Dobyns-Bennett @ Oak Ridge

OakRidgeCat

I say they are.. that much better!!

One gigantic (and I think the only thing in Oak Ridge's favor)... 1st home Game of the Season for the Wildcats!! That is big after 2 Road games to start the Season and come home to a #1 vs #2 Matchup... It should be a wild scene in the ATOMIC CITY..

Good To Great

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guess we will see, I respect your opinion, but I guarantee, they aren't THAT much better.

I say they are.. that much better!!

One gigantic (and I think the only thing in Oak Ridge's favor)... 1st home Game of the Season for the Wildcats!! That is big after 2 Road games to start the Season and come home to a #1 vs #2 Matchup... It should be a wild scene in the ATOMIC CITY..

Good To Great

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

D-B is goin to win this one. no question. With big Bo at qb and boomer(brandon thompson)woopin the whole offense all night. i dunno how u could go against them.

Brandond did have the biggest hit of the week against beardon. Oak ridge has always got the better ranking of the two of us just b/c its "oak ridge" but this year everybody knows that D-B is the best team and will not be beat

After watching a little film, the DB linebackers and D line had better get to the QB. I really really like our receivers against the overall secondary of the Indians. I am sure, for those saying how incredible these guys are, they will indeed perform well. But can they carry the load ... is Oak Ridge never going to be able to hook-up through the air?

Also, for all I have heard and read about the DB linebackers, does anyone not know about the Oak Ridge linebacker crew? Troy Venable in the middle, remember him? An all-state performer ... surrounded by two of the most athletic outside linebackers in the state in Reed Quillen and Charlie Samuels. You may not know much about them ... yet.

I am quite sure the DB linebackers are great, but I find it hard to believe they are THAT much better than the group Oak Ridge will have on the field.

TANK, you are Da Man! You just get better with age, OK even if just a week! B)

I truly hope DB walks in here believing they are going to win no matter what we do, Riverdale did that same thing in the playoffs last year.

DB is going to win this game. DEFENSE DEFENSE.. That's the strength of the Indians and it all starts with the best LB Group in School History.

Art, you must be seeing something that I am not regarding the Defense. They are VERY good .... but how do you figure that they are the BEST LB group in school history? They stand above the last few years but best in school history? If its stats you have to remember that their opponents can make them look good statistically. Please share your reasoning. Duno but hope you're right.

---

Anyway, can't wait to be there either. And remember, the team's biggest, noisiest fan - 375 strong, will be there (minimizing the space available for other DB fans) in full dress looking to play Thriller @ half time which should be a match for what the game will be like.

Hit after Hit... Punishing Hit after Punishing Hit!! Tackle for Loss after Tackle for Loss!! Fear!! Fear!! Fear!!

That's how I explain it. Now, Oak Ridge will not walk down those steps, with the Band Playing and their Bleachers rockin', with fear on the offensive side... Not walking down the steps, they won't... But when that Football is placed on the tee and they end up with the Ball, Fear will eventually set in... little by little and then, BAM!! (Bat Man Style), Fear will take over.

It's just not #19 Andrew Pappas, it's what come next or even before... It's Brandon Thompson #42, serious pain train, It's #40 Cody Burnette, will he leave you layin', intercept the pass or sack the QB.. he does it all... then when #8 Aaron Marsh comes in, he is a team leader in overall tackles. Just don't take the DB's for granted, #45 Brandon Lawson and #20 Jo Jo Throp, #9 Coty Sensabagh will make some plays!

DB by 2 scores

Good To Great

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

That does it ... I am on the phone right now with Coach Stevens.

There is no way I can allow him to let the little Wildcats take this kind of punishment. The game is off!! We are going to try and schedule someone else ... this is too much.

Hit after Hit... Punishing Hit after Punishing Hit!! Tackle for Loss after Tackle for Loss!! Fear!! Fear!! Fear!!

That's how I explain it. Now, Oak Ridge will not walk down those steps, with the Band Playing and their Bleachers rockin', with fear on the offensive side... Not walking down the steps, they won't... But when that Football is placed on the tee and they end up with the Ball, Fear will eventually set in... little by little and then, BAM!! (Bat Man Style), Fear will take over.

It's just not #19 Andrew Pappas, it's what come next or even before... It's Brandon Thompson #42, serious pain train, It's #40 Cody Burnette, will he leave you layin', intercept the pass or sack the QB.. he does it all... then when #8 Aaron Marsh comes in, he is a team leader in overall tackles. Just don't take the DB's for granted, #45 Brandon Lawson and #20 Jo Jo Throp, #9 Coty Sensabagh will make some plays!

DB by 2 scores

Good To Great

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!