Best QB in the STATE..!

I think Gray will wind up being a pitcher at the college level (ala Drew Hayes from McKenzie) but he's a great high school football player at a school that has had some great quarterbacks in the past (ie Luke Powell & David Wolke).

I know it is football season right now, but Sonny said after the brentwood game that he loved the rush he got from football far more so than baseball. but then again, it is football season so we will have to wait and see.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think one of the most underrated is CALEB WILSON...3 year starter and a proven leader. He can pass the ball anywhere he wants. Last week against Ooltewah he was 9-17 (or something like that) and if some receivers could catch he would have been around 15-17...I don't think he threw a pass that didn't hit em in the hands..

Certainly:

Jimmy Clausen

John Brantley

Tyrod Taylor

Logan Gray

Mike Paulus

Pat Bostick

Joe Chaisson

Travaris Cadet

Joe Haden

G.J. Kinne

Bradley Starks

Cameron Newton

Those had all received offers from UT before Coleman got his in mid-late June. It doesn't take anything away from B.J. by the way, just saying that that quote was not accurate unless they were solely talking about the 200 QBs in Tennessee, or 200 other QB's besides these.

Seriously, how do you know they received offers from UT? Did you intercept the mail or did you eavesdrop on the the calls from Cutcliffe? If they offered 10-15 scholarships to quarterbacks, they must have offered hundreds to linemen. Do you have inside scoop on how many scholarships they offered to running backs before they got Baylor's Cooper to accept? Such insight into the recruitment activities in K'ville is truely remarkable.

Seriously, how do you know they received offers from UT? Did you intercept the mail or did you eavesdrop on the the calls from Cutcliffe? If they offered 10-15 scholarships to quarterbacks, they must have offered hundreds to linemen. Do you have inside scoop on how many scholarships they offered to running backs before they got Baylor's Cooper to accept? Such insight into the recruitment activities in K'ville is truely remarkable.

I work at Unapproved Website, those quarterbacks are among the best in the nation that I just listed. It's pretty easy to know who had offers from UT, with the guys from Volquest.com as well as the other national recruiting analysts.

And yes, plenty of linemen and running backs got offers from UT, just as a lot of schools offer plenty of prospects, especially when they were among the top juniors in the country last year.

Again, this is no big deal...or to take anything away from Coleman. I was just responding to the quote that read like B.J. was the only QB to get an offer from UT. That's just not accurate. And don't be surprised if one of those QB's from that list, ends up signing with UT as well.

Guest Cutters Crazies

VERY believable that all of those players got offers from TN, every year schools send out scholarships to all the highly rated players that they feel would fit their system or help. Its the ones they actively recruit that you should pay attention to, that will tell you more of who a school wants than simply giving out a scholarship.

And no vince young is NOT the best QB in the state.

Edited by Cutters Crazies

And no vince young is NOT the best QB in the state.

volek hasnt had a chance really to proven himself and he more than likely will be gone, kerry collins is solid but has proven little, vince young is still developing and waiting for his chance. regardless, vince is top 3 no doubt :thumb:

The consensus seems to be BJ Coleman and Sonny Gray. Just curious though, have you seen both of these quarterbacks play. Honestly, I've seen BJ Coleman play one game, but I've never seen Sonny Gray play. However, the so-called "experts" at the college level feel BJ is better (or has more potential). Who truly knows? I usually use the Ryan Leaf/Peyton Manning theory when evaulating who the better athlete/QB is. That is, it's best not to do it until they play at the next level.

most of us riverdale folk have now seen BJ and sonny in a game each (me, SCN08, and CantStopTheChop have seen sonny his freshman year also), and while sonny is an excellent ballplayer, BJ has an easy edge on him. if it comes to baseball, i wouldnt even have to see BJ play (lol i dont even think he does play baseball) to tell you that sonny is better in that field :D