Scott Vs. Taft

Bassfishing_205

SHS CANT PLAY WITH ANYONE IN THAT REGION FOR TO QUATERS EITHER :D WHEN WAS YOU LAST WINNING SEASON B) YOU ALL AINT ANY BETTER THAN WE ARE JUST A FEW MORE PEOPLE :lol: AS FOR COALFIELD THEY WOULD GIVE THE MIGHTY HIGHLANDERS ALL THEY WANTED AND SOME MORE B)

man you must of forgot to take your medication today.let me see you all come in to our region and win.yea i dont think it will happen.and scott high could beat coalfield.but if you are goin to talk about oneida you need to go to another topic.and answer me this why wont oneida play scott in football? :lol: yea just what i thought.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

man you must of forgot to take your medication today.let me see you all come in to our region and win.yea i dont think it will happen.and scott high could beat coalfield.but if you are goin to talk about oneida you need to go to another topic.and answer me this why wont oneida play scott in football? B) yea just what i thought.

watch ur mouth ur talkin to a fellow paintrocker he knows who would win he bleeds red and silver but has a reason to like oneida B)

SHS CANT PLAY WITH ANYONE IN THAT REGION FOR TO QUATERS EITHER :lol: WHEN WAS YOU LAST WINNING SEASON :thumb: YOU ALL AINT ANY BETTER THAN WE ARE JUST A FEW MORE PEOPLE :lol: AS FOR COALFIELD THEY WOULD GIVE THE MIGHTY HIGHLANDERS ALL THEY WANTED AND SOME MORE :lol:

hey big indian wat u talken bout yens couldnt doing half as good as scott in our region u guys play the same people yens played n elementery

I was at the OS-Scott game and I was on the OS sideline. I don't think the chain guys were signalling plays (although it can happen). They were rooting for their team and Oliver Springs' coach didn't like it too much with them being on their sideline. I know he told the refs if they didn't keep it down that he wanted them removed and then on Scott's third TD one of the guys said something to Coach Brackett. I don't know what was said, but I seen him say something and then Coach Brackett had them removed. As it turned out I think it was just as much of a motivating tool for Coach Brackett as anything else because while the refs were talking about moving the chain gang, Brackett really got after his team and challenged their manhood. The Bobcats definitely responded after that.

If I moved to Scott County, ran for county executive and made only one promise that Scott and Oneida would play every year in football, could I get elected?

They need to play. I cover sports in Roane County and there's nothing better than Harriman-Rockwood, Kingston-OS, OS-Rockwood, Midway-Harriman and games like that.

If I moved to Scott County, ran for county executive and made only one promise that Scott and Oneida would play every year in football, could I get elected?

They need to play. I cover sports in Roane County and there's nothing better than Harriman-Rockwood, Kingston-OS, OS-Rockwood, Midway-Harriman and games like that.

THEY USED TO PLAY BUT SCOTT BEAT ONEIDA 8 OR 9 YEARS IN A ROLL AND ONEIDA DIDNT EVEN SCORE FOR LIKE 6 OF THEM SO THEY STOPPED PLAYING. PROLLY WONT EVER START BACK. SHS WHOULD LOVE TO PLAY.

The one thing the Scott High players don't understand is that the Oneida players and fans for the most part want this game to happen. Most years Scott would and should win. You all are a AAA school and Oneida is A. Period. You can argue it all you want, but that's the way the numbers are. I'm not sure if the numbers are correct, but until someone goes through and gives me a head count, I'll just have to take the TSSAA at its word, just like the rest of us.

The one thing the Scott High players don't understand is that the Oneida players and fans for the most part want this game to happen. Most years Scott would and should win. You all are a AAA school and Oneida is A. Period. You can argue it all you want, but that's the way the numbers are. I'm not sure if the numbers are correct, but until someone goes through and gives me a head count, I'll just have to take the TSSAA at its word, just like the rest of us.

;)

:thumb:

i would love to see oneida and scott play that would be one of the greatest high school football games i honestly think that the players would be able to get along but what about the guys who used to play each other in the 80's could they sit there the whole time on either side line and not run their mouth i'm talk to both teams oneida and scott cause when you think about it you cant have a football game with fights all over the freaking stadium...... if you want the game to happen get the school boards and the coaches to work something out we play you all in every thing else why not football....

:thumb:

i would love to see oneida and scott play that would be one of the greatest high school football games i honestly think that the players would be able to get along but what about the guys who used to play each other in the 80's could they sit there the whole time on either side line and not run their mouth i'm talk to both teams oneida and scott cause when you think about it you cant have a football game with fights all over the freaking stadium...... if you want the game to happen get the school boards and the coaches to work something out we play you all in every thing else why not football....

In a word . . . YES!

Man, this Oneida vs. Scott thing is really getting fired up, isn't it? :thumb:

I've often said I think the two should play. It would be a great money-maker for each school. But you fellas are getting too worked up about something that simply isn't going to happen. I don't really buy the notion that they shouldn't play because of numbers; True, Scott is nearly twice the size of Oneida. But Oneida is nearly twice the size of Coalfield. Numbers aren't as important as they're made out to be.

But it isn't going to happen, and that's all there is to it. I keep seeing it said that Oneida should keep their mouths shut. The notion that anyone should not be proud of their team, regardless of whether they're a Class A team or a Class 5A team is ridiculous. I agree that Oneida fans shouldn't be on Scott threads putting down Scott High. But the same holds true the other way, and I think if you'll look back at past history, and even the last couple of weeks, on this forum, you'll see that, nine times out of 10, it is Scott High fans venturing onto Oneida threads to put down Oneida that gets this bickering started.

The bottom line is this: There are six teams that Oneida needs to be concerned with: Coalfield, Harriman, Sunbright, Midway, Greenback and Oakdale, in that order. Whether Oneida would last more than two quarters against Austin-East or Fulton is inmaterial. Likewise, there are six teams Scott needs to be concerned with: Catholic, Fulton, Austin-East, Kingston, Anderson County and Livingston, in that order. How the Highlanders would fare against Coalfield or any other Class A team is inmaterial. Winning a region championship, securing home playoff games . . . those are the ultimate goals. If beating Oneida was the highlight of Scott High's season, there would be some priorities messed up somewhere. Likewise, if beating Scott High were the highlight of Oneida's season, the same. If Oneida's enrollment numbers continue to grow, and Scott's continue to shrink, it may not be long before both are classified as 2A teams. If that were to happen, perhaps TSSAA would ignore attempts of persuasion from either side, go strictly by geographical factors and place them both in the same region. Then they could play each other every year and everyone would get their wish.

But until that happens, I'm confused as to why such a big deal is made of it. If Oneida were sitting up north saying "Hahaha, we're better than Scott High," then I would be the first to say that they need to meet on the field and prove it. But I don't see that. I'm also confused as to why this "rivalry" is such a big deal to so many people. It isn't as if they've played any time in recent history in either of the two big sports. They did play in basketball last year, but what came of it? The thousands from Scott County who made their way to Stearns went home disappointed if they were Oneida fans or thrilled if they were Scott fans. By the time district play resumed a few days later, Oneida fans were over their disappointment and Scott fans were over the thrill. Both teams still bowed out of the postseason earlier than they would've liked, and today I doubt there are more than a handful who watched the game that could even tell you what the final score was.

I truly don't understand it. Oneida students can go to Scott and run track. Scott students can go to Oneida and play on the golf team. The two teams face each other in baseball, softball and soccer without incident. They team up for ACT testing. In events like the annual Relay For Life, Scott Countians team up to make our county one of the top per-capita givers in the state. Yet mention the word "football" and everybody's ready to drop and fight.

It almost reminds me of that study I read about once where they stuck five monkeys in a cage and placed a banana in the middle. The monkeys all rushed for the banana and had a water hose turned on them. This continued until the monkeys would no longer go for the banana. Then a new monkey was placed in the cage, the banana was put in, and the new guy went for the banana. The other monkeys flogged him because they didn't want to get sprayed. One by one, the monkeys were replaced until none of the original monkeys were left in the cage. None of the monkeys in the cage had been sprayed by the water hose. Yet when the newest monkey would go for the banana, the other four would flog him. They didn't have a clue WHY they flogged him. They just did it because it was the thing to do. And that's sorta the way it is with this Oneida vs. Scott football debate; of all of us contributing to this thread, how many can actually remember when the two teams played?

The bottom line is this: BOTH of these schools have a LOT to be proud of. Tradition runs deep at both schools. To sit here bashing Oneida because they won't agree to play Scott High, or bashing Scott High because they schedule weak non-region teams, is juvenile. After last year's matchup in the Christmas Classic at McCreary Central, I said I was proud of the way fans from both schools handled themselves and I thought they could play regularly in either of the two main sports without incident. But then I read comments like I've read the past two weeks and I'm not so sure. We can't even discuss the very NOTION of Scott and Oneida meeting without bickering starting between us. Heaven help us if they actually played and one beat the other.

Edited by WrittenWord