ALCOA

pharmacist

Man, you're real sensitive. Plus you keep distorting what I have said. Number 1, I never said that you don't have a right to back Goodpasture. I said that until you beat Alcoa, you don't have a right to spout off how Goodpasture is better than Alcoa.

Second, I never said that the same thing would happen this year. Instead of a 6 TD difference, it might only be 3 or 4.

Third, I never said that Goodpasture does not have any speed. It's just that Alcoa is alot faster. Don't get depressed or upset over that comment but it's just that traditionally Alcoa is one of the top 2-3 fastest teams in Tennessee.

Fourth, you have said several times that I have not watched Goodpasture play. How many times do I have to tell you that I have not watched them play????

What I do know is this. The 5 teams that Alcoa has played have a combined record of 22-5. Goodpasture's opponents have a combined record of 13-13. Pope John Paul II is 3-3. Lipscomb is 4-1 (good record) but Alcoa would beat Lipscomb.

Goodpasture also has had a couple of games in which they have fumbled more than 5 times in the game. Guarantee you this: if you lay the ball down against Alcoa more than twice,you are in for a long night.

And finally, Goodpasture has had a couple of games in which they have completed 1 pass or 3 passes. To beat Alcoa, you need about 250-300 yards passing and you better not have any interceptions.

Let's see how well your statistics are about Alcoa.

Good post like the i never said the would beat by a 6td spread only by a 3 or 4 td spread lol :thumb:

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone else besides you think Goodpasture is number one and that is why is shows it that way in the polls.

Maybe you should've actually checked the polls before you said that! Alcoa is #1 in the following: Earl Nall, Sonny Moore, Ken Massey, Coach T Fan Poll

Goodpasture is #1 in Murphy Fair and Sports Report.

Even is we weren't #1 it'd be okay...our boys do their talking on the field.

Edited by tornadogold

I don't care how many titles Alcoa has. That has nothing to do with this year.

Don't give me that you don't have a right to back Goodpasture. Everyone has a right to back their team. Who made you king for the day? You are kidding yourself if you think what happen last year is going to happen again this year. And yes Goodpasture does have speed. Like I said before, you have not watched Goodpasture play this year and it shows bigtime! They have already faced the best back in the state in Golden Tate who plays for JP II that beat MBA last week who are a Div. II power year after year. David Lipscomb who is a 3A power year after year and that Goodpasture beat has been averaging 38 points a game since they played. Goodpasture is the real deal and yes I will back them 100%.

Well, lol somebody just hit the nail on that one. If goodpasture can play with GOLDEN TATE (Best player in the state). They sure can play with what ever Alcoa has to offer. And don't even say Alcoa has someone like Golden Tate because I was at the Fulton game (no comment). Last year on Goodpasture Golden literally dropped, by himself 55 points on Goodpasture, same as Acloa did last year. This year the defense has improved and didn't give Tate that much this yr. So I doubt they'll see a back like that for Alcoa. So that closes all those "too many athletes for goodpasture" comments (Goodpasture has way better speed than last yr any way). If both do play in the Boro (both teams to good to miss) it will be a dog fight.

Edited by thekid2000

I don't care how many titles Alcoa has. That has nothing to do with this year.

Don't give me that you don't have a right to back Goodpasture. Everyone has a right to back their team. Who made you king for the day? You are kidding yourself if you think what happen last year is going to happen again this year. And yes Goodpasture does have speed. Like I said before, you have not watched Goodpasture play this year and it shows bigtime! They have already faced the best back in the state in Golden Tate who plays for JP II that beat MBA last week who are a Div. II power year after year. David Lipscomb who is a 3A power year after year and that Goodpasture beat has been averaging 38 points a game since they played. Goodpasture is the real deal and yes I will back them 100%.

Are back to back state championships made us king for the year in 2A.and we are untill someone in 2A can beat us. which it looks like it's not going to happen. so we will be king agian next year to.

Edited by noquarter

Maybe you should've actually checked the polls before you said that! Alcoa is #1 in the following: Earl Nall, Sonny Moore, Ken Massey, Coach T Fan Poll

Goodpasture is #1 in Murphy Fair and Sports Report.

Even is we weren't #1 it'd be okay...our boys do their talking on the field.

Goodpasture is number one in the main poll - (AP) Associated Press

Also they are number one in Murphy Fair, unapproved website, Sports Report and East Tennessee Preps Poll. And you are right, I would rather watch those two teams just settle it one the field.

Well, lol somebody just hit the nail on that one. If goodpasture can play with GOLDEN TATE (Best player in the state). They sure can play with what ever Alcoa has to offer. And don't even say Alcoa has someone like Golden Tate because I was at the Fulton game (no comment). Last year on Goodpasture Golden literally dropped, by himself 55 points on Goodpasture, same as Acloa did last year. This year the defense has improved and didn't give Tate that much this yr. So I doubt they'll see a back like that for Alcoa. So that closes all those "too many athletes for goodpasture" comments (Goodpasture has way better speed than last yr any way). If both do play in the Boro (both teams to good to miss) it will be a dog fight.

Golden Tate isn't surrounded by an offense like Alcoa has either. The difference is that at Alcoa you have a QB who is getting better every day and will be a college prospect next year. Chris Shiverdecker, when he gets the ball, is elusive and as fast as anyone. Kyrus Lanxter and Brian Sommers (one going to West Virginia and the other to either South Carolina or Tennessee) at receiver can get behind anyone. I don't care how good you claim the Goodpasture line is, they won't run it on the #1 Defensive Lineman in Tennessee, namely Rae Sykes. Oh yeah, do you all remember Bart Hicks???? He only had 20 something tackles last year at linebacker during the so-called championship game, although Tyner should have been there instead of Goodpasture. If Bart Hicks hits any of Goodpasture's backs, they will go down.

Don't even assume that because Fulton beat Alcoa that Goodpasture has a lot of hope. Fulton is way and beyond anything Goodpasture has to offer.

Face it, the beasts are still in the EAST!!!!!

Golden Tate isn't surrounded by an offense like Alcoa has either. The difference is that at Alcoa you have a QB who is getting better every day and will be a college prospect next year. Chris Shiverdecker, when he gets the ball, is elusive and as fast as anyone. Kyrus Lanxter and Brian Sommers (one going to West Virginia and the other to either South Carolina or Tennessee) at receiver can get behind anyone. I don't care how good you claim the Goodpasture line is, they won't run it on the #1 Defensive Lineman in Tennessee, namely Rae Sykes. Oh yeah, do you all remember Bart Hicks???? He only had 20 something tackles last year at linebacker during the so-called championship game, although Tyner should have been there instead of Goodpasture. If Bart Hicks hits any of Goodpasture's backs, they will go down.

Don't even assume that because Fulton beat Alcoa that Goodpasture has a lot of hope. Fulton is way and beyond anything Goodpasture has to offer.

well said

Alcoa lost to 2 very good teams. They also beat McCallie. The only 2A teams they played they killed. Alcoa beat CAK and Loudon by a combined score of 105-14.

Fulton or Catholic will win 3A. Fulton has the best defensive line in East Tennessee. Their defensive line reminds me a lot of Melrose's line the last few years.

Alcoa was the toughest team Maryvile has played so far. I know Maryville was without Tank Baker in that game. He would have made a difference. But! Alcoa would still be hard for Maryville to beat.

It is unbelieveable that a school as small as Alcoa has as many great athletes as they do. They will destroy every team they play until the semifinals. They will more than likely be playing Tyner. Tyner will play them tough. But! Alcoa will be too good. I just don't see Alcoa losing another game.

Yeah, I understand what you are saying but have you seen Golden Tate play?? Just to be brief the guy is simply amazing. All I was trying to say was that Goodpasture won't see another back like him by far. Rae Sykes great player but Goodpasture has some lineman that might not be able to hang with him speed wise but strenghth wise definately. If Bart Hicks was the defensive MVP from last year I'm pretty sure he had 9 tackles last yr. We all have are opinions, yes Alcoa will always be the champs until someone beats them. But until someone beats them we will all have our opinions. I do understand why still look at Goodpasture as a joke...Hey you beat them 55-13 last year, why not think that? But I've seen Goodpasture play and are far from a joke.

first of all you can't even compare GP and fulton because you haven't seen goodpasture play and your still basing your facts off of 05. But yea hats off you killed GP last yr and beat them by 42 points just like you beat fulton by 42 points last yr too. i just wanted to say new season, teams dont stay the same they either get worse or better. i'm not gonna lie I'd have a big head too if i was back to back state champs. good luck to both teams.