ALCOA

pharmacist

You need to get your head out of the clouds and come back to earth!

You are living through one game played last year. Everyone else besides you think Goodpasture is number one and that is why is shows it that way in the polls.

Like I said before, you have not seen them play this year. Goodpasture has up to 7 running backs this year and they all play, every game. And yes they will run on Alcoa just like they have done to the other teams. There defense is smash mouth.

In last years game Goodpasture did run on Alcoa's defense but they just turned the ball over too much. I think they were just happy to be there last year with this year having something to prove, beat Alcoa!

I have a question, were did those backs come from? Looks like GP has some staters that didn't play last year-maybe not even on the team...

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a question, were did those backs come from? Looks like GP has some staters that didn't play last year-maybe not even on the team...

I don't know if those boys were on the team last year; if they weren't, I have one word for you: RECRUITING.

Since GP is a private school, they don't have the recruiting restrictions that public schools do.

I don't know if those boys were on the team last year; if they weren't, I have one word for you: RECRUITING.

Since GP is a private school, they don't have the recruiting restrictions that public schools do.

Please stop using the word recruiting. GP has never and will never go out and recruit a student to come to GP. All the young men on the football team have either been at GP since kindergarden or their parents decided to transfer them in at the beginning of their 9th grade year or before. All transfers go through a very complete study including approval by the TSSAA before they are allowed to play. As for the running backs, they were all on the team last year. It is amazing what a year of hard work and maturity will do. All except for 2 of them played in the BC/BS game last year. If you do know of any illegal recruiting by GP or any school please report it to the TSSAA.

Most of the backs were either hurt or eneligible or are just now playing runningback. All were on the team last yr none were recruited.