FCS vs. Clay Co

FCSpoe

I think it's funny that the ones that blabbed the most about TC running up the score on RBS last year were FCS fans (you know who you are). Gordansville could have done the same to RBS and didn't. We could have done the same to Jackson County...and didn't. <_<

Trust me....Anyone that was at the game should know that the score was not run up by the coach. The starters were out with 3 minutes left in the first Q. They were put back in for a couple of series in the second Q. I was so bored, I don't even know if they even played in the second half. I doubt it because it usually only took about two plays for them to score, and they didn't score but one touchdown in the second half. Special teams didn't even have the starters for most of the game. FCS never had to go much more that 30 yards for touchdown. Look at the stats, and see how many times they passed the ball. I don't know what else the coach could have done other than tell them where we were going to run the ball. But when you line up and run the ball every play, and they can't tackle, what are you suppose to do, knee the ball every play? Sorry, but the young guys practice hard, and want to show coaches what they can do. It's the other teams job to stop you. If a coach runs up a score...that's bad sportsmanship. If your JV and 9th grade run up the score...that's just kids playing ball.

Keep this in mind...if the coach wanted to run up the score, it could have easily been 120+ to 0. Ask yourself this question, what possible reason would FCS coach want to run the score up? To run it up on Trousdale county or someone with an outstanding program like Trousdale, would be making a statement, because everyone knows it ain't gonna happen. But to run it up on a rebuilding team...that's not a statement. In all honesty, I think the coaches did everything possible to not run the score up. But again, if you start inside the 35 every time and only take 2 or 3 plays to get to the zone, what are you suppose to do?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FCS scored eleven touchdowns.... that sounds like alot, now pause and think about this. FCS was 0-1 passing. and then ran the ball with seven different guys for 298 yards. i think only 150 of those yards are from rickaway, markham and alsup (the starters). The rest was the younger guys. even with those stats though, i still say FCS ran it up a bit, the starters were in until it was 49-0.... pull them before that.

FCS scored eleven touchdowns.... that sounds like alot, now pause and think about this. FCS was 0-1 passing. and then ran the ball with seven different guys for 298 yards. i think only 150 of those yards are from rickaway, markham and alsup (the starters). The rest was the younger guys. even with those stats though, i still say FCS ran it up a bit, the starters were in until it was 49-0.... pull them before that.

Just have to agree to disagree on that part. The starters were actually pulled when it was 28-0 in the first Q with over 3 minutes to go. They started the second Q and played a couple of series...that was it. A few starters played, but not in their normal position in a couple more series, just to get some experience in their back-up position. But they were pulled rather quickly even from the back-up spots. From there it was JV and 9th for the most part.

By the way, Clay is young, they'll be stronger the next couple of years.

#1 - I'm not for running up the score!

#2 - You have to give your starters so much playing time. It helps them later in the season.

#3 - You can't tell your kids not to do there best.

Just have to agree to disagree on that part. The starters were actually pulled when it was 28-0 in the first Q with over 3 minutes to go. They started the second Q and played a couple of series...that was it. A few starters played, but not in their normal position in a couple more series, just to get some experience in their back-up position. But they were pulled rather quickly even from the back-up spots. From there it was JV and 9th for the most part.

By the way, Clay is young, they'll be stronger the next couple of years.

I have a friend who plays for FCS's line, they starting offense was in until the end of the first quarter when it was 28-0. They were pulled. They put JV in for one series which the JV scored 35 - 0. Then they put the STARTING OFFENSE back into the game for three more series, all of which they scored on making it 56 - 0 (the starters having scored 49. I don't know much about alot of teams, but when it comes to FCS i know what goes on. The starters played seven series, and were never stopped on a single series.

You know this conversation really stinks and we've sure been here before. We were the DEVIL last year after the Red Boiling game. I made the statement then that we had 29 players on our team and only 25 dressed for the game. The starters,the ones that dressed that is,only played 11 minutes scoring 42 points then were pulled. The rest came from the other 14 kids on the team which were entitled to play as hard as they could. No one wanted to acknowledge that 35 of the 91 points were directly contributed to bulldogs mistakes or gifts you might call them. I tried to argue but it fell on deaf ears so i truely feel for you FCS. The bleeding hearts on this sight only see the number they don't want to hear the facts. I'm sorry that it got that bad for Celina because i remember when they were good but if i know those people up there like i think i do they would want the young boys to play as hard as they could.

FC will probably win the region or be one of the top two teams. Trousdale is down and I expect FC to win it.

Heres the problem, Clay Co is terribly weak. They have so many problems I can't begin to explain why they lost. My cousin plays up there and I can promise you it starts and ends with one man. They only have a few kids out this year and it was obvious when they played Jackson Co they didnt even know what they were doin. I remember just a few years back they had 40 or 50 boys out. Now I bet they don't have many more than RBS.

If they win two games I'll be shocked.

Trust me....Anyone that was at the game should know that the score was not run up by the coach. The starters were out with 3 minutes left in the first Q. They were put back in for a couple of series in the second Q. I was so bored, I don't even know if they even played in the second half. I doubt it because it usually only took about two plays for them to score, and they didn't score but one touchdown in the second half. Special teams didn't even have the starters for most of the game. FCS never had to go much more that 30 yards for touchdown. Look at the stats, and see how many times they passed the ball. I don't know what else the coach could have done other than tell them where we were going to run the ball. But when you line up and run the ball every play, and they can't tackle, what are you suppose to do, knee the ball every play? Sorry, but the young guys practice hard, and want to show coaches what they can do. It's the other teams job to stop you. If a coach runs up a score...that's bad sportsmanship. If your JV and 9th grade run up the score...that's just kids playing ball.

Keep this in mind...if the coach wanted to run up the score, it could have easily been 120+ to 0. Ask yourself this question, what possible reason would FCS coach want to run the score up? To run it up on Trousdale county or someone with an outstanding program like Trousdale, would be making a statement, because everyone knows it ain't gonna happen. But to run it up on a rebuilding team...that's not a statement. In all honesty, I think the coaches did everything possible to not run the score up. But again, if you start inside the 35 every time and only take 2 or 3 plays to get to the zone, what are you suppose to do?

When did Rickaway score? I believe he scored touchdown 3, 4, and 6. Now, he did sit out the first quarter and was given an opportunity to play. No problem. But to continue to get the nod when the score was 35 - 0, making the score 42-0, now that's coaching. No way was that running the score up. All-state player getting the hand-off when the score is way out of reach is no doubt just giving ALL the players equal opportunity.

Edited by The Bull

When did Rickaway score? I believe he scored touchdown 3, 4, and 6. Now, he did sit out the first quarter and was given an opportunity to play. No problem. But to continue to get the nod when the score was 35 - 0, making the score 42-0, now that's coaching. No way was that running the score up. All-state player getting the hand-off when the score is way out of reach is no doubt just giving ALL the players equal opportunity.

I have been trying to put this thread to rest for what seems like weeks by now. I will say it again, I unlike my other FCS fans, think that the coach's did run up the score a little bit. I don't know why, but i do agree with you that i feel they did. But i will say that when the ball didn't cross FCS's forty yard line until late in the third when it was Clay Co varsity vs FCS jv it would be hard to keep the score down. And just to get your facts straight, rickaway actually scored Touchdowns 6-7-8. The first one was alsup, second was markham, third was alsup, forth was markham, fifth was mcknight (interception) and then 6-7-8 was rickaway. Three touchdowns on only 4 carries for 69 yards.

I have been trying to put this thread to rest for what seems like weeks by now. I will say it again, I unlike my other FCS fans, think that the coach's did run up the score a little bit. I don't know why, but i do agree with you that i feel they did. But i will say that when the ball didn't cross FCS's forty yard line until late in the third when it was Clay Co varsity vs FCS jv it would be hard to keep the score down. And just to get your facts straight, rickaway actually scored Touchdowns 6-7-8. The first one was alsup, second was markham, third was alsup, forth was markham, fifth was mcknight (interception) and then 6-7-8 was rickaway. Three touchdowns on only 4 carries for 69 yards.

and to keep your facts straight... Rickaway scored touchdowns 6-7-9. The fullback injued his arm on touchdown #8

and to keep your facts straight... Rickaway scored touchdowns 6-7-9. The fullback injued his arm on touchdown #8

Don't remind me, I still haven't heard on how he is. We might have to ditch the I formation if we can't find another fullback who can block downhill runs like preston could.