Cheatham Co. @ Sycamore

War Eagles

The Cubs will travel to Ralph Spangler Stadium Friday night to take on the War Eagles. This is one of the biggest rivalries in the Midstate. Cheatham beat Sycamore last year 41-10, but this year that score should be reversed. Sycamore is coming off a last second lost to Station Camp and will be fired up Friday night to take care of business. :)

Sycamore 35 Cheatham Co. 7

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Series History:

2001: 33-12 Sycamore win in Pleasant View

2002: 22-0 Sycamore win in Ashland City

2003: 41-28 Cheatham Co. win in Ashland City

2004: 36-22 Sycamore win in Pleasant View

2005: 41-10 Cheatham Co. win in Ashland City

2006 PREVIEW:

Cheatham Co.: 1-1 overall (0-1 in Region 5-3A) @ Sycamore: 2-1 overall (0-1 in Region 4-3A)

This is one of the midstate's top rivalries and if you want to get a good seat you'd better be inside Ralph Spangler Stadium next Friday night by 6:30PM or you'll be standing up in this one. Sycamore is led by an outstanding playmaker at quarterback in Austin Lohin. He can throw it well and is a tremendous runner with the ball in his hands. Matt Carrigan joins Lohin in the backfield. He has rushed for 100+ yards the last two weeks for the War Eagles. The War Eagles top receivers are John Clanton and Zach Holden. The Cubs are led by a pretty good quarterback in senior Kyle Christmas. Christmas has thrown 5TD passes in two games thus far this year. His top two receivers are Joey Beach and Jossiah Lassek. The Cubs rushing attack is led by seniors Cory Randolph and Kevin Elliott.

I wouldn't expect a blowout on either side in this one War Eagles. Cheatham Co. and Sycamore both lost to good football teams that will be in the playoffs last night. I would venture to say that both the Cubs and the War Eagles will be playoff teams at the end of the season. Emotions will run high on both sides throughout the week for this one, as it always does in a county rivalry, and in the end I expect to see another classic battle between these two bitter rivals.

Series History:

2001: 33-12 Sycamore win in Pleasant View

2002: 22-0 Sycamore win in Ashland City

2003: 41-28 Cheatham Co. win in Ashland City

2004: 36-22 Sycamore win in Pleasant View

2005: 41-10 Cheatham Co. win in Ashland City

2006 PREVIEW:

Cheatham Co.: 1-1 overall (0-1 in Region 5-3A) @ Sycamore: 2-1 overall (0-1 in Region 4-3A)

This is one of the midstate's top rivalries and if you want to get a good seat you'd better be inside Ralph Spangler Stadium next Friday night by 6:30PM or you'll be standing up in this one. Sycamore is led by an outstanding playmaker at quarterback in Austin Lohin. He can throw it well and is a tremendous runner with the ball in his hands. Matt Carrigan joins Lohin in the backfield. He has rushed for 100+ yards the last two weeks for the War Eagles. The War Eagles top receivers are John Clanton and Zach Holden. The Cubs are led by a pretty good quarterback in senior Kyle Christmas. Christmas has thrown 5TD passes in two games thus far this year. His top two receivers are Joey Beach and Jossiah Lassek. The Cubs rushing attack is led by seniors Cory Randolph and Kevin Elliott.

I wouldn't expect a blowout on either side in this one War Eagles. Cheatham Co. and Sycamore both lost to good football teams that will be in the playoffs last night. I would venture to say that both the Cubs and the War Eagles will be playoff teams at the end of the season. Emotions will run high on both sides throughout the week for this one, as it always does in a county rivalry, and in the end I expect to see another classic battle between these two bitter rivals.

I will have to go with the Cubs in this one. I would have to say Sycamore is very mediocre after losing to Station Camp last night. BC...are we on the same page about Sycamore as a football team? :ph34r:

I will have to go with the Cubs in this one. I would have to say Sycamore is very mediocre after losing to Station Camp last night. BC...are we on the same page about Sycamore as a football team? ;)

No Sir we aren't on the same page here Antwan. I still like you anyway though man :o

Seriously Sycamore beat a good football team in Marshall Co. in week one. The Tigers are 2-0 in the region and that will be 3-0 after they beat Page in week four. Sycamore got off to a rough start last night but rallied to take the lead in the second half. Station Camp just made enough plays in the end, plus they got a little help from a lousy call by an official, to get the win. I believe Sycamore and Station Camp are good enough to beat Pearl Cohn or White House to challenge for the region title. That may be proven in week four when Sycamore plays PC. I do believe that Macon Co. is "mediocre" after last night. They beat a very young Trousdale Co. team in week one and Westmoreland is a solid 2A school that they beat in the final seconds of the game. PC is a legit 3A program and they crushed Macon by 40 last night :D

Any Macon Co. fan that wants to change my mind I'll say don't worry about impressing me with a win this week over York. Beating White House in week four would change my opinion about your football team :)

If I had to pick Region 4-3A after last night it would probably go like this:

1.) Pearl Cohn

2.) Station Camp

3.) Sycamore

4.) Greenbrier-White House WINNER

5.) Greenbrier-White House LOSER

6.) Macon Co.

7.) DeKalb Co.

Those picks are subject to change based on the fact that I gave a prediction after a certain week :ph34r:

This game is going to still be a good matchup. Sycamore will win this one though.

Why?

answer= Austin Lohin

He's got the talent to play at the next level with his speed and he's a major playmaker for Sycamore.

Station Camp is a VERY GOOD football team this year, their running back is quite possibly one of the best in 3a and they will probably win the region. That being said, Sycamore is not "mediocre".

Edited by melton

No Sir we aren't on the same page here Antwan. I still like you anyway though man

Seriously Sycamore beat a good football team in Marshall Co. in week one. The Tigers are 2-0 in the region and that will be 3-0 after they beat Page in week four. Sycamore got off to a rough start last night but rallied to take the lead in the second half. Station Camp just made enough plays in the end, plus they got a little help from a lousy call by an official, to get the win. I believe Sycamore and Station Camp are good enough to beat Pearl Cohn or White House to challenge for the region title. That may be proven in week four when Sycamore plays PC. I do believe that Macon Co. is "mediocre" after last night. They beat a very young Trousdale Co. team in week one and Westmoreland is a solid 2A school that they beat in the final seconds of the game. PC is a legit 3A program and they crushed Macon by 40 last night :)

Any Macon Co. fan that wants to change my mind I'll say don't worry about impressing me with a win this week over York. Beating White House in week four would change my opinion about your football team :)

If I had to pick Region 4-3A after last night it would probably go like this:

1.) Pearl Cohn

2.) Station Camp

3.) Sycamore

4.) Greenbrier-White House WINNER

5.) Greenbrier-White House LOSER

6.) Macon Co.

7.) DeKalb Co.

Those picks are subject to change based on the fact that I gave a prediction after a certain week :)

So...the refs beat you...okaaaaaaaaay...right. :lol:

We played SC in the TC jamboree as you know. They didn't do much against our 1st team. We ran at will on them. They do have a good runningback...but he got his yards against our freshmen. Albeit...we both know scrimmages mean nothing...right? :huh:

So...the refs beat you...okaaaaaaaaay...right. :thumb:

We played SC in the TC jamboree as you know. They didn't do much against our 1st team. We ran at will on them. They do have a good runningback...but he got his yards against our freshmen. Albeit...we both know scrimmages mean nothing...right? :thumb:

First of all Antwan, Sycamore is not an average team. Sycamore beat Creekwood and Marshall Co. in weeks 0 and 1. Sycamore was down fourteen points then came back and lead by three before giving up a TD to Station Camp. Sycamore will finish in the top 4 of their region. Sycamore is NOT going to get beat by Cheatham Co. They remember the score from last year and they won't forget that going into Friday. Sycamore is going to be a playoff team and they will try to make a push deep into November.

Edited by War Eagles

First of all Antwan, Sycamore is not an average team. Sycamore beat Creekwood and Marshall Co. in weeks 0 and 1. Sycamore was down fourteen points then came back and lead by three before giving up a TD to Station Camp. Sycamore will finish in the top 4 of their region. Sycamore is NOT going to get beat by Cheatham Co. They remember the score from last year and they won't forget that going into Friday. Sycamore is going to be a playoff team and they will try to make a push deep into November.

Ah...I wouldn't say anything about Sycamore...but your cohert...Big Country...bad mouths my team every chance he gets.

I think you will have your hands full with Cheatham. I think the before mentioned teams are average too. I know Station Camp is. Average is big step up for them after last year. Better than average is deep playoff contender. There's no way any of those teams will compete with Fulton...Catholic...or even Lipscomb. We'll see if I am right soon enough.

Edited by Antwan

Ah...I wouldn't say anything about Sycamore...but your cohert...Big Country...bad mouths my team every chance he gets.

I think you will have your hands full with Cheatham. I think the before mentioned teams are average too. I know Station Camp is. Average is big step up for them after last year. Better than average is deep playoff contender. There's no way any of those teams will compete with Fulton...Catholic...or even Lipscomb. We'll see if I am right soon enough.

The only negative thing I have ever said about Smith was that they'd be beaten by Knoxville Catholic. THAT CAME TO BE TRUE JUST AS I PREDICTED!!!!

If you could stop acting do darn immature for just one moment then you'd see that I did pick Smith to be in my Top Ten in Class 2A this year. I just don't think they'll challenge teams like Alcoa and Tyner out east. They'll be fortunate to beat Westmoreland and win the Region 4-2A title.