist

Wow you really haven't seen Goodpasture play! I live in Nashville and was still able to catch an Alcoa game(definatley not the 2005 team). Trust me your dwelling too much off of last yr when goodpasture IMO was just an average team. It's a whole new yr. And to say Alcoa has everything better than goodpasture??? I say goodpasture's running game is top 5 in the state. Alcoa's line has absolutely nothing on GP's o-line and thats a fact! If you say you shut down the run last yr... Put it this way Lipsomb last yr, shut down GP to 60 yrds rushing and GP against Alcoa put up over 200 (didnt seem like it because of the score). This yr against Lipscomb Goodpasture put up a SEASON LOW!!! 293 yrds rushing on Lipscomb. Imagine how they would play againt Alcoa. Goodpasture has a whole new fresh batch of running backs. Alcoa has a better passing game IMO because Goodpasture plays smash-mouth. Both defenses are pretty good from what I saw.

Alcoa's competition has been of a better quality than Goodpasture. If you think Goodpasture is just going to run the ball on Alcoa you are dreaming. You can't beat Alcoa being one dimensional (just ask Loudon). Oh yeah, the Alcoa defensive line is better than last year; as is the defense. The D-line that pretty much handled Goodpasture last year is all back. Most of the yards Goodpasture got last year came on Alcoa's 2nd team. THE GAME WAS ALREADY OVER. In case you are forgetting, our best player (who also was on the D-line) didn't even play in the game.

If Maryville struggled against Alcoa running, then you can bet that Goodpasture is going to struggle even more. Fulton struggled against the Alcoa defense except for 2 plays in the 4th quarter.

I can't believe Goodpasture is talking like they are the tops in 2A! What a joke!!! :lol: Alcoa is on another level than everyone else in 2A. It is sheer stupidity to vote Goodpasture ahead of Alcoa in the polls. In case you forgot Alcoa got the gold ball last year!!

Edited by UTKCLASSOF2002

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alcoa's competition has been of a better quality than Goodpasture. If you think Goodpasture is just going to run the ball on Alcoa you are dreaming. You can't beat Alcoa being one dimensional (just ask Loudon). Oh yeah, the Alcoa defensive line is better than last year; as is the defense. The D-line that pretty much handled Goodpasture last year is all back. Most of the yards Goodpasture got last year came on Alcoa's 2nd team. THE GAME WAS ALREADY OVER. In case you are forgetting, our best player (who also was on the D-line) didn't even play in the game.

If Maryville struggled against Alcoa running, then you can bet that Goodpasture is going to struggle even more. Fulton struggled against the Alcoa defense except for 2 plays in the 4th quarter.

I can't believe Goodpasture is talking like they are the tops in 2A! What a joke!!! :lol: Alcoa is on another level than everyone else in 2A. It is sheer stupidity to vote Goodpasture ahead of Alcoa in the polls. In case you forgot Alcoa got the gold ball last year!!

You need to get your head out of the clouds and come back to earth!

You are living through one game played last year. Everyone else besides you think Goodpasture is number one and that is why is shows it that way in the polls.

Like I said before, you have not seen them play this year. Goodpasture has up to 7 running backs this year and they all play, every game. And yes they will run on Alcoa just like they have done to the other teams. There defense is smash mouth.

In last years game Goodpasture did run on Alcoa's defense but they just turned the ball over too much. I think they were just happy to be there last year with this year having something to prove, beat Alcoa!

THIS POST IS FOR YOU ALCOA FREAKS. YOU BETTER KNOW WHATS COMING WHEN YOU COME TO OS THIS YEAR BECAUSE WE ARE GOING TO TEAR YOUR HEADS OFF. WE WILL BEND YOU OVER AND SPANK YOU LIKE THE BABIES THAT YOU ARE. RAE SYKES YOU HAVE IT COMING! BE PREPARED TO BE COLLECTING YOUR BODY PARTS AFTER THE GAME. ALCOA YOU ARE NOT ANYTHING BUT A BUNCH OF OVER RATED MONKEYS. YOU THOUGHT MARYVILLE WAS GOOD, JUST WAIT WE ARE GOIN TO MASH YOUR FACES INTO SHIVERDECKERS BUTT.

OS- 52

ALCOA-0

SHUT OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! READ THIS IF YOU ARE AN ALCOA MONKEY

And just what have you been smoking this morning??? :lol:

THIS POST IS FOR YOU ALCOA FREAKS. YOU BETTER KNOW WHATS COMING WHEN YOU COME TO OS THIS YEAR BECAUSE WE ARE GOING TO TEAR YOUR HEADS OFF. WE WILL BEND YOU OVER AND SPANK YOU LIKE THE BABIES THAT YOU ARE. RAE SYKES YOU HAVE IT COMING! BE PREPARED TO BE COLLECTING YOUR BODY PARTS AFTER THE GAME. ALCOA YOU ARE NOT ANYTHING BUT A BUNCH OF OVER RATED MONKEYS. YOU THOUGHT MARYVILLE WAS GOOD, JUST WAIT WE ARE GOIN TO MASH YOUR FACES INTO SHIVERDECKERS BUTT.

OS- 52

ALCOA-0

Totally classless and further proof as to why Oliver Springs deserves to be laughed at <_<

You need to get your head out of the clouds and come back to earth!

You are living through one game played last year. Everyone else besides you think Goodpasture is number one and that is why is shows it that way in the polls.

Like I said before, you have not seen them play this year. Goodpasture has up to 7 running backs this year and they all play, every game. And yes they will run on Alcoa just like they have done to the other teams. There defense is smash mouth.

In last years game Goodpasture did run on Alcoa's defense but they just turned the ball over too much. I think they were just happy to be there last year with this year having something to prove, beat Alcoa!

The basis of my opinion is because since 2003, Alcoa has not lost to a 2A team. Plus the fact that if Alcoa plays Goodpasture, they would be at most the 4th best opponent Alcoa would have played this year. Your basis is upon Goodpasture's 5 games this year against an average schedule at best.

I am not the only one who thinks Alcoa is #1. As of yesterday there were 25 votes for Alcoa in the fan poll (more than what Goodpasture had). I don't care how many runnings back you have nor do I care how long they play; they are not going to run the ball effectively enough to win against Alcoa's defense.

Don't even try to sound like Goodpasture competed with Alcoa last year because they did not. Alcoa can play smashmouth with anybody. You look at Alcoa as having lost 3 college prospects last year and assume that they are down. Alcoa is playing better football than what they were during week 1 and they will continue to improve. They have the best defense in 2A and it will show against a one dimensional Goodpasture team. On offense, Alcoa has too many weapons against a Goodpasture defense that can't match Alcoa's speed.

There is no other 2A school that can compete against 3 number 1 ranked teams that are all in higher classifications the way that Alcoa has. Maryville, Fulton, and McCallie would all beat Goodpasture by at least 2 TD's.

Again, until Goodpasture actually competes with Alcoa you have no right nor any grounding to talk about how "good" Goodpasture is.

How many state titles do you all have???? 1?? 2??? at best maybe 3??? Um, Alcoa has.....let me think.......oh yeah 7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OS- 52

ALCOA-0

Oh my, I almost choked on my Captain Crunch reading that one. First of all, Monkeys, thats crossing a line in my book. OS will get it and it will be bad. i know you are just trying to get stuff started, just lay off on the monkey talk there, you make OS look plain classless.

Oliver Springs has alwyas been very classless to Alcoa. The things their fans say to players as they walk out of the locker room, the things the OS players do between plays to the Alcoa players, its ridiculous, and I thought that stuff would only occur in the 1960's, guess OS is still 40 years behind everyone.

The basis of my opinion is because since 2003, Alcoa has not lost to a 2A team. Plus the fact that if Alcoa plays Goodpasture, they would be at most the 4th best opponent Alcoa would have played this year. Your basis is upon Goodpasture's 5 games this year against an average schedule at best.

I am not the only one who thinks Alcoa is #1. As of yesterday there were 25 votes for Alcoa in the fan poll (more than what Goodpasture had). I don't care how many runnings back you have nor do I care how long they play; they are not going to run the ball effectively enough to win against Alcoa's defense.

Don't even try to sound like Goodpasture competed with Alcoa last year because they did not. Alcoa can play smashmouth with anybody. You look at Alcoa as having lost 3 college prospects last year and assume that they are down. Alcoa is playing better football than what they were during week 1 and they will continue to improve. They have the best defense in 2A and it will show against a one dimensional Goodpasture team. On offense, Alcoa has too many weapons against a Goodpasture defense that can't match Alcoa's speed.

There is no other 2A school that can compete against 3 number 1 ranked teams that are all in higher classifications the way that Alcoa has. Maryville, Fulton, and McCallie would all beat Goodpasture by at least 2 TD's.

Again, until Goodpasture actually competes with Alcoa you have no right nor any grounding to talk about how "good" Goodpasture is.

How many state titles do you all have???? 1?? 2??? at best maybe 3??? Um, Alcoa has.....let me think.......oh yeah 7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't care how many titles Alcoa has. That has nothing to do with this year.

Don't give me that you don't have a right to back Goodpasture. Everyone has a right to back their team. Who made you king for the day? You are kidding yourself if you think what happen last year is going to happen again this year. And yes Goodpasture does have speed. Like I said before, you have not watched Goodpasture play this year and it shows bigtime! They have already faced the best back in the state in Golden Tate who plays for JP II that beat MBA last week who are a Div. II power year after year. David Lipscomb who is a 3A power year after year and that Goodpasture beat has been averaging 38 points a game since they played. Goodpasture is the real deal and yes I will back them 100%.

OSthunderNUTS:

1st: your name says it all.

2nd: Thanks for giving our boys more of a reason to get more fired up about the game. (like they needed it!)

3rd: Alcoa has much more class than you're representing OS to have.

4th: I'm not going to stoop to your level to run OS in the ground. I'm sure there are some very decent people there.

5th: How many games have ya'll won this year?

6th: Good luck!

Edited by tornadogold

I don't care how many titles Alcoa has. That has nothing to do with this year.

Don't give me that you don't have a right to back Goodpasture. Everyone has a right to back their team. Who made you king for the day? You are kidding yourself if you think what happen last year is going to happen again this year. And yes Goodpasture does have speed. Like I said before, you have not watched Goodpasture play this year and it shows bigtime! They have already faced the best back in the state in Golden Tate who plays for JP II that beat MBA last week who are a Div. II power year after year. David Lipscomb who is a 3A power year after year and that Goodpasture beat has been averaging 38 points a game since they played. Goodpasture is the real deal and yes I will back them 100%.

Man, you're real sensitive. Plus you keep distorting what I have said. Number 1, I never said that you don't have a right to back Goodpasture. I said that until you beat Alcoa, you don't have a right to spout off how Goodpasture is better than Alcoa.

Second, I never said that the same thing would happen this year. Instead of a 6 TD difference, it might only be 3 or 4.

Third, I never said that Goodpasture does not have any speed. It's just that Alcoa is alot faster. Don't get depressed or upset over that comment but it's just that traditionally Alcoa is one of the top 2-3 fastest teams in Tennessee.

Fourth, you have said several times that I have not watched Goodpasture play. How many times do I have to tell you that I have not watched them play????

What I do know is this. The 5 teams that Alcoa has played have a combined record of 22-5. Goodpasture's opponents have a combined record of 13-13. Pope John Paul II is 3-3. Lipscomb is 4-1 (good record) but Alcoa would beat Lipscomb.

Goodpasture also has had a couple of games in which they have fumbled more than 5 times in the game. Guarantee you this: if you lay the ball down against Alcoa more than twice,you are in for a long night.

And finally, Goodpasture has had a couple of games in which they have completed 1 pass or 3 passes. To beat Alcoa, you need about 250-300 yards passing and you better not have any interceptions.

Let's see how well your statistics are about Alcoa.