Cheatham Co. @ Sycamore

War Eagles

Regardless of Big Country & Antwat having their differences Sycamore & Cheatham will be a close game. If Sycamore wins the game it will not be because or their coaching it will be the talent on the field. They have a good quarterback in lohan and look for him to make some plays. This year Cheatham is having more of a rebuilding year but still have players on the field who can make plays. They have a good quarterback(Kyle Christmas) who can make plays to WR(Joey Beach). Also Cheatham has a good runningback in Randolph. Look for this game to be one of the biggest games in Cheatham County even though it is not a region game. Better get there early or you will be standing. Best of luck to both teams.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game shouldn't even be close at all. :thumb:

The game shouldn't be close at all. Your basing this on what??? Sure Sycamore may have beaten Marshall & Station Camp but does that qualify them to have the ability to beat everyone they play. You can't forget that this game is a rival game and emotions will be running high. Like I said before if Sycamore wins the game it will not be because of their coaching in Halstead. But look for this game to be close.

Sincerely,

WHITE LIGHTNING

The game shouldn't be close at all. Your basing this on what??? Sure Sycamore may have beaten Marshall & Station Camp but does that qualify them to have the ability to beat everyone they play. You can't forget that this game is a rival game and emotions will be running high. Like I said before if Sycamore wins the game it will not be because of their coaching in Halstead. But look for this game to be close.

Sincerely,

WHITE LIGHTNING

I think you are right. It should be a very close game. Sycamore fans think they are world beaters because they beat DL in a scrimmage. That's what they are basing everything on. I don't think Creekwood and Marshall are more than average 3a teams. Station Camp is a little better...but they are not contenders either. Cheatham lost to a very good team in Giles County. They may be contenders in 3a. I just can't see a team that lost to Macon 24-0 last year could be that much better.

BTW...Sycamore lost to Station Camp...they beat Creekwood.

Edited by Antwan

Guest riverrat

To White Lightning:

Exactly what qualifies you as an expert to criticize a coach and his abilities? That coaching staff has enough problems trying to make chicken salad without the proper ingredients year in and year out. They certainly don't need some armchair coach bashing them on this site. Perhaps you should go to college, get your degree, put in your time in the trenches; then, and only then, would you have even the remotest right to criticize. But, were I a betting person, I'd bet you'd have an entirely different view from the sidelines.

And, if you still think that you are right, go ask the most respected former coach in the county what he thinks.

To White Lightning:

Exactly what qualifies you as an expert to criticize a coach and his abilities? That coaching staff has enough problems trying to make chicken salad without the proper ingredients year in and year out. They certainly don't need some armchair coach bashing them on this site. Perhaps you should go to college, get your degree, put in your time in the trenches; then, and only then, would you have even the remotest right to criticize. But, were I a betting person, I'd bet you'd have an entirely different view from the sidelines.

And, if you still think that you are right, go ask the most respected former coach in the county what he thinks.

Good to hear from you Riverrat. Don't believe I could have said it better myself... Catch you at the game.

To White Lightning:

I said I wouldn't post on this thread anymore but this one was just too good for me to stay away.

I know who you are riverrat and I am sure you know who I am as well. Sycamore Head Coach Gary Halstead is one of the best offensive minded coaches in the entire state I would venture to say. How do I know that???? I played offensive tackle at Sycamore from '98-'01 and we flat out beat some folks during that time period based on coaching. We were never great on talent but our coaching allowed us to play with just about anyone in the state. That was the case at Sycamore from 2001-2004. There have been many solid high school football players come through Sycamore over the years but those same solid players would be the first to credit the coaching of guys like Halstead, Tommy Tharp, Matt Jones, etc. Coach Halstead's first two years as the head coach of the football program at Sycamore have been injury filled to say the least. In 2004 players that missed action due to injury included Josh Garza, Justin McCain, Daniel Doubler, and John Clanton. Last year the same thing happened again when injuries took out the likes of Austin Lohin, Kyle Graham, and Willie Vanderford. This year the team is healthy for the most part, I would guess David Lane is the lone exception, and the results on the field indicate that. Sycamore has wins over two playoff teams from a year ago in Creek Wood and Marshall Co. The team could easily be 3-0 on the year but many factors including a busted coverage late, a costly turnover at the start of the game, and a bonehead interference call by an idiot official when the game is on the line late all played a huge part in that. 2-1 on the year with those wins is still a good start and proves to anyone that Halstead is a quality coach.

Friday is just an hour and a half away so with that having been said GOOD LUCK TO BOTH SCHOOLS on what promises to be another great battle in what has rapidly become one of the midstate's top rivalries.

Cheatham County Central at Sycamore High:

If I could sum it up I would say that it's a game where the best of friends could become the worst of enemies for one Friday night each fall. Either you are wearing Red & White tomorrow night OR you'll be sporting the Blue & Gold. At the end of the game you shake hands and wish one another the best of luck for the remainder of the season but from 6PM-10PM tomorrow night (when you arrive at the stadium until when you leave the stadium) I'll just have to quote a guy who has been the head football coach at both of these schools when I say "IT'S ON LIKE DONKEY KONG" <_<

See you all at the game tomorrow night!!!!