McEwen Vs. Bruceton

Orangefanallday

McEwen should take care of business this friday....we came off a tought region 5A overtime 1 pt loss to a better than average Forrest team...McEwen will be looking to get things back on track with hard hitting early...Talk about wearing McEwen down by hitting, I very well doubt that, It seems like these boys like to hit as much as anyone in tennessee high school football....I can think of several times instead of getting a few more yards by running away from a defender they will try to just run right over you....Not the smartest decision but by no means will you wear them down by contact... I have said it all year long, McEwen, the biggest opposition you have to worry about this year is yourselves....don't let bruceton-hr make a 70 touchdown run, like you did last week against Forrest...THE BIG MISTAKES ARE WHAT CAUSE YOU THE GAME SO BE AWARE AT ALL TIMES AND DON'T GIVE UP ON THE PLAY, THE BIG PLAYS, FUMBLES, AND MISHANDLES ARE WHAT WILL KEEP YOU OUT OF CONTENTION OF A DECENT PLAYOFF SPOT....I'm not even sure if we have ever even beat bruceton-hr before....but that all will change this friday night....McEwen don't let this be a factor, this is by no stretch of the imagination the same bruceton team you have played in the past... come out, play hard, and come rollin back in McEwen with the W... Another point I would like to make is why can't McEwen just get Tyler Hooper to come out and kick fg and more importantly extra pts for us....he wouldn't have to come to all the practices, just get him in a few days a week practicing kicking and let him come out friday and take care of business....the fact is if we had someone who could kick the ball we would be 3-0(1-0) instead of 2-1(0-1)...Not downing ya'll boys but several times throughout this season this factor is going to come in to play...you have already witnesses it once

McEwen 20 (3 touchdowns, 1 2 pt conversion)

Bruceton Hollow-Rock 7

McEwen wins...

Bruceton loses...

McEwen gets ready for the WHH Pats

Bruceton gets ready for basketball...( just kiddin, lol) good luck after friday

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McEwen should take care of business this friday....we came off a tought region 5A overtime 1 pt loss to a better than average Forrest team...McEwen will be looking to get things back on track with hard hitting early...Talk about wearing McEwen down by hitting, I very well doubt that, It seems like these boys like to hit as much as anyone in tennessee high school football....I can think of several times instead of getting a few more yards by running away from a defender they will try to just run right over you....Not the smartest decision but by no means will you wear them down by contact... I have said it all year long, McEwen, the biggest opposition you have to worry about this year is yourselves....don't let bruceton-hr make a 70 touchdown run, like you did last week against Forrest...THE BIG MISTAKES ARE WHAT CAUSE YOU THE GAME SO BE AWARE AT ALL TIMES AND DON'T GIVE UP ON THE PLAY, THE BIG PLAYS, FUMBLES, AND MISHANDLES ARE WHAT WILL KEEP YOU OUT OF CONTENTION OF A DECENT PLAYOFF SPOT....I'm not even sure if we have ever even beat bruceton-hr before....but that all will change this friday night....McEwen don't let this be a factor, this is by no stretch of the imagination the same bruceton team you have played in the past... come out, play hard, and come rollin back in McEwen with the W... Another point I would like to make is why can't McEwen just get Tyler Hooper to come out and kick fg and more importantly extra pts for us....he wouldn't have to come to all the practices, just get him in a few days a week practicing kicking and let him come out friday and take care of business....the fact is if we had someone who could kick the ball we would be 3-0(1-0) instead of 2-1(0-1)...Not downing ya'll boys but several times throughout this season this factor is going to come in to play...you have already witnesses it once

McEwen 20 (3 touchdowns, 1 2 pt conversion)

Bruceton Hollow-Rock 7

McEwen wins...

Bruceton loses...

McEwen gets ready for the WHH Pats

Bruceton gets ready for basketball...( just kiddin, lol) good luck after friday

The 70 yard run wasn't you D but Johnson is just really good. He's done it for 2 years now. Tell me more about the kicker. I wa wondering why ya'll never kicked and just guessed you didnt have a kicker. A PAT after the touchdown in OT would have been the way to go, unless you we're playing for the win then no shame in that. McEwen is a good ball team and does like to hit. Chapel Hill does too and boy they layed into each other. If bruceton doesn't like to be hit or can't hit it will be a long night for them. GO REGION 5!!!!

Who knows what happened to our kicking game. It went south and has been there for a long time now. Its often overlooked but one of the most important aspects of the game. We always had good kickers when I played (had a kicker who could nail 48 yarders in a game), but haven't seen anyone with any consistency in a long time. We also ran the same play on 2 pt conversions that they attempted in OT. Whatever happened to putting the ball on the left hash and allowing the RB to outrun the defense to the corner?

As for this week, this should be another hard hitting defensive game. I am impressed with our defense and I think they can keep Bruceton in check. Pass defense is still suspect, but Bruceton is a run first team. I like our depth at running back and taking the Warriors in this one 12-7.

Who knows what happened to our kicking game. It went south and has been there for a long time now. Its often overlooked but one of the most important aspects of the game. We always had good kickers when I played (had a kicker who could nail 48 yarders in a game), but haven't seen anyone with any consistency in a long time. We also ran the same play on 2 pt conversions that they attempted in OT. Whatever happened to putting the ball on the left hash and allowing the RB to outrun the defense to the corner?

As for this week, this should be another hard hitting defensive game. I am impressed with our defense and I think they can keep Bruceton in check. Pass defense is still suspect, but Bruceton is a run first team. I like our depth at running back and taking the Warriors in this one 12-7.

who are you oremeinkeig? were you a senior during the 88 season?

Yes, I hear McEwen is very phsycial with two real good LB's but Brucetons FB is a GIANT with speed - A possible Div I prospect (6'5 - 255) with good speed. The Tailback is already a Div. I prospect having attended some camps already. He is 6'1 210 and has great speed. Bruceton has a good mix of size and speed up front and is NEVER intimidated by anyone anywhere. Everyone should know that. This game sets up for a classic trench war with it being a low scoring game. Bruceton does have a pretty good passing attack and if the warriors bring too many - someone will be wide open. This should be a low scoring game with Bruceton having a small advantage.

Bruceton's only loss came to a tough Fayette Acad. team which may have enough to get to the Blue Cross Bowl this year.

Im looking forward to the game Friday night.... Go TIGERS!!!!!!!!!

The 70 yard run wasn't you D but Johnson is just really good. He's done it for 2 years now. Tell me more about the kicker. I wa wondering why ya'll never kicked and just guessed you didnt have a kicker. A PAT after the touchdown in OT would have been the way to go, unless you we're playing for the win then no shame in that. McEwen is a good ball team and does like to hit. Chapel Hill does too and boy they layed into each other. If bruceton doesn't like to be hit or can't hit it will be a long night for them. GO REGION 5!!!!

i have 2 give 2 the whole team they didn't give up at all.... and johnson is one heck of a back but he would not have got the 70 yard carry without the rest of the team... so u cann't say they r just a one man team.. but why does he play both ways i wouldn't WANT 2 resk gettin im hurt and keep him fresh 4 offence GOOD LUCK 2 ALL REIGON 5 TEAMS......