Jefferson Co. vs Morristown East

EASTFAN

Morristown East would like to see how they measure

up to a team that played Morristown West.( that's the game east fans want)

Jefferson Co. gave Mo-West all they want for a half, the just runout of gas in the

2nd half. Every game is important, you cannot look ahead or you will get your

butt beat. Win or lose we will know what we need to work on.

The game would not have been as close in the first half if West had not fumbled a punt (led to Jeff's ONLY score) and had so many penalties. Hard to win when you have to play the other team and the zebra's, but we are getting used to that at West.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The game would not have been as close in the first half if West had not fumbled a punt (led to Jeff's ONLY score) and had so many penalties. Hard to win when you have to play the other team and the zebra's, but we are getting used to that at West.

I must have missed the zebra's hitting Jeff County players late and out of bounds and pulling facemasks

Undoubtedly this is a typical fan that thinks their team is never capable of committing a penalty. You're simply a poor sport for whining about it on the boards when it happens and they get a flag thrown at them. Especially given that you won the game. That attitudes shows that you don't understand football and the fact that facemasks and late hits are unfortunately a part of the game and deserve flags when they happen, even if it is against your favorite team. I seem to recall that Jeff made some bad hits too and got flags thrown their way because of it. I don't see anyone on here crying foul about that and we're the ones that lost. West won the game and grats to you, but you're a terribly accurate example of one of the few poor fans out there for West that puts a bad twist on what should be a great rivalry.

Learn to win with dignity.

Undoubtedly this is a typical fan that thinks their team is never capable of committing a penalty. You're simply a poor sport for whining about it on the boards when it happens and they get a flag thrown at them. Especially given that you won the game. That attitudes shows that you don't understand football and the fact that facemasks and late hits are unfortunately a part of the game and deserve flags when they happen, even if it is against your favorite team. I seem to recall that Jeff made some bad hits too and got flags thrown their way because of it. I don't see anyone on here crying foul about that and we're the ones that lost. West won the game and grats to you, but you're a terribly accurate example of one of the few poor fans out there for West that puts a bad twist on what should be a great rivalry.

You are correct billiard13, you unlucky cue stick. Just remember every school has them, and I mean EVERY school. It is in most cases a combination of ignorance, and immaturity. Most of the ones who cry the loudest about the dishonest zebra's don't know enough about the rules of the game to fill a thimble, and only cast a bad light on their own school. :thumb:

I did not say we did not, would not, or could not commit penalties. I just do not believe we commit 10 to our opponents 1 (and that is the typical ratio at West games -- home or away). I was not crying foul; I was just trying to tell East not to get to many hopes because Jeff stayed close in the first half. It is impossible for them to judge their game due to what happened in the West/Jeff game.

I think that Jeff is going to take East to the house (provided the QB play is at least average for Jeff). Jeff is huge up front and has great team speed. East has not really played anyone like Jeff yet and I do not think they will be prepared for what Jeff is going to do.

We always win...with dignity.

I just want to make it public that I hope East quarterback Brad Ramsey never steps on to a football field in TN with that stunt he pulled on Adam Rickard. I can understand a late hit or something, but holding a player by his throat and choking him to death is definately not something that needs to happen. You always hate to see a kid carried off on a strecther with an oxygen mask on even more when it is because of another player attempting to cause that pain. I hear the TSSAA will be reviewing the game tape and i hope to see Brad Ramsey kicked off the team. However that still wouldn't be enough justice for attempting to kill someone by cutting off their air way.

Good Game tonight boys. You fought hard. Adam, I hope you have a fast recovery and I will be praying for you.