Dobyns-Bennett @ Oak Ridge

OakRidgeCat

Bearden is certainly not average. Bearden has come light years from where they were. I consider them to be a well coached, hard hitting, now believing tackle football team. Where Bearden goes from last week's loss remains to be seen.

I see the DB - OR game as being a low scoring game. As previously stated in this tread by others, the team with the fewest mistakes will prevail.

I hate to say it (and I dread seeing it in person), but I believe that the refs may have a determining say in the outcome of this affair. Let's hope not.

Also, DB tends to play fairly well at OR. Let's hope that trend continues.

ROLL TRIBE ROLL

Edited by rolltriberoll

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you drive to Knoxville to see the game WaCoJaCo?

You already know I wasn't at the game. But that doesn't change the fact that BEARDEN IS AVERAGE!

Bearden was fired up, DB was flat. DB almost never plays well when the band isn't there for some reason. DB made a ton of mistakes, and still won the game.

You guys will see what I mean by the end of the season.

WaCoJaCo... I had no idea if you did or didn't go to the game... Let's agree to disagree.. as the season goes, it will play out if Bearden is average or not.

On to Oak Ridge.. help me out Wildcat fans, you guys have great all-time numbers. What is the actual Win-Loss Record in this Series?

I have it:

OR WINS IN: 1961',62,63,'66,'68,'76,'77,'78,'85,'89,'99 (Twice including Playoffs), '2000,'03 (Playoffs),'04 (Playoffs), '05. *16 Wins

DB WINS IN: 1960,'64,'65,'67,'79,'86,'96,'97 (Twice including Playoffs),'98 (Twice including Playoffs),'99 (Playoffs),'02 (Playoffs), '03,'04. *15 Wins

DB was the first team to defeat Oak Ridge twice in a season.. I don't think anyone else has done it since. I think I have missed a game somewhere, check me please and reply.

For sure, since these Teams decided to start playing each other.. This has become the Best Big School Matchup (5A Schools) in East Tennessee. From 1993 (Re-classification) 13 Seasons, one team or the other's season has been ended in the Playoffs by the other, in 7 of those seasons (DB 4 Playoff wins, OR has 3). Graham Clark is 9-7 Coaching in the Series. So, 16 games in the Series in the last 13 Seasons!!

How has Oak Ridges Head Coach Stevens doing with the School and Fan Base, now in his second season? He seems like a very sharp young Coach.

Tank Talk... very good article in the Oak Ridger today!! We can't buy coverage like that.

Can't wait till Friday Night @ The Ship!!

Good To Great

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

Edited by ArtVandalay

Art, thanks for the compliment. I have all the series numbers back at the office. I will post them in the morning, unless someone smart like Clary does it for you.

Something to remember, the winner of the regular season game has lost in the playoffs, when these two have met in the post-season the last two times. It's a mark of a great program to get better as the season rolls along, which these two traditionally do.

I am honestly stumped, should be a good one ... just for the atmosphere, the fan support ... oh yeah, the good football as well!. :lol:

WaCoJaCo... I had no idea if you did or didn't go to the game... Let's agree to disagree.. as the season goes, it will play out if Bearden is average or not.

On to Oak Ridge.. help me out Wildcat fans, you guys have great all-time numbers. What is the actual Win-Loss Record in this Series?

I have it:

OR WINS IN: 1961',62,63,'66,'68,'76,'77,'78,'85,'89,'99 (Twice including Playoffs), '2000,'03 (Playoffs),'04 (Playoffs), '05. *16 Wins

DB WINS IN: 1960,'64,'65,'67,'79,'86,'96,'97 (Twice including Playoffs),'98 (Twice including Playoffs),'99 (Playoffs),'02 (Playoffs), '03,'04. *15 Wins

DB was the first team to defeat Oak Ridge twice in a season.. I don't think anyone else has done it since. I think I have missed a game somewhere, check me please and reply.

For sure, since these Teams decided to start playing each other.. This has become the Best Big School Matchup (5A Schools) in East Tennessee. From 1993 (Re-classification) 13 Seasons, one team or the other's season has been ended in the Playoffs by the other, in 7 of those seasons (DB 4 Playoff wins, OR has 3). Graham Clark is 9-7 Coaching in the Series. So, 16 games in the Series in the last 13 Seasons!!

How has Oak Ridges Head Coach Stevens doing with the School and Fan Base, now in his second season? He seems like a very sharp young Coach.

Tank Talk... very good article in the Oak Ridger today!! We can't buy coverage like that.

Can't wait till Friday Night @ The Ship!!

Good To Great

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

So, you opinion is based on seeing Beaden how many times? I think you are just an "anti" poster. Take the opposite position to try and ###### people off. How about you actually attend a game and then give some thoughts.

Ole Dad

You already know I wasn't at the game. But that doesn't change the fact that BEARDEN IS AVERAGE!

Bearden was fired up, DB was flat. DB almost never plays well when the band isn't there for some reason. DB made a ton of mistakes, and still won the game.

You guys will see what I mean by the end of the season.

So, you opinion is based on seeing Beaden how many times? I think you are just an "anti" poster. Take the opposite position to try and ###### people off. How about you actually attend a game and then give some thoughts.

Ole Dad

I've seen Bearden play one less game than these other posters I am arguing with. In other words they have seen Bearden play one game this year. And that is one more game than you have seen Ole Dad. So you don't know if im right or wrong.

You should stick to picking on Clinton people......their easy.

Hey Art, Stevens is doing really well with most of the students and fans, the numbers are rising back up towards the 100 players mark grades 10-12, we're having more upperclassmen come out to play that can help us, that for some reason haven't come out before. The whole coaching staff some fans argue is light on experience. But they are all Oak Ridgers that played for the Cats. I have heard Stanton say that if you didn't play for OR, you won't be coaching for him. So, the second year is going pretty well.

The team is where you guys were last year, young but talented. Stanton still saying we have a chance to be pretty good 6 weeks from now. The kids are excited to play at home this weekend against a great team and rival. What an atmoshphere, DB at the Ship! We're expecting about 10,000, if not more for this one. Get there early, make time for some Big Ed's, or come up behind the press box and tailgate with us. Please tell me the DB band is coming. Just curious, do you bring the whole band on the road? I know some older Oak Ridgers that can't make it to the games as well as they used to. They come to this game to hear the DB band.

Dang Tank, nice to know your supporting Oak Ridge. I thought OR did a much better job in week 2 and had a lot fewer mistakes. Improvement comes each week. The game at Bradley Central had a lot of outside influences (refs) or it would have been a lot worse. I think the refs called eleven flags on Oak Ridge and only one on Bradely Central, gimme a break.

Paul Bingham was a man on a mission last night and he will get better. The players are not yet to 100% effort, but they made great strides from week one to week two. Pick it up OR and give the Tribe all they want and more.

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL! :)

ORCat,

Easy on Tank, let him pick DB, history is on our side, Tank picked Cal to roll all over our Vols! :)